Serious Question: Are My Beats "UN-RAP-ABLE"?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by JurahzTRUTH, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djestouff

djestouff New Member

like just about everyone else was saying, just a dream is dope as fuck. your beats are "rap-able"... dont worry about it so much. honestly someone sayin he's "afraid" of rapping on your beats sounds like someone scared to just tell you they dont like your beats.

Theres a growing movement of producers making beats with abnormal/loose drums and heavy synths. you kind of got the synth part down, if your drums werent so tight i think you could turn out some beats like that. the scene in LA is probably bigger than anywhere else right now too.

check out people like samiyam, flying lotus, dibiase, exile. all based out of LA with a good following.
    test
  2. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

test
  3. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

Post up Just A Dream in audio emcee hook up forum and ask if ne good singers will get over it.

Then show ur boy like Blah bitch
    test
  4. hi-d-ho-man

hi-d-ho-man U neva kno

Just A Dream is definately a stand out type of joint. I'm REALLY feeling Got The Books. U shouldve pick a nastier dirtier synth for that random stab that comes in every now and then
    test
  5. JurahzTRUTH

JurahzTRUTH somethin' to vibe to . .

thank you. i appreciate all the feedback.
    test
  6. L-MoeDaGangster

L-MoeDaGangster dont trip

u got some cool shit dawg, some better, some i didnt like so much... but definitely not the beatz, i listened to a couple of em.....

u gotta consider too, on the internet ya obviously dont get to meet the artist in person n kno if they grind hard n wut not, n theres an overwhelming amount of rappers out there thats str8 up lazy, sittin on beatz for months, makin excuses, etc
    test
  7. JurahzTRUTH

true.
    test
  8. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

So basically this was just a ploy to get people to listen to your music.
    test
  9. HarshZ

HarshZ no time for this bullshit

Some of your beats are really dope and I honestly think you did this just to get people to check you out.

If that ain't the case, then your boy is either wack, or has a biased idea of what hip hop is supposed to sound like.

Keep doin what you do.

peace
    test
  10. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Maybe So....and even if he did....props...because it work'd like a charm....

Sometimes you do what you gotta do to make it through....

BKster
    test
  11. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

nah man I don't think that even crossed his mind
    test
  12. HarshZ

that's real talk...
    test
  13. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

Nah, I've met a few south artist who prefer crunk beats, and showed them eastcoast type shit and they were like " its cool, but I couldnt rap over it"
    test
  14. HarshZ

I feel you, but there's a huge difference between something being not your style and something being hard to rap over or "unrappable" though.
    test
  15. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

well lol. if it was a scam, it worked
    test
  16. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

I wouldn't necessary say that the rapper couldn't rap over it....it more of an....Does This Beat Get Me Crunk?....does it inspire me to keep flowing?....do I feel comfortable rapping to that Beat?....

also I wouldn't say that all the East Coast Beats are difficult to rap over...they do have some tight ass Beats too....

Me personally I love to rap to Beats not to fast or slow thats gangsta...with a lot of change ups in the Beat....everytime a new different sound come in on the Beat....or a different melody paattern...It just makes me wanna go harder....

BKster
    test
  17. JurahzTRUTH

the funny thing is, i'm glad people are thinking this was a scam because that gives me some assurance that at least some other producers actually think i have skills as a beatmaker, which to me is important because it seems that hip hop producers are the harshest critics of other hip hop producers--nobody critiques & judges beats harder than people who make beats.

i just asked this because i wasnt sure i could trust my own ear. because i make beats that I think are hot, but MCs werent trying to rap on them so i kinda second-guessed myself, wondering if the music i made was just good to me because i made it or if i actually could make music that appeals to other people.

and through all of your responses, i was given the reassurance i needed to keep pushin on...
    test
  18. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

And That Be Most Niggaz Down fall in the Beat Making Game...

A Motherfuckers Mouth...will say anything to take you off yo Game....Real Talkology...

listening to the comments of several niggaz.....compared to the World??...I just don't get it....

Just keep pumping out them beats....and you'll eventually get your sounds to the right ears.....then you'll be straight...

BKster
    test
  19. HarshZ

lol you SHOULD have taken it as a compliment when i said that it was borderline meant to be one. Fuck the haters, keep producing you're good at it to me.
    test
  20. MrXtrA

MrXtrA Colorado Raps League

let harshz murder a couple of those beats and i'm sure you won't doubt yourself again soon......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.