Sho-Down's "Studio Voice" EQ, an any others pre-sets that work on vocals...

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Epic Savier, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epic Savier

Epic Savier New Member

I had to reinstall everything, an I like to use that preset on my rough copies... But if any of you have any other pre-sets that work for you, feel free to link to the post, or post the pre-sets... Any little bit helps...

or you can email me es@epicsavier.com

peace
    test
  2. banetheterrible

banetheterrible New Member

hhhmmmm.....why dont we try this, if they are only for "rough" mixes like you say they are then why dont you spend 5 minutes tweaking a preset and then SAVE it as a preset. and if people post there presets, arent those in your copy of the program as well? or do you have the secret copy that deletes all its presets? so to me it seems to me that you are asking for vocal processes, and if thats the case then you should just delete this thread and not waste the space.
    test
  3. Epic Savier

Epic Savier New Member

Simple - I dont feel like going through the process of tweaking them myself.

An no there not in my program already, or else I wouldn't be asking, think sparky!

An yes, I am asking for the pre-sets people have already tweaked that they feel work. After all, this is the "audio help" forum.
    test
  4. banetheterrible

yes you are right, this is an audio help forum, not an audio im lazy so give me everyhting i need and all your reciepies just because i ask forum. and if you arent advanced or motivated enough to tweak things yourself then why the fuck should anyone just give you their shit....so YOU think there tuffguy....
    test
  5. Ted Kazinsky

Ted Kazinsky Ennis Cosby of Rap

hhaha the fuck

people do this shit all the time

this whole forum is people who use others presets

the fuck you gonna do? go to every thread acting tough just cause you have the time to tweak your own preset??

if you dont wanna help the cat just sit on ur hands and shut the fuck up
    test
  6. banetheterrible

i dont need to act "tough" there nipples. its obviose you are a "hobbiest" like your friend who posted this thread. so maybe you should go to www.fischer-price.com and hit up one of their forums. and you are right i do have time to sit and tweak things music related all day long cuz this isnt a hobby for me like it is you. damn, i feel like i am trapped in a daycare full of tards that bang a drum and think they are musicians.
    test
  7. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I agree with Ban if u arent gonna take the time to make ur shit ur own then the fact is ur wastin ur time
    test
  8. Ted Kazinsky

Ted Kazinsky Ennis Cosby of Rap

you must be mistaken you chicken head

you aint taking care of noone around here
    test
  9. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

hit me up on aim Epic....fuck these little piss ants........its an EQ Preset u idiots....only reason u came in here is to dick ride huh?

oh yea before i get caught up in the I-Drama my aims WDPS Recordz i got u man.
    test
  10. Epic Savier

Epic Savier New Member

WPDS, I will contact you shortly, but I will give bane the response he's blatenly fishing for.

Bane, in music, you use what works, an helps you out i've learned in my 11yrs of rapping. An I happen to like using the pre-set that was posted for other's to use by Sho-Down because I am simply not working with a lot at home an dont have full time access any more to a professional studio. Therfor I have to work with what I think sounds good with what I have, an that pre-set worked well, an I am willing to try out other things that work as well as it if any body feels like giving it. Now if you want to come in begging for a arguement then jump right too it. I'll make you look like a ass 10 out of 10... But honestly, I have the time, nor patience for stupid clowns in search of a arguement. So consider this my response to any thing you want to say farther on....

Have a nice day butter cups...
    test
  11. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

test
  12. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

...I think ya'll are missing bane's point.

Blindly using a preset or "process"

vs

Understanding what you doing.

I think it's great when other people share what they do to their vocals, but their is something wrong with:

"Can someone give me xyz vocal process/preset? I've used it for years and it works great for me. I had to reformat my computer, and now I've lost it"

^This^ happens way too often - following some steps, but don't have a general idea of what they're doing.

Bane:
    Go drink some green tea or something - calm down
    test
  13. banetheterrible

hehehe, finally someone sees my point, yea i get a little mad, but thats because i spend countless hours trying to master my processess like many others do and to see people come on here and ask for process like its nothing, or settings like its nothing is really bothersome to me. i think if more people tweaked out the presets, they would find that they could probably make a hell of alot better preset then the one they are asking for. and here is a hint to help you. the preview button....use it. let your wav loop while you are tweaking so you can see the changes real time, that will save you alot of time.....

*runs and meditates with some green tea*
    test
  14. banetheterrible

one more thing, yes you use what works but you have to have the knowledge to use what works, or else everytime your computer crashes you will be up on here asking the same questions, when you could have easily taken 10 minutes and re created it. and trust me man, i dont need to argue, few on this board carry the knowledge and experience i have. and there is another thing called industry standards. if you want to be a pro then you better be familiar with that term
    test
  15. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

This is what happens when fans rap.
    test
  16. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Exactly
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^^lol^
    test
  18. sw0rdzmAn

sw0rdzmAn aka shank sinatra

holy fuck...who cares if he wants to use someone else's presets....
    not everyone that posts in this forum wanna be engineers n shit....most are fuckin mcs,some who one day will be the one paying you fags while you tweak it for them.
    test
  19. banetheterrible

well if he dosnt want to be an engineer then he shouldnt be on here asking about engineering tips and askig for engineers recipes....he should be in the lyrical dojo workin on his skills. there is a reason why an engineer is an engineer and a rapper is a rapper.
    test
  20. Redmnm

Redmnm valiant taste death once

well for some MC's that just want to use presets are trying to be an MC and not worry about tweaking his eq and compressing vocals which takes time away from him trying to better his skills
    i see both points but in agruements always better to pick one side
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.