Sell More Beats

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by A.D. aka Alpine Demencia, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

yo ...

that is like...

a car salesman tryna tell you how to become a race car driver...

you should know better
    test
  2. A.D. aka Alpine Demencia

A.D. aka Alpine Demencia AlpyneProductions.com

i'm pretty much done posting in this thread, as i have said what i needed to say

but that actually made me chuckle... come on playboy.. seriously.. up your iq before making comments that you want to make you look smarter

lol... seriously
    test
  3. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

fair enough
    test
  4. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

im not the one selling beats @ 4 $ each tho (200/50) :()

you need guidance...
    test
  5. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

thats what i've been saying from the get go... us producers are who choose this market price, an alliance with a a standard or something like that without having all of these free downloads everywhere or $1.00 beats everyone would benefit and prosper.. the hard part would be getting majority down with it. but like all things once majority is with it the rest would come tumbling

do you think there will be a time where it is completely dead?
    test
  6. A.D. aka Alpine Demencia

hitman, i don't disaggree with you at all my dude... but the fact is, the net beat game has become saturated.. everybody and they 8 year old lil sister has a bootleg copy of fruityloops and is a producer now... so if the face of this, those of us that actually produce as more than a hobby have to find a way to prosper despite the current situation... there is no alliance possible large enough to raise it back to level it was when you could make a grand a week in your sleep off of mp3.com or soundclick.com... facts are, you now have to grind harder, manipulate the system to work for you, use every resource available... of course i would rather be looking at my email inbox full of artists wanting exclusives and even bidding them up... but thats not gonna happen right now with the status of the current market... so rather than say fuck it i'm not budging, and subsequently making little or no money at all, i am forging a way to capitalize on what I have and what tools and resources I have at my disposal...

i've got no ill will towards anything you guys are saying.. i even agree with some of it, but facts are facts, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit stagnate and watch other people make MY money, while I do nothing...

"players adapt and survive in a hostile environment" - Bill Bellamy in How To Be A Player

Alpyne
    test
  7. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

i agree. but its really a matter of software piracy and how easy it is to get these programs these days. The fact that for most people it costs nothing to make a beat other then time, lets them set prices arbitrarily. In any industry, price is always dertermined in part by the cost of production. But here, the price is purely about profit, where your net sales and net income are =. So there is no floor to the price and the profit margin is 100%. In a market like this, with no production costs, competition will continue to drive prices even further down, and you will see even more ridiculous deals out there. there is nothing any body can do about this.

I think what your seeing with people like Mr Allen and the likes, are attempts to exploit this new developing industry of online beat makers/sellers. I think he and roc, were clever enough to realize the nature of the industry and come up with different ways of making money aside from the tradition model of the mp3 and soundclick sites. the idea of getting people to buy into his urbanmillionair club and start "thier own business" is one of the new models. The road to riches/help you make money is a proven business model. This guy was just clever enough to apply it to the growing industry of online beat sellers. But to me, it seems like he does it in a pimp/hoe fashion, where he is the pimp and all you guys that pay him money to be part of this club and run your own "business" are the hoes. no offense to any people who fall into the hoe category of this relationship.
    test
  8. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

i dont think that any such alliance could ever be formed becuase of the sheer numbers of people getting into the online beat selling industry. The fact that it practically costs nothing to get in makes it even more difficult because the risk reward principle is almost entirely thrown out the window. what incentive do people have to join? We are talking about a 1 to 1 profit ratio for the vast majority of people selling beats. Self regulation and price control holds no weight when there is no threat of any real loss of cash or capital in any situation; even if you dont sell any music at all. Plus you would have to deal with issues of arbitration and enforcement, which i cant imagine how one would. People just have to deal with it. This is free market capitalism at work!
    test
  9. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

amidst it all a great idea was suggested.. an elite producers alliance.. its about time we have some organization with this online beat selling shit before an outsider with the organizational skills comes in here and does it for us, and reaps all the rewards of uniting a steadily growing economy of online beat selling..
    test
  10. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

Too Late

www.PMPworldwide.com

www.DynamicProducer.com
    test
  11. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

niggaz is on this Allen Brown scam shit hard

lettin that fat ass nigga get in ya head....

he cant even shop his own producers with his fake ass management company......

but for some reason this nigga some sort of master marketer now?

niggaz in here sellin beats for 4 dollas, thinkin they finna get rich.......

not happenin....

all u doin is helpin that fat ass nigga get richer

thats why he banned me from his site

bc i was hurtin his pockets, i was tellin niggaz the TRUTH and he got scared and banned me

yea....when i see allen, i'm punchin him in his face
    test
  12. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

those are different. there more like auxiliary industries to the larger emerging industry of online beat sellers. I think the idea put forth is more along the lines of a beat seller's collective agreement or union of some sort.

like i said, the real problem and cause for all these dirt cheap prices and ridiculous deals is the fact that for most people we are talking about a 1 to 1 profit ratio. i dont think theres anything that anybody could ever do about it. i cant imagine any sort of relevant union of sort would ever take shape or have any sort of significant impact.
    test
  13. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Oh yall go way back....Huh?....Boss..Yall know each other...lol..This shyt is so crazy...

Why cant yall just respect the man hustle.....Dam!!!...B.K.
    test
  14. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

it CAN with the right smart enough niggas with money and organizational skills

if they did it in america before the 50's im sure they can use some uber IBM vs Google technology to get things sorted and start some propaganda to condition the people into it
    test
  15. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

well i guess anything is possible, but think about it. we are talking about a market that doesnt fit the tradition models because for most people cost is $0 or close enough to $0 to make a beat, put it on a site like sound click or myspace, and advertise and market it.

We are not talking about a commodity or utility market where cost is determined by efficiency of the manufacturing process and the cost of raw materials (plus marketing and advertising). Competition and increased efficiency will always drive the prices down in any market. but the price floor will always be some number above the total cost to producer the product, otherwise it no longer becomes profitable to sell. Market usually tend to reach an equilibrium where prices among competitors flatten out.

But when your talking about a 1 to 1 profit ratio, there is no price floor. competition will keep driving prices down.

pluse how can you ever create an incentive for people to self regulate and set arbitrary price floors? how do you even determine price? who determines prices? how do you enforce prices? it dont think its possible.

and to be honest, it a silly idea. people need to just deal with it and adapt.
    test
  16. MgTheFuture

i like revolutions
    test
  17. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

what are you a fucking communist?
    test
  18. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

fruity loops fucked the game up!
    test
  19. MgTheFuture

reason did no better of a job

it looks like a studio so all these nub niggas did the extra 3hr download for it

now talking about they got a studio and make hot beats

stock sounds dont make good producers either

FREE TOBY
    test
  20. A.D. aka Alpine Demencia

pretty much the purpose of this thread... why spend time complaining about something we can't fix.. adapt and do what you gotta do to prosper within the environment you are in...

tupac died trying to "inspire the mind that will change the world"

get money... wether its through Allen Brown's program or not... do what you gotta do to get what you are working for...

"if N****s hate then let em hate and watch the money pile up" 50 Cent

Alpyne
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.