Seriously, UFC need to pick up new talent. Roster gettin sad. Maybe 5 entertaining

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Fucking Sab

Mac Fucking Sab Loose Cannon

The wrestling can be boring, but there are a ton of guys i'm excited to see fight in the ufc.

definitely the best p4p roster and p4p competitive matchmaking of any company ever.

hell if anything, they go overboard testing prospects against strong wrestlers. Instead of mark hunt vs pat barry, hunt vs toney, etc.
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

if you knew silva/chael from way back an followed their careers, watched all the buildup an shit talk, then watched the fight.. you'd have a COMPLETELY different outlook on it

the same can be said for boxing.. of course any average fan can go watch ali/frazier 3 and enjoy it, guys standing an swinging is always more fun then wrestling/bjj its just a fact.. but the fan that followed each fighters career and watched the first 2 fights will appreciate that one so much more because its not only the fight anymore its the history, the words exchanged, the styles involved, the predictions.. etc

sonnen/silva hadn't fought before but sonnen had called him out for 1-2 years in the past and always talked a big game it just wasnt in a main event, then finally he got his spotlight and his fight he'd wanted and he hyped it like no other fight in mma history in my opinion. then when he went out in the first and surprised silva with a punch that dropped him and proceeded to control the fight EXACTLY like he said he would.. that shit was fuckin crazy to me, in any other fight that woulda bored the shit out of me i agree but with all the other elements going into that fight i was on the edge of my seat until it ended, no lie
    test
  3. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

I agree with reflex and oursin

No matter how you look at it, sonnen vs silva was a completely one sided humpfest before the submission, theres nothing entertaining about that

Those same people big up GSP fights and pull the old "he put on a clinic! Hes so technical, you must not appreciate great dominance if you think its boring!". smh not even GSP is ever impressed with his performance, so why are his delusional fans impressed?

Yall dudes need to raise your standards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    test
  4. jayoo

gsp wasnt impressed because he didnt finish, he stood and jabbed koschecks eye to death

if you dont think history, hype, styles and all that play into a fight as much if not more so than the actual fight your crazy. when overeem/fedor fight it wont only be because its fedor/overeem its gonna be because of the history of both them fighters and how long people have wanted to see this, and how long overeem has called for it.. that fight isn't gonna have you standing just because of the names, thats a fact.
    test
  5. Mac Fucking Sab

sonnen had maybe a total of 2 relatively uninteresting minutes total.

Anybody who feels differently should be watching toughman competitions or something.
    test
  6. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

Anderson didnt even have a scratch on his face at the end of the fight

Fael's pillow fisted ass layed on top of him the whole time not doing shit

test
  7. Mac Fucking Sab

Some people get their faces marked up easier than others. Anderson never has been the type to swell or cut easily, especially since he a) rolls with punches and b) was most getting hit in the chin when he got hit in the face in that fight.
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

You've rewritten the fight in your mind, my man.

Anderson got pummelled, just never hurt. Fightmetric has Chael landing 320 strikes on Silva, 89 significant.

Silva has thick skin and Chael has pillow hands.

Mac's right, compare how often Fedor gets cut to BJ Penn.
    test
  9. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

True. Still not entertaining to me though.

It was a one sided affair, thats not really even a fight. Not saying one sided clinics cant be exciting, but you get the point lol

test
  10. Mac Fucking Sab

I wouldn't argue against chael being boring though. Great interview, boring fighter.

reason the fight was entertaining for me was actually anderson's resolve I think. If it wasn't for the triangle, i'm sure i'd look back and say meh. Getting beat up for five rounds and he still refused to sit down between rounds and stayed pretty light on his feet, although he did get sloppy with strikes.

just came off like a struggle to keep the title, making it seem like it really mattered.
    test
  11. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

Strikeforce made a great move with the heavyweight tournament..UFC needs to do something similar because their starting to fall off..

Looking forward to the next Rashad match though, he never disappoints..
    test
  12. SoInsane

SoInsane New Member

You must be a big fan of brock lesner and heavyweight knockouts hey?
    chael sonnen is crazy good you guys should pay more attention to how skilled these dudes are lol I find it entertaining
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Hahaha if I remember right silva did more damage with elbows off his back the chael did the whole fight.

There is a reason why pro wrestling turned into what it is now, wrestling is not fun to watch period. There are no finishes in wrestling just pinning nobody wants to seethat in a fight
    test
  14. jayoo

chael isnt entertaining, i agree, its the fact he did what he did to anderson silva (controlled, knocked em down early, etc) and everyone kind of expected at any minute silva would flip the switch and do what he does. THAT is what made it entertaining. if it was anybody but anderson silva i woulda fell asleep.

yeah we knew silva was weak against wrestlers but he also finished hendo and lutter so regardless of the fact they exposed a weakness he still overcame it. i was on the edge of my seat waiting for it the entire sonnen fight but at the same time wanted sonnen to win just to see how it'd stir up the rankings and what everyone would be talking about.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.