shall i just give up on the idea of mons!?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by meiosis, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

[fuc] ...the internet... u know.. the thing ur on right now... alot of sites deliver to the uk
    test
  2. meiosis

meiosis New Member

yeah...with a stupidly sized shipping cost...
    test
  3. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

make your own cables....
    test
  4. meiosis

meiosis New Member

test
  5. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

well then i guess rap isnt for u then .. wat can i say.. theres a problem with every sollution
    test
  6. meiosis

meiosis New Member

well, it pisses me off that i spend shit loads to get some decent quality, but then need to spend a loads on some cables to get it to work well, and cant even get hold of in my country. its not that i cant afford it, i just begrudge paying shipping on a stupidly small item like that which doubles its price.
    test
  7. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

how are u gunna say.. in the entire uk.. theres no cheap cables?

like the u.s. is the only place on earth that makes good music gear?

i guess every recording band in the uk ever.. like the beetles, oasis, etc... they all had all american shit? that they payed out the ass for?

man, look in the phone book or sum shit.. an find a local store.. they have cables... ur being massivly lazy and negative about shit.. for no fucking reason.. "oh well theres not enough space" "oh well i dont have long enough cables" "well they dont have them here" "well its too much to ship them" ... wat u gunan say next? "oh well by the time they get shipped here i wont wanna rap anymore" ..seriously man...if the shit is that serious.. then u can deal wit it.. its not the fucking end of the world
    test
  8. meiosis

meiosis New Member

yes u can get cables here, but they are cheap, like the ones on my mic and pre at the moment, and i have been told the only ones worth using are monster or mogami, and i cannot find a single UK stockist of these in the types i need.
    test
  9. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

go to ur local music store.. ask wat some of the higher grade cables are... maybe its different in the uk
    test
  10. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

No, it's not different, it's simply something oversea's people have to deal with.
    Music, and music supplies BOOM in the US, we have everything, from the hottest artists, the to cheapest priced equipment, for quality, overseas people simply gotta pay a little more.
    test
  11. meiosis

meiosis New Member

i work out that if i can put the mons on my left hand wall from where i sit at the comp, then i can get 3ft. however i guess i would have to turn round to listen. also, i would be sitting about 5ft away from them, yet they would only be 3ft apart, which im guessing is bad.
    its cos the damn things are so big, 2.1A`s are 10" deep so would stick out really far from the wall, especially when angled in slightly.
    another problem with them being on that wall is one will be right above my head when im in bed, so im gonna be getting some lumps on my head i would imagine. they are the most awkward things i`ve ever had the mispleasure of trying to find a place for.
    test
  12. meiosis

meiosis New Member

i really need to choose between the 8.2A and 8.1A as well

8.1A Dimensions: 11.5 x 7.8 x 7.12 inches
    8.2A Dimensions: 14.3 x 8.4 x 10.1 inches

8.1 is considerably smaller and easier to fit, but i hear 8.2 is the better in terms of quality. i can afford either, though i can get the 8.1 one hell of a lot cheaper than the 8.2. will i really need the 8.2?
    test
  13. meiosis

meiosis New Member

ok, someone answer me this: does the 3ft i need between them have to be from the very edges of the mons where they are angled inwards? cos no way in hell can i get 3ft between the edges. if its like the centre of the speaker tho, then i can do it by putting them on shelves above my desk.
    test
  14. AllOrNothinEnt

Your situation is just fucked, yes you need better than the 8.1, and yes, you need AT LEAST 3ft in between the mons, at least.

If you can't get your set-up right in your room, move it somewhere eles,cause trying to cramp shit in = bad mixing acoustics = bad mixes = waste of time
    test
  15. meiosis

meiosis New Member

i cant...theres no rooms with any space in...we got so much shit, and the only place this stuff can go is in my room.

ok so the 8.1 isnt even good enough for monitoring?

what about the KRK rockit 5? i notice that verbalist has these, and they are the same size as the 8.1. whats the difference between say having 2`8" and 3` anyway?
    test
  16. AllOrNothinEnt

The 8.1 is good enough for monitoring yes, but you STILL need 3 ft of space between them.
    You really have to get things in order before you start buying equipment, I know you want the stuff, but there's no use if your cramped into a tiny area, that you can't accurately monitor in.
    test
  17. meiosis

meiosis New Member

this is so fuckin annoying...i just cannot get that 3ft without putting them above my bed...where i am not facing them when at the comp, and likely to hit my head on them. damn. i`ve tried every possible solution, but that is the only way to get 3ft.
    test
  18. meiosis

meiosis New Member

i`ve got one final idea...may be a long shot...but if i could somehow make a shelf to the left of my desk (where the door sits back when its open) that will fold up when not in use, i could then place the left monitor on my desk when its not being used, and when i need to use/listen to music then i can shut my door, fold down the shelf (on some type of hinge i guess) and place the monitor on it. then make sure nobody comes in and slams the door into it. that way i can get the 3ft, though i wont be directly in the centre so will have to move left a little when monitoring i guess.
    that also means my mic will need to move, is it ok to unplug a mic regularly? if so i can unplug it, put it in its case and move the mic stand out of the way somewhere else untill its needed.

so shall i go for the 8.1, 8.2 (still gonna be really clumsy and sticking out real bad in my small space) or the KRK Rockit 5? (how does that compae quality wise with the 8.1 or 2)
    test
  19. meiosis

meiosis New Member

uppin` this, need to choose mons...im fancying the KRK at the moment.
    test
  20. AllOrNothinEnt

Ok look, let me clue ya in on a few things.
    If it's this hard finding a spot for mons, then it's pretty obvious you won't be able to egta good mix to begin with, because you need to place your mons in the room, in the middle of a wall, whereyou can sit center of it, and have them ear level.

As far as accuracy, 8.2a's are killin alot of mons right now, KRK doesnt compete.
    Hell I can name off a list of mons that dont lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.