Sellings beats to majors (please only if you have experience)

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by MAD SKREWS, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

just stop talking homey.....your posts prove u havent accomplished anything music wise....log out and quit pretending to be a producer with a discography.....
    test
  2. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

Is LilCCthug an alias?

Has to be
    test
  3. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"the ONLY time should u sell a beat as a composition is if ur a musician HIRED BY THE PRODUCER, or a GHOST producer selling your rights off to another producer....other situations such as a person recording an album and is controlling everything....somebody big like Rkelly....he might put u on co-production credit....depends on who u are....but that is NOT, i repeat NOT the typical situation, so samsneed....for the last time, stop talking....leave the thread and hit the showers...."

hahaha....so wait a second...you go from flat out saying that im wrong...then to agreeing with everything i said but then saying it doesn't happen often....hahah your a fucking clown...what you said is exactly the same situations i've been describing...what I’ve been saying the whole time, like selling to other producers, ghost producing, when you’re nobody making a beat for a major project where there are traditional producers on board, when you only make the beat but not producer the record…and another situation WHERE THERE IS A REAL DISTINCTION BETWEEN BEAT MAKING AND PRODUCING, WHICH TPICALLY IS THE CASE ON MAJOR PROJECTS. Dude who started the thread asked about selling to majors….and what ive been saying is completely relavent and important to know because most people don’t understand the difference between selling a beat and selling production services.

and "save face" my ass, you can take that shit somewhere else...this is about your gay ass pride....you started a stupid argument when there was no conflict with anything i said with anything anybody else said. and now you agree with me but only you dont think these situations happen often....yeah whatever, if thats what you honestly think, then you have no idea who major projects get put together.
    test
  4. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

ur an idiot if u think the only way to place a track on a hip hop album is to sell it to another producer......lol

at any effect........the shit u brought up was irrelevant......and now ur trying to save face.....i dont feel like pointing out the dumb things u said in this thread son.......all i would like for u to do and take the L and walk it off my nigga....get u a first aid kit and some ace bandages, patch it up and walk it off my nigga....you're done for the night.

in 48 hrs nobody will remember what u said, its not like anybody on here knos u anyway........
    test
  5. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

I've been on over a dozen major releases and never once willingly gave up a production credit. That doesn't make no sense.

Yes, it happens. There are shady producers out there who will do that sort of stuff, but it doesn't mean its standard procedures.
    test
  6. urban_tactics

^thank you

but u kno...these dudes are gonna continue to believe what they want bc they think u gotta "earn your stripes" to get production credit......
    test
  7. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"ur an idiot if u think the only way to place a track on a hip hop album is to sell it to another producer......lol"

i never said that....for the last time...THE PERSON WHO STARTED THE THREAD ASKED ABOUT SELLING BEATS TO THE MAJORS. EXPOSER GAVE GREAT INFO ABOUT HOW PUBLISHING WORKS UNDER A PRODUCTION CONTRACT. I GAVE ANOTHER SIDE TO IT...AND ITS AN IMPORTANT SIDE TO IT BECAUSE ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SELLING A BEAT AND SELLING PRODUCTION SERVICES, AND DONT UNDERSTAND THAT THE DIFFERENCE IS REAL IN HOW BUSINESS GETS CONDUCTED....ESPECIALLY ON MAJOR PROJECTS WHERE TRADITIONAL PRODUCERS ARE ON BOARD. ITS THE SITUATIONS WHERE YOU DONT SELL THE BEAT AS PART OF A PRODUCTION SERVICE....SITUATIONS WHERE YOU SELL JUST THE BEAT. why is this soooooo difficult to understand? i dont think i can be any clearer in what i type. stop with the nonsense, read what i type before you respond to it.

" its not like anybody on here knos u anyway"

hahahaha.....thats the gayest fuckin thing i've ever heard in my life....i cant imagine anybody would actually give a shit if people on a message board know who they are. ....im was just trying to help the thread starter out with additional info, and they you go menstruating all over the thread with your nonsense that has nothing to do with what im saying
    test
  8. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"the shit u brought up was irrelevant."

any how is irrelevant when the vast majority of aspiring producers are presented with situations that i describe at least once in their early career, and when most of the biggest named producers out right now have ghost producers or came up ghost producing or started selling beats as compositions for major projects....
    test
  9. urban_tactics

that right there is why i keep tellin u to shut the fuck up...........

selling production services does not equate to a production deal........so for the last fuckin time, shut the fuck up......
    test
  10. urban_tactics

im not fuckin with this thread anymore, these lil know it all niggaz finally done pissed me off......

good luck to yall careers, u 2 dumb fucks just reminded me why i stopped droppin gems and just started laughin at yalll.....i'ma go back to just laughin at u dumb ass niggaz.....EASYYYY
    test
  11. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

aww did we hurt your feelings? I'm sorry

grow the fuck up and learn how to fuckin communicate. You so stuck on thinkin everybodies out to get you and any differing opinion is a personal attack, that you can't even grasp the simple shit we're sayin. WTF kind of gay ass whiny tag is that on your beats anyways? "everybody thinks I'm a dick but they don't really know me, boo fuckin hoo" Wonder why that is.

Anyways, you didn't even know what a fucking production deal was before I broke it down. One last motherfuckin time, many artists have a producer over the project, and they will want your composition from which they will produce the song with. It ain't how you earn your stripes it's just a likely scenario when you work with big names, big names. Ask chase why he gave up credit to his tracks.
    test
  12. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

everybody reading this thread, refer to http://board.rapmusic.com/showpost.php?p=15215430&postcount=41

that post for the steps in getting a major placement....

ignore LilCCthug and samsneed's post, they dont have placements, and its quite ridiculous when ppl speak on shit they've never done....quite hilarious infact.....
    test
  13. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

chase's situation is the path he chose to take, its not a default path.....thats what your stupid ass doesnt understand, for the last time shut the fuck up

u motherfuckers didnt even kno what an A&R did until u came into this thread......instead of reading books, how about u get up off your ass and grind and find out how the business works on ya own homey......lol

i cant stand stupid motherfuckers.....lol
    test
  14. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

'selling production services does not equate to a production deal."

i have no idea what that means, and cant imagine that it has anything to do with what i've been saying...im convinced that you are retarded and cant understand what your read. and this too will be my last post about this subject...because i know now that this argument, which really shouldn't be an argument at all, is really about your pride....because im not saying anything that conflicts with anything that you said or anything anybody else said, and by your own admission, you agree with everything i said, but only dont think it happens that often (which you are wrong about)...and you realized that your retarded and cant read, but will refuse to admit it, so you make stuff up like "selling production services does not equate to a production deal" which has nothing to do with what i've been saying this whole time. talking to you is like talking to a retarded child...you made a fuse about absolutely nothing.
    test
  15. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

where did I say it was a default path? See dawg you make up shit to try to feel like you winnin something. Like I said learn to communicate, every thread ain't gotta be a war. You got issues.
    test
  16. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

[​IMG]
    test
  17. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

thread shoulda been locked at post 41
    test
  18. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

Only those 2 because me and Khao did a deal way before I was signed with Zone 4 Inc.

I didn't even know who Polow was when I sold them beats lol.

Crazy thing is niggas think I got jerked.

I did the shit because I needed bread and also because I know I do this shit..it's nothing to make another beat.

My producing / writing of songs is what got niggas on me within the industry.
    test
  19. MrKnitty

MrKnitty B. Dre

im sorry, I was laying in bed with my girl while drinking a bottle water when I was reading that post... I made a mistake and got some of that water on her bcuz dat shit had me dying, lol. yall bois wylin, lol

classic line of january 'U 2 Dumb Fucks', lol.
    test
  20. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

Nah dawg, i got a crush on legitimate information... something you've yet to provide.

Let's skip the usual net shit talkin... i'm waaaay too educated for u... u WON'T win
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.