Semis: Dion Primo vs. Taiyamo Denku

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Arkon, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

Grand Royal Battle - GRB 2005 - WINTER BATTLE $1700 prize money

[​IMG]

SPONSOR: NDesigns Screen Printing

Total Prize Pool: $1700.00

1st Place: $650.00
    2nd Place: $350.00
    3rd Place: $250.00
    4th Place: $80.00
    5th Place: $80.00

------------------
    6th Place: $80.00
    7th Place: $80.00
    8th Place: $20.00
    9th Place: $20.00
    10th Place: $20.00
    11th Place: $20.00
    12th Place: $20.00
    13th Place: $20.00

GRB 2005 Rules - Semi Round

- Semi Round Audios are DUE Thurs Night January 26th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Thurs Night January 26th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Round 3 will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Must show to get $$$
    test
  2. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

test
  3. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

test
  4. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

test
  5. comPleXNY

comPleXNY Illest Alive

sup yo

first off great battle from both peeps i really really really enjoyed both of them alot.. both very excellent and enjoyable nah mean..

Dion Primo- nice beat choice i like how u kept switching the beat to keep the excitement moving.. and just keep the track amped the whole time.. u got a dope voice and alot of excellent punchlines... i feel at points of the song though ya voice got kinda monotone... llike u just stay 1 level like u really dont show to much emotion.. and i think thats key to a battle.. also i loved alot of ya punchlines but i felt some were kinda nurseryish and not really personal lines that can be aied directly at ya target.. but nonetheless it was a very very very good battle..

Taiyamo Denku- I like actually love the beat u picked very dope battle type vibe.... u have a very very strong presence and flow on this beat that caught me from the get go... i think your punchlines are very personal and hit the target directly!... i just really like what u brought to this.. u was mos definatley ripping... the only complaint i have is usually i noticed ya voice overs are off at points! so its a lil hard to here some things... but once i listed to both battles like 4 times.. i knew and heard everything clearly..

in conclusion! ( LMFAO SOUNDS LIKE MY OLD HIGH SCHOOL ESSAYS) but yea overall i think that Taiyamo denku has taken this battle... it was very close but i think he pulled threw and got this..

but yea good luck to both of yall and may the best man win

peace

GAWD COMPLEX
    test
  6. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

Dion - pure fire

Denku - good try, but he came too nice on this one.

vote - dion primo
    test
  7. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

Denku- Horrible intro.

Undressing the finals,dions out cuz he just dont fit?
    If there was an original style in the frog you probably kissed it?
    An apology to milton bradley, sounds like Zarbon Spitwell with less energy?
    Dion Plays Sim City built a venue over the hill?
    I kill this folk, stab em with a crip symbol,so god gave me presents you sucked off chris kringle?
    This is the confused crack baby who sucked on dads nipples, trynna get breast milk cuz his wife thought being white meant single?,
    Celin Dion by heart?,
    Ya style stinks of pussy fart with a little SUSHI ART?,

Sushi Art huh,

Poor baby, roaches push em around in carts?
    You'll find dion on 106 in a Parked Car?
    This is the first black guy with all his teeth, you'd smooch a burger patty before you want beef?,
    He wouldnt be a big hit with mark wahlberg t shirts, this is the black james kirk with an enterprise of work?

Flows decent, voice is annoying, 90% of the shit made no sense and i dare anyone to explain all the lines he said.

Dion primo: Dope flow, dope swag, a couple good lines, a couple i didnt feel cuz of the old concepts and shit, like the fan base one and shit. One line did make me die though, "This rounds getting uglier than Nimrods siblings" fucking made me laugh out loud. Shit was dope though. couple questionable lines.

Vote: Dion Primo in a landslide.
    test
  8. Punches

Punches a.k.a UH OH

Wow Primo has a dope swagger.....took this extremely easily....didnt have any earth-shattering lines...but a lot of laughables....

Vote - Dion
    test
  9. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

i'm not going to go into detail, but hol on let me peep and i'mll drop a honest vote,,,

denku, real dope flow and delivery, hmm some lines are going over my head. This was str8 you came pretty hard, good shit man.

dion = flow delivery hot as usual, ive peeped you all the way through the tourn, you do drop some oldskool played lines but you mix it up and your swagger makes your shit listenable for me. this was still hot..

vote dion
    test
  10. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

i'm on sum 80s shit
    test
  11. Taiyamo Denku

more votes peeps
    test
  12. Sun Zoo

Sun Zoo Speech is my Hammer

dion primo---good shit, first beat was dope....didnt feel the others as much...anyway you had some nice lines...i felt a bunch of them were kinda played though...not in that other people said them in earlier tournies, but i mean that stuff about his dad shoulda cum in his mom's mouth instead....that kinda thing has been said like 5489735439 times, you don't need to listen to any RM tourneys to know that. But that said, the verse was fire. nimrod siblings line was funny.

denku---not sure this was the best beat to pick for a battle...some dope lines in here...lmao @ 106 and a parked car lmfao that one got me for some reason...you said some shit i didn't really get, i dunno, overall it was dope

I'm gonna give it to Denku here for originality, and becuase I think this battle should be closer than it is. In all honesty, it's really too close for me to decide any other way, so that's what I'm gonna do.
    test
  13. Taiyamo Denku

more votes./..
    test
  14. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

so basically u said primo won, but decided to vote for denku? makes perfect sense, just like denku.
    test
  15. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

i like the greasy steez of dion primo and i love his flow... and his first beat he rode beautifully.

i think you started to get carried away with the beat changes.

but im liking your steeeez. menus. liked the chai town shy town line.

starbucks reading poetry

fanbase..

black sorority... leak out his own shit... college students fuck finals!! nice one.

move a crowd stagediving with bonecrusher...

actuallly the beat changing is showingb some versatility... black friday... nice flow here thhough i like your slower one..

denku... i think this verse of his will have me voting against you/.. i really really enjoyed it... time for yours.

flow is bananas.. another nice rap beat.

the idea of sticking on it was a cool alternative to primos method.

lyrics werent your best.

but idk...

off a comedy station... kitchen... lmfao poundin on a desk...

i think your getting a little too generic with the lines a bit in the track...

not unique, weak link, talked about lie the cave, haha...

Well Denku... I think this ais a first... But I'm sincerely going with Dion Primo... I think he had a real solid grimey punch-ridden verse with some real good personal hits-

Good battle obviously close... But Primo's edging it here in Noodles head.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.