Seriously, UFC need to pick up new talent. Roster gettin sad. Maybe 5 entertaining

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

And 5 skilled but not entertaining. Shits weak dana slackin. My 2 favs in the whole league now is even just kinda sad but id say the lanky guys GSP and spida thats all. Btw strikeforce on.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

test
  3. SALVDOR

SALVDOR Delyreeuz Owns Me

u obviously do not watch MMA or UFC lol

unless u only pay attention to main cards.... or started following mma when the ultimate fighter started

cuz the UFC & WEC roster got madddddddd talent and entertaining fighters.
    test
  4. SALVDOR

look at the title holders alone

Bantam weight - Dominick Cruz
    featherweight - Jose Aldo
    Lightweight - frankie Edgar
    Welterweight - GSP
    Middleweight - Anderson Silva
    light heavyweight - Mauricio Rua
    Heavyweight - Cain Valesquez

you still have

Gray maynard
    Thiago Alves
    Shane Carwin
    Vitor Belfort
    Junor Dos Santos
    Chael Sonnen
    Dan Hardy
    Clay Guida
    Rashad Evans
    Quinton Rampage Jackson
    Pablo Garza
    Jon Fitch
    BJ Penn
    Jon Bones Jones
    Brian Stann
    Jake Shields
    Paulo Thiago
    Thiago Silva

i mean come on dude... thats not even all of them

go watch womens volleyball
    test
  5. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

^ chael sonnen aint entertaining.
    test
  6. SALVDOR

if you watched his fight vs silva and didn't find that entertaining on how masterfully he controlled that fight

not to mention all his shit talk for weeks and weeks going into that fight...

he was hilarious wit the shit talk he did

but maybe

mma isn't for you.
    test
  7. angel p

angel p ++++++

I think the UFC is gonna be more entertaining in 2011... cause now if you lose 2 fights in a row you are going to get cut... so those guys are fighting to earn a title shot and to keep their jobs.
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Fitch and Maynard are on that list and Sonnen's the one you mention?

Sonnen stays active and pummels the fuck out of you. Fitch is Fitch and Maynard's last fight was only so sick because he couldn't play his usual game.
    test
  9. SALVDOR

yea... but i also appreciate the talent it takes to be able to manhandle someone to the point they can't do shit

do i agree it can make a boring fight.. yes.. but does it also win fights.. yes

Idealy like anyone i'd love to see KO's in every fight.. or a great submission

but i still acknowledge the skill it takes to do that shit (out wrestling someone i.e.)

but chael handles shit.. when i was watching the fight at the bar wit my homies i remmber when silva started to position for that choke.. i saw it coming i was mad as hell he kept posturing up (giving his neck for it).. wit that little time left

but that fight was awesome.. if silva beats vitor next month.. i def hope chael gets a rematch
    test
  10. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

I dont know who those guys are. I only seen Sonnen when he fought Silva & that shit was booooooooooooooooooring until the submission.

Yeah, I guess MMA aint for me tho. I enjoy fights but I aint a big enough fan to appreciate laying on a guy for 3 or 5 rounds. I understand it wins fights but that ain't for me.
    test
  11. Tha Cunnysmythe

That's a relatively small minority of fights.

I hate lay and pray fights too, most people do. Sonnen's fight was entertaining to MMA fans because of the trash talk, how unbeatable Silva was and how everyone thought he would bury Chael in the first round. Without the background it's not too interesting of a fight.

I have to assume they're going to drop Chael down the ladder a little for his cheating and wanton criminality...
    test
  12. SALVDOR

who knows.. the fact he admited why he had those drugs in him.. was good enough for the commission to cut his suspension in half

i do think they'll make him fight someone else first tho

and Sonnen a White Collar criminal lol little money launderin' mu'fucka

haha
    test
  13. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Having a black belt in judo and nearly a purple in brazilian jiujitsu,and being good friend of Antonio McKee (who has helped to refine m wrestling game),I definitely appreciate the grappling game and its incredible subtletites and nuances.Also having a 5th dan in kenpo karate,over 10 years of boxing and kickboxing,a 5th in tang soo do and taekwondo,as well as a black belt in shaolin chaun fa,firearm certification,years of kenpo and kali weaponry,and much more...I can appreciate the entirety of the unarmed combat game.However,I think that it's every bit as incumbent upon the viewer to learn something of the ground game and appreciate it as it is incumbent upon the fighters to provide exciting fights regardless of the range that the fight takes place in.

Jon Fitch isn't boring,his technical prowess is highly refined and he shoud be given props for that.He does,however,need to provide more obvious sparks for the average unschooled MMA casual fan.

But real talk? I'd love to see STRIKEFORCE and their consortium of network friend lke HDNET and the various Japanese organizations really become a big force in MMA man.The UFC needs the competition and the MMA athletes need actually liveable wages that the UFC doesn't tend to pay and Showtime,CBS (or whatever primetime major network) and their crew DOES.I'd like to see STRIKEFORCE CHALLENGERS on Versus and CBS and stuff.
    test
  14. Tha Cunnysmythe

Nah, Fitch is boring. I respect his skill and overwhelming wrestling ability, but the majority of his fights are dull.

And you don't need to drop your credentials in every other post. It looks pretentious.

They didn't seem to know what they were doing, it was a weird hearing. Chael & his doctor had dubious stories and I just don't trust anything he says; he's clearly a talented and adept liar who can and will lie about everything.

That said, I'm liking him more and more.
    test
  15. DethStryque

Lolol you're liking him more and more,huh? Lol.

Yeah Chael's story to the CSAC is more than a little suspect. Basically the CSAC sucks in record keeping,Chael's lawyer is tite and knew that the CSAC sucked in record keeping,and TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) is a pretty good defense to mount as a defense to a charge of steroid use because it admits the use of steroids (which is testosterone) without admitting to maliciously breaking any rules.An "accidental" TRT overdose can lead to both a positive steroid test AND athletic performance enhancement without clearly opening up either the doctor or the athlete to criminal charges.Pretty nice defense.

Won't work in the Fed Pen that he's going to,but hey...he's probably going to Club Med-Lite instead of real federal prison anyway
    test
  16. Tha Cunnysmythe

I think he said that there's a window after TRT injections that causes a spike where T levels go haywire and that's when he was tested.

I bet he doesn't see the inside of a cell at all - The prosecution recommended probation and a fine, IIRC.

Chael is bulletproof, I swear. He's practically rewritten his own life (I'm not buying this hypergonadism/skipping puberty excuse) and he's getting away with it. Now he's going to be able to pay the fine he's levied from stealing at one job with the earnings from cheating in his other one. Crazy.
    test
  17. DethStryque

I just got finished saying almost the same thing (for the zillionth time) to a Chaelroid fan.I don't for one second believe that he didn't deliberately dose himself with roids for the performance edge it gives,but OMG did he gameplan this situation well.If he walks? Dude straight pimped the system.And if he walks? He is a LOCK for a rematch with Anderson...especially if (imho WHEN) Anderson gets passed Vitor and takes Anderson 5 hard rounds of striking primarily that Anderson will win but look somewhat mortal in the latter rounds in doing so.

And Anderson will favela traumatize (Brazilian style) Chael in their rematch.Chael will talk worldclass trash,sell this rematch like none other,mess around and make it to THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER and get insane ratings, and this time Anderson will decisively beat Chael.If it goes all 5 rounds,Chael won't be competitive in a single one.If it ends early,it'll be because Anderson will have concussively KO'd or subbed Chael.
    test
  18. Tha Cunnysmythe

I dunno, I see Chael beating Anderson in a rematch. Silva never had good TDD, and I think it'll be a little less one-sided than before but Chael takes the decision.

Haven't watched enough Vitor yet to pick a winner in that one. Only seen like 2 fights of his.
    test
  19. SALVDOR

i remember when vitor first came to UFC in the late 90's the hype behind him.. then he started falling off the map

vitor is nasty.. im curios to see how he approaches anderson.. this is the first fight of 11 that i am really excited for..

i take that back.. this and Fedor coming off a lost and taking on Big Foot silva
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Ufc is boring because everyone plays it safe cause they need wins just stay in, everyone but a few are devoloping into boring wrestlers. Some risk it just to put on exiting fights but you'll get guys like Edgar who just fights to win by decision. (think he has one finish on his record lmao).

They won't take risks because they know one loss will end your ufc career( which shouldn't be since losses are more common in mma anyway) they should keep exiting fighters win lose or draw
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.