seems to me og dogg is a little ..hesitant to test the kid..lol

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by phaytal, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phaytal

phaytal ---I-Got-Next---

i imed og dogg and asking for a session to mix and master so i can get about 30 songs on my soundclick for mixing and mastering....and he came at me with some bullshit acting like he knows everything...acting like him going to colledge lets him get a better sound out of mixing and mastering then me.....i know he can mix but i can do jsut as good or even better...but since he continues to talk shit about the kid then i told him to step up and he backed down like a little pussy....

most of the •••••s on this board hood

is that the typa person you wanna give bizness 2? a little pussy afriad of a 15 year old?......the dude cant rap or produce so why are u guys paying him?

talking about def jam and shit ...if he was fucking wit •••••s he wouldnt be on rm trying to steal ghets customers now would he?

so og dogg if u man enough bring it and we can both decide on some1 to supply the files......so build up ur confidence real big ....real real big......then bring it bitch
    test
  2. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

Like I told you before... You admitted to me you have NO EQUIPMENT and have NEVER ATTENDED ANY KIND OF ENGINEERING SCHOOL. To top it off you're 15 and said you've only been doing music for 5 months now... I've attended college and taken courses on engineering and composing so I understand how to use the EQUIPMENT I own... If you want your songs mastered on a shareware version of Cool Edit then Phaytal is the way to go... If you want a trained studio engineer to master them on thousands of dollars worth of equipment, peep the website or hit me up ogdogg@cox.net

As for you wanting to do ANOTHER mastering battle... I'm down, you just have to pay me the $15 I charge to master a track... I'll get nothing from beating a 15 year old with no experience and nothing but some software so you'll have to pay for the chance to go head to head with a real engineer...

Now if you'd do me a favor and quit messaging me everyday with stupid questions about what compression means and what reverb is I'd appreciate it... Go to school and learn a trade, then act like you're the shit... Your stupid comments and lack of knowledge about engineering is only exposed with every word you type... Maybe Ghet will take your challenge, but I don't think he'll want to do another mastering dual with a 15 year old using software either... You just have nothing to offer... Sorry kid... Maybe when you finish high school and go to 4 years of college to earn an engineering degree I'll take you up on that... Hit me up in 2012 when you've got my background and we'll talk...
    test
  3. phaytal

phaytal ---I-Got-Next---

dog u dont get that my uncle is a professional engineer and he tought me to do all this shit?.....and i dont know where u get me askign u questions....and shit cuz i never have...i dont need to....quit trying to make urself look better...and actually i use most of my uncles equipment...so i am definatally doin shit professionally.. dont ever say im not........and if ud quit bein a bitch about your four years in school....u dont need school to do this shit man...it would help..but its all about your ear and how everything sounds and blends together to create a final product..and seeing how i had some1 teach me.. how to use all of my equipment it just throws your thesis down the drain doesnt it.... every customer i have been with ... is more then happy with the final result...and the only reason u even won the mastering battle is because u lowered the beat so the guitars wouldnt fuck wit the vocals....which ruined the beat more then it already was.....so stop gassin ya self up like a self serve pump...im sick of u actin like u know everything when u suck at flowin and ur mixing and mastering aint even that nice for "4 years of colledge"

and seeing how im 15 and can do everythig u can is really sad..knowing u waisted 4 years of ur life learning how to do something and a 15 year old would school you in that same feild...so shut ur fucking mouth...and battle me stop bein such a pussy

and ghet would ahve beat u in that battle if you didn tlower the beat so dont flatter yourself to much...cuz u really are to full of yourself....uve got nothing but horrible artist...horrible beats...and a really horrible design on your site...designer should really be shot
    test
  4. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

That's the response I'd expect from a 15 year old... But we both know you only got mad cuz I told you to stop asking me stupid questions on AIM... You admitted to me you only use software, and you were asking me questions that any engineering class would require you know the answers as a prerequisite... Front all you want... You don't know how to engineer a track correctly and you don't use your uncle's equipment or you wouldn't be asking me all these millions of questions about Cool Edit Pro ON THE DAILY... Once again, you are 15 and just cuz you downloaded a shareware version of Cool Edit, you aren't an engineer... Anyone who contacts you and asks questions about your process will see that...
    test
  5. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

lmao... this is some funny shit.

what kind of equipment do you use phaytal?
    brands and model numbers please.
    test
  6. Crumch

Crumch New Member

dont wanan jump in but phaytal did justivce on a track i had him mix.. did mess witht the other two cat sso they could have done bette rdunno but figured I jump in and let yal know he did a good job on 1 track i had

back to the battle:::
    test
  7. rez0nate

rez0nate New Member

if he does in fact use software, he is going to go to sweetwater.com or musiciansfriend, or something like that and just pull some model #'s off of their website and say he uses that hardware...

Theres only one way to determine who is "Better" at mastering/mixing/ect...

and that is a battle.

But in my own opinion, why does it matter who masters tracks "better" than one another??? As long as the final product sounds good ill let micheal jackson master my shit for me...lol

But anyways, ill let you two continue arguing now
    test
  8. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

word@that...

fight!
    test
  9. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

god, please have the arguments over AIM
    i am expecting another battle will not go on here because og and ghet have already taken part in one
    phaytal, get some tracks and master em and post em, then well peep
    if its good its good
    if others do better
    well do with them
    its all about the ear you say
    then let the ear decide
    not some net beef
    test
  10. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

mmmmmm... Net Beef (in homer simpson voice)
    test
  11. Aze'

Aze' that's the dummy alarm

bleh... this is getting gay... i see everyone wants to act like a bigshot now, huh?

working with 'thousands of dollars worth of equiptment' doesn't prove anything. Being older than 15 doesn't prove anything. getting threw college for audio engineering doesn't prove anything. It's ALL about the final product. I give a fuck if a 3 year old used a 'babys first tape player' to mix/master shit -- as long as it came out sounding nice, thats all that matters.
    I know 15 year olds who KNOW how to work studios better than alot of grown people who have worked studios for 15 years alone. I myself am only 17, run my own studio (nope, not the at-home kind silly) which is making me a nice chunk of money right now - and I have MANY a happy/return customer, and praise from Vets of the Audio Engineering game.
    I know Fullsail/Sae graduates who work with big-names, make AMAZING mixes, and they say college was the biggest waist of their life. I know people who can (not that they do, but can) create master-peices on [even cheap] Software alone.
    It's not about HOW it gets done, or how 'qualified' the engineer is. It's about how it SOUNDS.

In OG's defence - He has happy, return customers. He has PROVEN that he knows what he is doing, and can work a mix. I have yet to see anything from Phaytal.

I REALLY would love to see people get rid of the huge ego's tho'. No one here (that I have seen) has really earned the rights to one.
    test
  12. Ted Kazinsky

Ted Kazinsky Ennis Cosby of Rap

AZE

whats ya aim or somethin

i wanna know how much you want for a website
    test
  13. Aze'

.. " SiQazFuQ "

.... *waits for u to AIM*
    test
  14. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

this is like some b real shit up in here
    test
  15. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

You're so wrong Aze... Earning a college degree in engineering does mean something... It means I'm an engineer... You saying that going to school for 4 years learning about engineering music doesn't mean anything? How ignorant can you be... Trust me, I know alot more than probably anyone on this board about engineering... I've been studying it everyday since Phaytal was 10 years old... Don't tell me a college degree doesn't mean anything, in today's world, it means everything... You're either in high school or just an ignorant dropout to make a statement like that...
    test
  16. Aze'

Guess I'm just an ignorant drop-out, like so many others who have done SO much great in this industry. The Degree you got, was just a peice of paper that, bassically, says "he came to school, and passed his tests". It's something that can give you a big advantage in your career, and looks good for all the businesses and people who like to oogle over things like that. But frankly, those 4 years, that school, those tests, that peice of paper... it doesn't mean shit... That + $50 cents will get you a nice little ride on a city bus.
    You mean to tell me that you don't know, or havn't heard of, at least one person who has gone threw years of 'study' and still sucks at what they do? I can, just as anyone in this profession, point you out to many a person who has done exactly what you have and still can't make a good track.
    Why can't you just let your product speak for itself?
    I learned how to mix with my own two ears, and alot of time, trial and error - and a little bit of help from people who are amazing at this craft. Some of which have been doing this since YOU were 10.

As for you, I'm glad you stuck threw the classes for four years, aged for more than 15 years, and are doing 'good' now.
    Me? I'm 17, dropped out of highschool last year - I own my own studio now, and I'm actually making some good money, with alot of happy clients, doing what I love - and am good at.... Still want to prove to me how important a college digree should be to me?
    test
  17. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

^^^i'm sorry dawg but your little story isn't proof that a college degree is worthless...a lot of people are out there making money without a degree...but a FUCKLOAD more people are makin bank WITH a degree. maybe you makin paper now, maybe you'll hit a rough patch in a couple years and you'll have nothing to fall back on. who knows. the fact is...if he got the training, it DOES mean a lot.
    test
  18. Aze'

^^ Survay says... "WRONG!"... I didn't say that his degree would not help him out in the business/financial world - infact I said that it would. "It's something that can give you a big advantage in your career"
    His going for 4 years, or having a degree, doesn't mean he is good at his craft...

Please read more cautiously.

... point - Aze
    Score:
    Aze - 3,281,279
    Everything else - 1

^^ I should never have bet my cuzin that DeLa was going to win the fight against Mosley.
    test
  19. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

AZE, I was sitting in million dollar studio's learning what every little knob and switch does when you were 12 years old... Think about that... You are being ignorant and childish... I own my own home, with my own in home mastering studio... You live with your mom and have nothing but Cool Edit Pro and a stage mic... Front all you want but I've seen so many others like you talk a big game and never get anywhere... Good luck getting hired to work at a real studio as an engineer telling them you have your ears to teach you... At 17 you still have TONS to learn about the music business and engineering especially... It isn't just about tuning an eq... Someday you'll look back and realize how dumb your saying a college degree is worthless... With my degree I can walk into almost any studio in my area and get a job making between $18-75 per hour... That makes running your own business alot less stressful... I know if I fall off and stop getting production/engineering jobs for my company I can always go back to working in studio's like I did for the last year to get the money to buy my new home and in home studio... Without a degree... Well, I'd be you... Ignorant and living with mom...
    test
  20. Aze'

Now who is being ignorant? Again, I said that your degee would help you with getting business, would you like me to qoute it again? "It's something that can give you a big advantage in your career". Where did I say "Your degree won't help you get a job" ?
    I said the Degree doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

I have Cool Edit, and a stage mic? Pro-Tools and: Nuemann u87, TLM-103, BLUE blueberry, dragonflys, baby bottles, at4040's, and some sm58's, 57's, and sennheiser e835s.
    I don't run a 'home studio' guy - I run a real one. Leased the building and all. You're engineering job gets you $18-75? I get $35/hour just to record people and play with the mix for a minute...
    Because I'm 17 I still have lots to learn? Damn, you're filled with ignorance arn't you? EVERYONE still has EVERYTHING to learn about this business... even the people who dominate it... you not only need to learn more about the business, but also about sense - the common type.

Running my business isn't at all stressful, I have shit-loads of happy clients - and I get to do what I love ALL DAY LONG... and I make money... :)

AGAIN... chalk up a point for me ;)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.