seems to me og dogg is a little ..hesitant to test the kid..lol

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by phaytal, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gimme-A-Name

Gimme-A-Name Im black.. ur not....and?

damn i stopped reading the posts a LONG time ago decided ta just go to the end.. its still goin on but from what i read yea OG ur dumb as hell lol. no hate but really now.. what does you having a degree have to do with anything.. lets put this in terms we can all understand shall we...

ok lets say you and phaytal master a track

THEE top engineer in the world rates them both a 8.5....

the fact that you have a degree will not earn you a extra 1 pt... period

the only thing that degree is gonna do for you is make it easier for you to get a job...

now.. talent, skill, and knowledge is what will make you good at the job.. not the degree..

i understand that you went throught alt of classes and all dat fa 4 years and have been studying this since i was 10.....

but i just read up on compression about 20 minutes ago.. and now i know more about it then i did before... i know what the hell attack and release and thresholds are and gain and what they are used for... and thats in just 20 minutes.......

people can learn shit on there own.. and some people are fast learners... not ta brag or nothin but i myself am a fast learner.. i tought myself everything i know about music right now from reading and listening. and learnin what sound im looking for and usin my ears.. i didnt need no classes.. and ive only been doin this music thang here for less then a year..

ok now... lets say...i start ta get known really well on the streets and at that same time... you start college... ok now keep in mind ive been doin this for a WHILE before i was gettin well known.. and you've been doin this for a WHILE before you went to college.. infact longer then me... ok now....in 4 years.. you have a degree.. in four years for me... im not just well known locally.. word has spread.. from them folks ta they folks over the world.. some people got connections.. and label picks me up... and i start masterin tracks for bigger people... and blah blah blah so over the cours of four years.. i made it big.. like neptunes big...

where are you? standing outside on ur college campus with a box of ramen noodles and a degree...

its like if i can rap.. and u go to a college that teaches you all about rythm and rhyme scheme and alliteration and multi's and line count and syllable count and all that junk... (dont ask y i said alliteration it just sounded good).. but just cuz you know about all that and what all that is.. doesnt mean you know how to use it better then someone else.. hell i know what the number 16 looks like but i dont know 16 times 351.. you may have went to college for math.. but a child genius may already know the answer..

see what i mean.. the fact that you went to college will only help you in the business world because society depends so heavily upon paper.. upon written word or proof. not talent or ability..

also just because ur old and have studied longer doesnt mean you have more experiance... if im 12 and paralyze my legs... so im in a wheel chair.. and i look at my legs all the time.. i always see them.. when im strollin around.. when i get in the bed ta go ta sleep and i know how to walk ive been doin it fa 12 years....ok so when im 30.. i cant walk still but i still know alot about it.. i know about running and jog even dancin... but then there is a 13 -14 year old who's legs are in perfect shape... he has more experience...

in this case.. maybe you have more experience.. but dont think just because u've "studied" longer and ur older means u have more experience. you can do al the studyin in the world and know every damn thing about engineering... but that dont mean you can use what you know to make a good product..

if yo ass go def are you still better then him? matter of fact are you better then me? cuz i mean... you have a degree.. dont degrees mean you have good ear for music? i mean cuz to be a engineer (which the degree is for) you have to have a ear for music.. so im guessin that degree makes u have great ears for tone and quality??? so .. if i rip it up.. and throw it away... ur not good no more?? really?? damn.....

phaytal if you wanna win the battle you should steal his degree ... itll make u better

edit: oh yea and if i spelled some words wrong or left some out.. im not gonna go read over this shit like a english assignment.. i know yall got sense enough ta know what i meant.. thanx, peace yall
    test
  2. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

ctrl
    you had quite a few flaws in there
    i would never compare 4 years of college to 4 years worth of maybe making it big
    college, if youve got the money, you go to
    making it big, no matter how many mixtapes you get out, is not often

lol
    if im crippled when im 12, 14 year olds have more experience about using your legs
    how does that apply to mastering? both claim to master, one claims to have more experience seing as how hes been doing it longer, which means your proving him correct, whoever does it longer, knows more, who ever has working legs longer, knows more...lol

and you definitely contradicted a lot of AZEs statements
    AZE and Phaytal said the degree wont make you better but it will get you a job, and that can be true, its better to be left at that

ive stayed quiet on this and now ill say everything i think

college fuckin helps
    you are given 4 more years to sit there and do w/e it is you wanna do for your life
    if you say during the 4 years in college you dont learn something, youd be shitting me
    but to say a degree makes you the better of 2 people would be a lie as well
    there is always SOMEONE SOMEWHERE to one up you
    Ghetalion even said OG can master, i admit it, but he killed the beat in that competition
    age doesnt mean shit anymore
    im 15 and i consider myself pretty knowledgeable about equipment and audio
    its all how serious and dedicated you are
    AZE is a very dedicated guy
    as iis OG because he was dedicated enough to push it hard n go to college n make it thru college, as much as yall say the degree doesnt matter
    it guarantees him a job over anyone else here who doesnt have one, as stupid as it may sound, as absurd as it may seem, its the truth and by going to college he became the top in his profession
    OG, if you dont mind, how old are you?
    neither of you really seem to claim to know-it-all but you both do at the same time
    heh
    i dont know what to say really
    OG did have the knowledge and experience from college
    AZE has experience from the school of hard knocks
    both can gain the same amount of experience
    your sheet of paper means nothing, but guarantees you placement
    your degree says "i finished college and i know my shit"
    AZE can know jus as much and not have his paper
    and thats pretty much it
    your paper is proof you know your shit
    but that doesnt mean people without it are inferior and know nothing
    test
  3. Gimme-A-Name

Gimme-A-Name Im black.. ur not....and?

im sayin.. 4 years of college or not.. if you got talent.. you got talent.. them 4 years of college and that degree dont matter. If i can make it big in those same for years witout college. get me?

i wasnt referring to that. he keeps talkin about how he's older and we are just lettin kids and all that well age as nothin at all to do with it. Im just sayin.. dont think just because u are older then someone automatically give you the crown of knowledge and experience.

i DID say that the only thing the degree is good for is in the business world cuz it'll help you get a job easier because society depends on that paper. I agreed with that. I DONT agree with him thinking just because he has that piece of paper.. makes him good. and i DEFINATLY DONT agree with just because he has that paper makes it impossible for a person such as phaytal to be better (which he stated in one of the first few posts)

my main thing is... degree or no degree... what makes you a "engineer" does not lie on some sheet of paper, and what declares if you are good or not does not lie within some sheet of paper either. All that paper says.. is that you went threw that 4 years of college. Which in the business world (unfortunatly) is what most big businesses are goin to be looking for. But just cuz you may get a better job because of that degree does not make you better qualified for it. Get me?
    test
  4. BTruth

BTruth Guest

I'll just say I read half of this. I have an album coming out, and I for one (and im sure some others) would never give my product or money to OGdogg based on his ego and personality. I suggest you just stop participating in these arguments. Especially that one in hip hop central asking who has worked with big name artists.

Its a shame too. Because you did a nice job with the mastering showdown. But arguing with people over shitlike this is not good for business, even if it is a side job.
    test
  5. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Whats with this og shit.
    He's talkin all this shit about he's an engineer, and he's goin to college, blah te blah, that doesn't mean your skills dont suck dick.
    You either got skills or you don't, simple as that, if you suck at this, taking any course you want, is only gonna make you suck less.

From what I've heard of yours, it doesnt sound like your little courses are helpin ya out buddy, better look for a refund.
    test
  6. Aze'

Aze' that's the dummy alarm

Well - I think this was resolved, because I havn't seen OG post in here. And one of my messages to OG was to stop with the ego, because it's not going to help him sell at all (as BTruth proved), and he hasn't earned it... but enough of that.

BPINC was very right in what he said. OG, with his degree, is alot less likely to get over-looked for the engineering job than me (for now).... that is the biggest (and a very good) perk to having the degree............ but lets not forget who runs a business [which by the way is pretty sucessful so far]... hehe :D
    test
  7. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

aze...you talk about how you are smart...but you didn't even get your HS degree? that's pretty fucking stupid.
    test
  8. Aze'

^ I don't recall talking about me being 'smart'.

I guess it was pretty stupid. To think, I could've still been spending my days having those wonderful long talks with my teachers about how I already knew that I was lazy, and 'throwing away my future' by sleeping, skipping, talking threw my classes. Ahh, yes... the stupidity of me... Guess I'll have to settle for 95Studios, working with the label, and A&R'ing [Tryfe is ILL, and will make me money, hehe].... ohh man, I could've gotten a peice of paper that said "He came to highschool for 4 years, and drew inside the lines" and, ohh shit, maybe that woulda made me as good an engineer as OG... no, wait, I'd have to say something about audio engineer, wouldn't it? ahh well - thats nothing a black crayon can't fix, right? Either way - I guess I passed up that oppertunity.
    I actually did sit down and settle for a peice of paper - I went for the G.E.D test, took it, scored a 99% on all but math (stupid 98%'s)... they mailed me a "High School Diploma", I was confused, but didn't ask questions. Infact, they had spelled my name wrong (Richard, they spelled it RichBrd)... I never changed it, because I didn't care - but my sister sent in the forms for me (didn't know about it) and I got the correct one.... So yes, I did get my 'HS degree' (aka diploma).

And I don't see how that is stupid. would you like a list of all the EXTREMLY sucessful people who didn't get their highschool diplomas, or even get into highschool? It's an amazingly big list. Schooling ISN'T the answer for everyone... I, personally, don't need someone to stand over me and tell me to do an essay on this, or read this book - in order to learn what I feel is needed to learn.... and especially not to make it in life.

mic1, you are good peoples - I think you are just:
    - kidding
    - too influanced by commercial train of thought
    - confused.
    test
  9. Magazine

Magazine New Member

just get a GED thats what i did but when you try to get a job they dont even ask for proof of degree or anything i always say i have a bachelors degree and im making 18$ a hour and im brown..

fuck im off topic sorry

editing...

fuck now i saw you did get ged owell freepost

wish i had a god damn studio fuck
    test
  10. phaytal

phaytal ---I-Got-Next---

u know this would simply end over a lil battle

aze can even supply the track since at the studio he seems to have a very ncie set up
    test
  11. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

this is a novel
    test
  12. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

i will be printing and selling this mid january.
    test
  13. Magazine

Magazine New Member

how much? signatures included?
    test
  14. phaytal

phaytal ---I-Got-Next---

i will be autographing copies the date of sale while og is still bragging about his 4 years in colledge
    test
  15. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

ooooh snap ^^^^
    test
  16. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

AZE seems to be the master about mastering engineers, yet... cannot do it himself.

How can we trust your ear, or that compulsive mouth of yours, if you cannot do it?
    test
  17. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

i smell a huge mastering battle arising.

GO VOLTRON!
    test
  18. Aze'

Yo Ghet-Ghet, where did I say that I could, or couldn't Master? And where did I say I was a master on mastering? I never mentioned ANYTHING of the sort.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.... would the RM gods (jeff) grant me the dignaty of being in an argument with someone who is right about ANYTHING?! even just one thing?

Nice try... but your effort gets you no smilie stickers here buddy -- you'll have to go to your schools for that :)
    test
  19. Jude War

Jude War Residence Evil

i'll mix and master your tracks for $25 dollars a track if your interested folks

peace
    test
  20. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.