shall i just give up on the idea of mons!?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by meiosis, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

i think most of us can haha...theres alot of shitty product out there
    test
  2. meiosis

meiosis New Member

well i have no option but to place them in the space that i have, and thats as far as that goes.
    i cannot possibly fit the 8.2A
    i just need some damn monitors so i can EQ properly. surely not being centre of the room wont affect it that much, i will still be centre of them, i will move my seat, and they will be head level.
    test
  3. meiosis

meiosis New Member

so is it 8.1 or KRK.
    test
  4. Fame-S

Fame-S New Member

so if tiny room+crapmed shit= bad mixing acoustics, which also = bad mixing, is it worth the money to get the mons? im askin for myself as well cuz altho i'd like to have as close to studio quality as i can get, from my experience ppl who just listen to music arent as picky as those that produce it. a lot of ppl in my area that heard my tracks recorded on an sm57 were surprised at the quality. but im guessing it was more good quality for recording/mixing it myself rather than how close it sounded to studio quality.
    test
  5. meiosis

meiosis New Member

yeah...at the end of the day ure shit dnt have to sound PERFECT from home, its only to produce a reasonable sounding demo, and for ure own satisfaction of quality. if im gonna get any further in rap, which is highly unlikely anyway, then i wont be releasing songs from my cramped bedroom! so i just need something so i can get quality to satisy me at the moment.
    test
  6. meiosis

meiosis New Member

what the fuck am i gonna do.
    test
  7. Cop J

Cop J COPJMUSIC.COM

Get this...

http://froogle. google .com/froogle?q=Studio+RTA+Saturn&scoring=p
    test
  8. meiosis

meiosis New Member

WTF, ok thats a nice desk i checked that out, but lets see, the mon shelf width is 45" right? ok...so add the fact that mons are at least 8" across the front... 45 minus the width of 2 mons (lets say 16) equals 29"...and thats without angling them inwards slightly which takes up another few iinches....so a proper desk meant for placing monitors on GIVES YOU NOWHERE NEAR 3ft OF DISTANCE BETWEEN THEM. shit, i can get them as far apart on my wall as that desk will allow u to, yet im being told its no use, yet being recommended a desk that brings them even closer...
    test
  9. meiosis

meiosis New Member

AND they dont ship to the UK i dont think. otherwise i might get one.
    test
  10. beatstarter

beatstarter New Member

test
  11. meiosis

meiosis New Member

yeh i just want my shit to sound decent on all things its played in rather than my over bassy headphones which make it sound weak and not EQ`d properly in anything else. so its a choice between badly set up monitors or a pair of monitor type headphones.
    test
  12. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

you do realize that you dont need to put the mons on their side...they work fine standing rightside up, and it'll save you about 4" each way...

stand them this way:
    |
    |
    |
    |

instead of this way:
    ______

and you'll save some space and should be able to get around 3' between them...
    test
  13. meiosis

meiosis New Member

yeah i realise...still cant get the distance. i dont get how that proper desk can not give u 3` yet im told i definitley need that.
    test
  14. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

i dont know how your desk is less than 3' wide....thats a small ass desk

i have mine set up like this:

left mon - 8.5" of space - comp screen (19") - 8.5" space - right mon

total i have almost exactly 3' of space between the mons, and my desk is only like 4.5-5' wide
    test
  15. meiosis

meiosis New Member

my desk is 3`3" total space i have for putting mons in is around 4`2" but the damn size of them makes it less that 3` time their width and inward angle space is taken up.
    test
  16. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

holy crap thats a small desk....get some stands or something then, or mount them to the wall using brackets

those are my only suggestions
    test
  17. meiosis

meiosis New Member

thats the point...the desk fills the space where mons could go...so stands or shelves give me a maximum of around 10" extra. which still aint enough. and it seems i cant make good music without them, so what the hell i just dunno what to do.
    test
  18. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

if you put a stand on each side of your desk with the mons on them you'll be just fine...
    test
  19. meiosis

meiosis New Member

no, it doesnt give me enough room.
    test
  20. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

so your saying the room your in isnt wide enough or what? cause it seems like even 4-5" on either side would be more than enough space
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.