Sellings beats to majors (please only if you have experience)

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by MAD SKREWS, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the exposer

the exposer The Music Luvas

Dont take it like that... its jus a lil frustrating when you trying to give knowledge to cats and then on a topic and then you see more bad advice....

Samsneed. i am definitley not trying to shit on your view.... i think wat urb was trying to say after me for better or worse... is that if you follow plan A i didnt see the B that you wont have to follow wat you saying at all... and thats why he being so in ya face about it... We trying to tell you thats not the way you should go about it..

"Wat your descirbing is wat happens to cats who fuck with other producers or indy and get sonned.."

Production deal for major dont go down like that. if you got a production deal with a major all that means is that you have to produce & (place) a certain amount of record lets say 10 on that labels albums to fullfill you production deal... you dont give away your rights to the beats.. you jus produce records for there artist.. Plus labels only gives these deals out to succesful producers and there no way they would give up there rights..

likle i said earlier there are people who give away there rights but there usually jus musicians.... not producers or beatmakers,,,

Ive never seen a credit read.. written by (S.COMBS, K.WEST. U.RECORDS) IT DOESNT GO DOWN LIKE.. IT'S MORE LIKE S.COMBS... FOR BADBOY PUBLSHING AND K.WEST FOR GOODMUSIC PUBLISHIN..

YOU DONT GIVE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS TO MAJORS I ODNT KNO WHY THATS SO HARD TO GET... ONLY PRODUCERS WHO WANT THOSE PUBLISHING CHECKS SCREW OTHER PRODUCERS OVER...
    test
  2. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

lmao.....

dawg just stop talking bc its obvious u never been in the situation and ur just talking out the side of your neck....

its comparable to us havin a convo about how to drive in heavy traffic

and then u come in the convo talkin about how to survive if u fall asleep on the wheel and crash in a river......
    test
  3. Krazyjay da Rapper

Krazyjay da Rapper I'm the best there is....

this is getting good. Definitely learning a lot.
    test
  4. J.Mack

J.Mack Highly Under-rated

Sam stop typing.....Now that your posts have been confirmed incorrect by several gem droppers, delete them all so when I come back to this thread I can just skip str8 to the good stuff.......Leave it alone....lol
    test
  5. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

^every thing i typed is true. its a real and common situation. for whatever reason urb doesn't want to believe that beats get sold as musical composition all the time in the industry, or he just didnt read what i typed, or he cant understand it because he is fucking retarded...cause im not saying anything that contradicts what he or exposer said. i think anybody who actually reads what i typed will understand the difference i am pointing out....and its a real difference. you have to be real naive to think that every producer makes every beat that they get credit for. there are soooo many people in the game placing beats the way i described.
    test
  6. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

homey dont try to come in here and try to save face....i've placed beats on major albums and SEVERAL tv shows...i got tracks on the radio and have performed live several times....u cant tell me SHIT, im personally telling YOU u dont kno wtf ur talking about

the ONLY time should u sell a beat as a composition is if ur a musician HIRED BY THE PRODUCER, or a GHOST producer selling your rights off to another producer....other situations such as a person recording an album and is controlling everything....somebody big like Rkelly....he might put u on co-production credit....depends on who u are....but that is NOT, i repeat NOT the typical situation, so samsneed....for the last time, stop talking....leave the thread and hit the showers....
    test
  7. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"i am definitley not trying to shit on your view.... i think wat urb was trying to say after me for better or worse... is that if you follow plan A i didnt see the B that you wont have to follow wat you saying at all... and thats why he being so in ya face about it... We trying to tell you thats not the way you should go about it.."

but thats not the point. Im not saying that this is the way to go or making an argument for it. you have a moral opposition to it and thats fine. Personally, credit is very important to me also. But the fact is making the beat does not = production, and it does not automatically get you production credit, especially on major projects when there usually is a traditional producer on board. and everything i said is true, and for many people its a perfectly reasonable way to get into the game. some of the biggest names in the game right now went this route. the original poster asked about selling beats to the majors. You gave some very good info. but its only half of it because alot of people dont get the opportunity to get right into production contracts. My point is that selling a beat does not automatically mean your getting production credit or any production entitlements like publishing, especially on major projects when your a nobody. If you understand the difference when the situation presents itself, your know better how to proceed. i dont understand what all the arguing is about...i dont think i could be any clearer.

"YOU DONT GIVE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS TO MAJORS I ODNT KNO WHY THATS SO HARD TO GET... ONLY PRODUCERS WHO WANT THOSE PUBLISHING CHECKS SCREW OTHER PRODUCERS OVER..."

Well there are two ways to look at the situation. One: sombody links up with established producer and signs a prodction deal with him and makes beats for him. Call it being taken advantage of or paying dues...either way its the same deal. Second situation is that a person made the beat but didnt producer the record. what im talking about describes both situations. and both are very common in the industry.
    test
  8. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

and now im done..keep arguing about nothing if you want.
    test
  9. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

great thread
    alot of valuable information
    test
  10. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

FSB got a little shine from a few indies for a few g's and think the whole game is run that way. You seriously don't know the whole game and sound like a naive stupid kid.

When an actual producer likes your beat for his artist and offer you 20 g's and he will be the producer, you gonna take the offer or stick to your fantasy land idealistic little principles where you call all the shots? Sure you get credit when you sell a beat to a rapper and he raps over it. But many artists have producers involved to get the SONG to the top level, you making a beat, not a song. The producer makes the song, coaches the performance, polishes the arrangement, helps with the hook,brings in other rappers singers, mixes vocals, etc. he basically brings out the selling points of the song.

Damn, this all is year one music industry knowledge and asses wanna argue based on some dealin with local indie labels. Read some books.
    test
  11. MrKnitty

MrKnitty B. Dre

I came in the thread lost and now i left with alot of knowledge about alot more, thank you guys.
    test
  12. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

my nigga u makin youself look worst than samsneed now....
    test
  13. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

the typa attitude u niggaz have is 95% of the reason yall aint accomplish a god damn thing........

i dont even kno why i wasted my time tryna help u niggaz, u niggaz swear u kno errything, but dont have SHIT to show for it

this lilccthug canadian ass nigga aint even got a link to his music and i GUARANTEE this nigga is TRASH.
    test
  14. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

Yep.

Thats why I come here to look and laugh.

Niggas mentality and inner hatred is whats keeping them progressing.

Shit is really terrible my nigga lol.
    test
  15. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

Dear Mods,

Can we one of y'all in here to edit out all of SamSneed and LilCCThug's posts so this thread can be totally beneficial? Thanks.

Sincerely,

The Non Fuck Boys of RM Producers Forum
    test
  16. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

test
  17. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

LMAO!

Wow...
    test
  18. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

now why would that be? we talking how the industry works. Got a man crush on FSB?
    test
  19. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

Now why would that be? because I don't run in your circles? I mostly do poppy stuff that sells, not that underground mixtape, live paycheck to paycheck music. Depends on the listener but the masses would have me better than you. I guarantee it.

And you gonna find out the hard way how the industry works, because you're too thick to take in anything. But then again you may never see the industry the way I describe it, being a producer of album cuts and filler.
    test
  20. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

now that is strange, you're the one cat in here who could tell how it is, like I'm saying. You did how many tracks and had to give up the credit? R kelly and pacman, right? maybe some polow ones coming, too? I ain't knockin you, I'm askin.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.