SERENITY trailer

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Riz, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

test
  2. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

bor-ing
    doesn't hold a candle to the trailer for save the green planet or night watch...not that these films are related, those are just the trailers that i happened to watch just now.
    test
  3. FukkedUPKidR

FukkedUPKidR Guest

i was watching the first episode of firefly the other day actually (link you sent me) and i was so glad to see nathan fillion.... i love familiar faces

this looks cool though! is that one guy..i don't know his name (liaison to the senior partners in angel)..in this film? i saw him in the patriot the other day..i had a good giggle.

anyways, i'm definitely going to see this.. this should be great just like everything else joss whedon creates .. (minus buffy the film..let's all just forget about that one, although..luke perry is a stud) ......whoa at my ramblings
    test
  4. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

lmao

i'd never heard of this until you made that post, but after looking at the trailer it looks like it'll be a great complement to 'kung fu hustle'

i'd like to own both of em on dvd
    test
  5. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

I agree it's not the greatest trailer EVER, but then it's up to the studio to make the trailer and therefore not always a reflection on what the film will be truly like. There's been plenty of films where the trailer has been great but the film has sucked and vice versa.

They've made this trailer to appeal to the action audience when I GUARANTEE you it will be so much deeper than that.

And what made it boring anyway?

Yeah, Jayne AKA Adam Baldwin. He's the one that says, "let's be the bad guys."

brahman, what did you think of the trailer?
    test
  6. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

it was boring to me because there a lot of action going on but nothing to tell me what exactly it was about other than "joss whedon's vision of the future"...for some people that's probably enough, but i don't know his work so i was looking for more than just a bunch of vfx run together with no semblance of explanation. so maybe it wasn't so much boring as it was confounding.
    test
  7. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Agreed that it didn't do a good job of showing much more than the action. Like I said, I guarantee it WILL be a lot more than that, though.

This movie is a spin-off from a TV show. The film is made so that new viewers will still know what's going on, but I suppose for me it's different cuz it's like seeing old friends again.

The main problem that this film faces is that it has 14 hours of complex story that's already been built, so explaining that in about 20 minutes to a new audience is gonna be really hard. In Joss I trust.

Here's a synopsis of the TV show:

After you've seen all 14 episodes of Firefly contained in this smartly packaged DVD set, you'll be begging for more. The sad irony is, series creator Joss Whedon's ambitious science-fiction Western was canceled after only eleven of these 14 produced episodes had aired on FOX, and its demise was woefully premature. Whedon's generic hybrid suffered an inaugural setback when network executives preferred an action-packed one-hour premiere ("The Train Job") over the intended two-hour pilot "Serenity" (oddly enough, the final episode aired), which provides a better introduction to the show's concept and splendid ensemble cast. Obsessive fans may debate the quirky, semi-fallible logic of combining spaceships with direct parallels to frontier America (it's 500 years in the future, and embattled humankind has expanded into the galaxy, where undeveloped "outer rim" planets struggle with the equivalent of Old West accommodations), but Whedon and his gifted co-writers and directors make it work, at least well enough to fashion a credible context from the incongruous culture-clashing of past, present, and future technologies, along with a polyglot language (the result of two dominant superpowers) that combines English with an abundance of Chinese slang.

What makes it work is Whedon's delightfully well-chosen cast and their nine subtly-developed characters (a typically Whedon-esque extended family), each providing a unique perspective on their adventures aboard Serenity, the junky but beloved "Firefly-class" starship they call home. As a veteran of the disadvantaged Independent faction's war against the all-powerful planetary Alliance (think of it as Underdogs vs. Overlords), Serenity captain Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion) leads his compact crew on a quest for survival. They're renegades with an amoral agenda, taking any job that pays well, but Firefly's complex tapestry of right and wrong (and peace vs. violence) is richer and deeper than it first appears. By the time we've gathered tantalizing clues about Blue Sun (an insidious mega-corporation with an as-yet mysterious agenda), its ties to the Alliance, and the traumatizing use of Serenity's resident stowaway as a guinea pig in the development of advanced warfare, it's painfully clear that Firefly was heading for exciting revelations that never came to pass. Fortunately, Whedon was developing a Firefly movie as this DVD set was being released in January 2004, so the ultimate fate of Serenity's crew remains to be seen. In the meantime, these 14 episodes (and enjoyable bonus features) offer action, drama, humor, hints of romance, suspense, fine acting, film-quality direction, dazzling special effects, and ample proof that Fox made a glaring mistake in canceling the series. --Jeff Shannon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...1/104-9312562-3662304?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846
    test
  8. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Up, up and away, watch him take off/ Give himself a little hell and quit the day job/
    test
  9. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

it was crap

can't believe my boy chwetel ejiofor would stoop so low to star in this garbage
    test
  10. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

[funny]

I've been meaning to up this thread. Thanks for doing it for me, man.
    test
  11. Kobegill

Kobegill New Member

From what I've heard its suppose to be a trilogy. I just got started watching watching the show a few weeks ago. It messed up that fox didn't show the episodes in the right order.
    test
  12. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

I hope this flops
    test
  13. JohnnyDangerous

JohnnyDangerous New Member

test
  14. JohnnyDangerous

For those of you who are interested as to whether I'm completely crazy or if this show really is as good as I say, it's being repeated on the Sci-Fi channel in America, starting this friday with the two-part pilot.

If you hate interesting characters, complex storylines, wit, drama and great camerawork in your storytelling, do not tune in because you'll only be disappointed.
    test
  15. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

yea, i saw this trailer a while ago.
    test
  16. JohnnyDangerous

The new one a couple of posts up as well? It's the better of the two, IMO. There'll be a new one for America released on friday too.
    test
  17. JohnnyDangerous

test
  18. JohnnyDangerous

Oops, that's a p p le of course. I can't edit on this account for some reason.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.