shall i just give up on the idea of mons!?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by meiosis, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meiosis

meiosis New Member

there is 0" past my desk on the right hand side, and about 10" to the left of it. this is more than 3ft, but the point is the mons are so big they take all this space back up again and put the distance to little more than 2ft between them.
    test
  2. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

what about if you put the right mon on your desk and get a stand for the left one to put on the floor, even if you only get like 2'10" between your mons it wont be a very noticible differance, and having mons in general will let you get a more accurate representation of your sound than using something like headphones or comp speakers
    test
  3. meiosis

meiosis New Member

well i cant put a stand on the floor, cos of how the door opens it would get in the way. but i can put a shelf over there, but by the time the mons are angled in im only gonna get about 2`6" and thats the maximum i can get, no 2 ways about it. and then they wont be centre of my room which is bad, as the accoustics will be a lot different or something cos my room is very different on each side.
    test
  4. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

still, they'll be better than using headphones lol...
    test
  5. meiosis

meiosis New Member

aight, so u think them being a bit too close and not in great conditions they will still allow me to mix decently? cos me headphones are making me do it wrong, shit sounds too good on them.
    if i get the wharfedale 8.1 they are best size for me to fit in my room, but they only have a 5" woofer, but they will have enough bass wont they?
    test
  6. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

most likely...my mixing position with my wharfedale 8.2s is suboptimal (i just got them today and realized that im sitting about a foot to close to them haha...i have to back up to hear what they really sound like :|) but way better than if i was using nothing but headphones
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.