Serious Question: Are My Beats "UN-RAP-ABLE"?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by JurahzTRUTH, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JurahzTRUTH

JurahzTRUTH somethin' to vibe to . .

I've been making beats off and on for a while now. And I've been having a surprising amount of difficulty finding MC's to rap on my beats (online and offline).

One MC I know made an interesting comment about them. He said they were hot but he thinks most MC's would be "afraid to rap on them" (and I think he is one of them considering how many beats I've shown him that he "says" are hot yet he never really commits to making any tracks with them)

I am becoming a little frustrated at this point and I would appreciate some serious feedback.

If you can, go to my site and listen to a few instrumentals and tell me what you think.

The site is:
    soundclick.com/JurahzTRUTH

I know I can improve on the mixing aspect (that will come with time /practice) and not all of these are fully sequenced out (because of a lack of lyricists willing to work on them)..

but are my beats "UNRAPPABLE"?

What can I do to improve? Why are MC's shying away from these instrumentals?
    test
  2. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

i cant listen 2 the music cuz i dont have speaks on this computer, but I will say this... ghostface spit an entire rap song, over a totally different 70's soul song... not sampled ,not chopped, he just straight up rapped over all of it... if you can spit a song over another song, then I dont know how a beat is un-rap-able.... which means 1 of 2 things... either the rappers u are working with are trash, or your beats literally have no rhythm
    test
  3. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

Your friends are just fags. While I can't say I really liked any of your songs, some parts were actually really hot IMO for like a second or two, then taken into a direction I didn't really like. But that's you and your music which is at the mercy of your opinion. So everybody isn't going to like the same thing.
    test
  4. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

Keep doing ur thing man.

I listened to a few. I want is all is sick as shit man.

Ur friends must be rookie artist, and have no versatility at all.

Beat's are fine man.

Tell them too listen to Deltron 3030 with del the funky homosapien and dan the automator.

He has some triphop space type beats that no one would think you could rap over, But del fucking killed everyone.

That goes for all kinds oof artist/producers.

There so much music out there man.

Ur beats are rapable, trust me.

ur friends just have terrible ears. how old r they?
    test
  5. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

U shouldnt let ur friends give u low confidence.

How long have you been making beats man?

Just a Dream is slick as shit too. hot shit

could hear a nice radio type track with a singer on this and a rapper.

Keep doing what you do, dont get down cause one of ur boys doesnt have a sense of good music man.

He must either be very closed minded, and not have a open mid.

Or just likes one style of hiphop.. who knows..
    test
  6. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

"DEAD" @ afraid to rap to them.
    test
  7. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

ur friends would say the same about these.

[youtube]tNDcEaC1xkg&[/youtube]

[youtube]-ihraCCCrpk&[/youtube]

etc
    test
  8. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

nah theyre not unrappable

i dont think theyre hot but theres nothing ruining the rhythm or anything like that

the mixes arent bad either

the give & go beat has a dope bassline and drums
    but everything else is ruining it
    the beat would be lovely if it were jus the bassline and drums actually.
    im sure i know a few dope rappers who would rap to it just like that
    test
  9. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

I checked out your joints and the only thing I can say is the emcees you communicate with must be one dimensional. I can spit to any of these beats you got! That Just a Dream joint is crazy! There's nothing wrong with your beats money. The thing is those cats are probably looking for tracks that sound like other producer's stuff, but so far your stuff sounds pretty unique which would make you stand out. My beats are like that too. My stuff doesn't sound like anyone else's either. Keep doing your thing playboy.

Jye

test
  10. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

DAMN Give and GO is crazy!!!!!!!
    test
  11. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

yea give and go is fire.

bassline and chromatic bells are sick
    test
  12. KO the Engineer

KO the Engineer hey there, pal.

send me some beats, i promise i'll get one of my artists to rip it properrrrrrr

here's somethin they rip...they'll definitely kill ur shit...hit me up.
    fuck whoevers hatin on ur shit.

Start Player
    test
  13. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

wassup its your master haha. Hell naw they aint unrapable. outseek some artists that are looking for something other than the boom boom bap and you will find what your looking for. dont sucker yourself into making the ordinary
    test
  14. heroinhav

heroinhav New Member

Fuck em. Most rapper you find aren't real artist. They'll tell you bullshit like "they wan a JEEZY beat etc" nobody knows how to be original and they'll never be shit.

Stay on your grind and only fuck with artists who appreciate YOUR art. The only reason anyone would say anything negative is because the beats don't sound like anybody elses (this will help you in the long term)

P.S
    I'm working on a new album and i fuck with your shit. Let me know if you can send over some beats
    test
  15. JurahzTRUTH

JurahzTRUTH somethin' to vibe to . .

most are around my age: 20-22 (I'm 20)

this is exactly the problem, everyone i've met in LA seems to want a similar sound (which my beats dont adhere to)

I always described my sound as a blend between West Coast and MidWest hip hop so i thought LA would be more welcoming to the sound... guess not.

haha, that may be, but at the end of the day i still need an MC.
    I am willing to make beats for anybody with decent talent and an open mind -- by the way, I'll hit up everyone in this thread who says theyd fuck with my beats -- but nobody i've met offline has been willing and I'm not trying to be an "internet producer" forever... know what I mean?
    test
  16. Reign

Reign Let it...

lol I tried getting at you several times to use em dude!
    test
  17. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

yea try getting @ some ppl here
    test
  18. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

I check'd out his sounds and they not bad....

I mainly felt "Just A Dream" & Money Talks....

What Kind Of Nigga That Call They Selves Rappers gotta have a specific Beat to Rap To....

You may feel one Beat more than the Other One for a Demo or Etc....but any nigga calling hisself a Real True Ryhme Sayer....should be able to hop on any Beat and Flow....

Some Rappers Are Very limited Though....

BKster
    test
  19. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

Man hit me off with some beats and I'll hit you back with some joints. Your joints had me freestyling and whatnot last night...lol.

Jye

test
  20. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

"just a dream" is raw
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.