setting up a room for mixing/mastering?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by De'yon, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

I have a few people asking me to mix albums for them is there on online guid for setting a mastering room up? or a sertan faom pack to get you started in the righte direction?
    test
  2. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

if you have to ask these questions then i dont think your ready to mix/master an album.

no offense.
    test
  3. kid848

kid848 Ya Boi Honesty

... it's more than what's in the room. It starts from the design of the room. The shape of it, how big it is. Where you put your monitors relative to walls... etc. They could cost $15k just to build the room... that's not including the equipment.

But if someone is coming to YOU, no offense, but I doubt they need absolute perfection... nor do I believe they'll know the difference. As long as the vocals are level, the ad libs are low and the bass dumps when they turn it up... they're happy...
    test
  4. Show-Gunn

Show-Gunn A Politikin Nukka

aiiyo go to sweetwater.com and click on the recording tab at the top. then go into the acoustic treatment section. they have a free personal room analysis you can fill out. they can help you set up ur room on a budget. all you gotta do is fill out the form and draw your rooom and your good. i recently just did mine and i sent it to them. just try that shit and read the shit in the help guide about acoustics, n download the acoustics 101.pdf.

one
    test
  5. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

TRUE STORY
    test
  6. De'yon

I'm sending my album to pro in dallas but these people cant afford him..........

I wanna set the room up for master because eventualy i'd like to get nice at it.....I can get it sounding good enoughe to make people happy now but I wanna eventuualy get to a pro level ..

and why just cause I asked the qeustion I'm not ready.....I know the basic of mixing and mastering I just dont know how to setup the room besides moniter placement and isolation and I know that there is a theory behinde the placement of defrent kinds of foam treatments I just dont know it
    test
  7. Nucklz

Nucklz Loud Enuff Productions

obviously u do not know the basics of mastering.... maybe mixing but not mastering..
    test
  8. De'yon

^^^^

ok I'll give you ..............if you know so much hoock me uop with where or how you learened then.........

because I've never evin seen the room that my album is getting mastered in all i know is it is the same guy that just mastered young bleeds new album thats bout to drop and most everything else out dakllas/ft worth
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.