Serious Question About *MOST* Black People

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by xMetasiNx, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Xzample

Xzample ....

Pretty sure the OP made it clear he was talking about people that had no ties to the "hood" at all, did you even read his post before you typed a novel about growing up in the hood?
    test
  2. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

he didnt mention that at alll...he just said his neighbor..My point was you talk like where you're from and were you were raised in.
    test
  3. Xzample

Xzample ....

I agree with your point btw, he's talking about black people that grew up next to to the Cleavers though.
    test
  4. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

Maybe it's like when you're talking gay. You talk gay sounding like an effeminate male. Till someone pisses you off I guess.

Otherwise, you get your accents from the people you hear the most. Being family and friends. So, some people come up with fucked up accents.
    test
  5. TheMarcusBLACK

TheMarcusBLACK So Long Salvation..

Don't worry about why Black people do anything. White people's main concern needs to be trying to find a way to be in the sun and not get skin cancer tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

Damn, had to bring up the melanoma.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    test
  7. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

know its a bit long, but when you all have the time. hopefully you can view it
    test
  8. xMetasiNx

xMetasiNx Met-uh-siN

lol thank you all.
    test
  9. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Accents are more regional than familial.

Which is why children of immigrants sound like Americans.

And I have a BA in sociology.

Your accent has more to do with your childhood friends and where you grew up than your family.
    test
  10. Bad Dude

Bad Dude Are you bad enough?

if you have a BA in sociology then you would know that thats just one Theory behind it, not factual.
    test
  11. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Well, every asshole can have a theory on sociology.

There are things the majority of sociologist agree on though. And every teacher I've ever had that spoke on the subject had the same point of view.

This is why I sound like I'm from Upstate, NY, instead of having a Polish or Long Island accent.
    test
  12. xMetasiNx

xMetasiNx Met-uh-siN

Filling my troll thread with actual theories is a bad plan.

tbh I'm aware of both sociological theories that are being mentioned regarding accent, and they are both true in many separate cases, with more instances falling toward Keeper's side of the argument.
    test
  13. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

exactly im like a chameleon in this way.. when im at work i put on this different ass voice which annoys me.. iv strayed away from it and started talkin like i usually do..
    test
  14. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Nah for blacks having "another voice" is a necessity in most cases, no matter how fucked up it is.

I remember the thread where @J o o k was trolling talking bout how he automatically throws out resumes of people with black names like Jamal and shit, but it's really true. Your accent is a result of where you grew up but many employers don't understand that and will judge you on the way that you speak, no matter how intelligent you actually are. I use my white voice for all professional maters so that my intelligence and resume can speak for me instead of my skin color and racial assumptions.
    test
  15. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

DEAD@Using a "white voice". If im not getting hired for having a blk mans tone. That's not the job for me. Speaking proper english should surffice. This is why Jamal and Shaquita can't get a job. Even w/ a PH.D because they are exspected to sound like Becky and Trent.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  16. Bad Dude

Bad Dude Are you bad enough?

ppl using that "white voice" corny as hell

I just use my "black voice" and simply pronounce my words correctly and use proper grammar.

then you'll be labeled the smart black man with swagger and your white co workers wanna give u high fives in the elevator.
    test
  17. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Lmao wtf.
    test
  18. Geedorah

Geedorah King

"black voice"
    test