shall i just give up on the idea of mons!?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by meiosis, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meiosis

meiosis New Member

ive been trying to work this out so much...but no way anything i do can i get even 3ft between my mons if i get them. i was gonna get the wharfedale 8.2A, but then realised their size would mean even less space between, and they would pretty much be too big for the space i have. so i cant even get the right ones i want cos i dont have enough fucking room. and then im told that i need decent cables to go with them, which i cant even get hold of in the UK. should i just scrap the whole idea and go with some AKG K271 headphones as monitors!?
    test
  2. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

yeah just give up
    test
  3. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

While those headphones are nice, they wont do the job of mons.
    Get mon stands.
    test
  4. meiosis

meiosis New Member

yeah, but the thing is there is no room whatsoever, stands make no difference, i do not have anymore than that width. i suppose i could put them on the wall behind me, but most of that is a window, so then they would probably be too far apart. and...behind me:S
    test
  5. AllOrNothinEnt

Then why dont you put youe equipoment infront of the window, mons twords you, and cure all of this?
    test
  6. meiosis

meiosis New Member

cos the radiator is also there, which is no good to have my comp against, and my bed is against that wall, and wont fit against the wall where all my equipment is.
    test
  7. AllOrNothinEnt

Ok, then why dont you put the computer on the floor under the desk, monitor (screen) infront of you, and mount the mons to the wall, from l brackets, using auraxles wedgies behind it to reduce any rumble?
    test
  8. meiosis

meiosis New Member

well, that was my plan, but it still doesnt give me 3ft, cos the wardobe is one side and the edge of the door the other, so even shelves wont give me enough room. also my mic stand gets in the way, as beside the desk is the only place for that to go.
    test
  9. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

your room has gotta be smaller than mine lmao...

i can get mine like 3-4' apart and my room is slightly less than 8x10
    test
  10. AllOrNothinEnt

Your recording right there infront of the computer?>
    Jesus, your situation is fucked.
    test
  11. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

when you record in an 8x10 room that just happens to have the rest of your living arangement in it, everything is infront of the computer...and next to the door, and ontop of the bed, and in the windowsill, beside the fridge and touching at least three out of four walls...
    test
  12. meiosis

meiosis New Member

^exactly. my room is bigger than 8 x 10, but like i said its the masive wardrobe that stops me from having any wall space whatsoever. i could record out in the hall, but i dont see the point when i would have to go through the door to press record, rather than just bend down and do it. when ure whole family lives in a house it aint easy to leave stuff anywhere other than safe places in ure bedroom.
    test
  13. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

niggga do u live in a trailer or something.. jesus.
    test
  14. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

"i live at home in a traila, cause i aint got no place to go"

hahah

aint nothin wrong with livin in a trailer
    test
  15. meiosis

meiosis New Member

no but theres too much shit in my room, which my parents refuse to let me get rid of e.g the furniture.
    test
  16. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

i dont understand how u can have room for a mic to record..and a computer to sit at...and that ain 3 feet of space lol.. less ur on a laptop and ur mic hangs from the ceiling in the closet or sum shit.. but duke.. u dont have to have ur monitors right by ur set up... shit.. run cables across the room if u have to... if its a small room like u portrayin it to be, it shouldnt be too much of a hassel to hit play then slide to the other side of the room via chair wit wheels to listen lol
    test
  17. meiosis

meiosis New Member

^exactly what i was thinking...only problem is i cant afford decent long cables.
    test
  18. Cop J

Cop J COPJMUSIC.COM

If you can't possibly do anything to get the mons to be 3 feet apart then u need to mix somewhere else.
    test
  19. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

u can afford monitors..but not the 30 dollar cables? get some limewires... theyre decent, and cheap.. itll work til u get up the dough for better shit

i really jus think ur not trying to make the situation work for urself for sum reason, seriously, u must either have tons of unneeded shit in ur room, or a 2x2 box... cuz my room is about 10x8 with both doors opening inward into the room, a queen sized bed, entertainment center, corner desk, and dresser, and i can still get my mic stand in, with room to spit, and my monitors 3' apart
    test
  20. meiosis

meiosis New Member

more to the point, you cant get any of the good brand cables in the UK.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.