SE: 3. Baron Mynd vs. 14. Millz

Discussion in 'RSTL Grudge Matches and Tournaments' started by Baron Mynd, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

as stated in the rules, the link of which is posted in every match:

-your vote must include 2 lines of analysis on each verse at the least for every verse that isn't a no show verse. quotes will not count as lines of analysis towards your vote, but you can include them if you wish to do so to make your point.

so as this stands J Nyce, it isn't a legitimate vote. Calm down man, this isn't gonna help you in this tournament. you're gonna create a bias of you regardless of if you win or not. I'm gonna allow you to cast a real vote because that won't count as one.
    test
  2. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Baron - Not rhyming absolutely killed you in this battle which is already known. If this was league solely based off story telling then you most likely would have been a much better contender. I liked where it took me, but once again telling a story in this league is only half the battle kid.

Millz - I liked this for some odd reason (because I usually don't like repetitive pieces) but this was simplistic and fulfilling. I liked the ending of course, witty yet slightly expected. Keep it up, look forward to reading more.

vote - millz
    test
  3. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

daaamn.. baron's getting a bad rap.... this is so funny... in the past... poetically writing was so overlooked and downplayed when i complained so much about it.. now when he and i spit these poetic type flows... now its becoming such an issue... damn... i gotta say baron.. ur getting screwjobbed... i enjoyed spending time thinking over ur verse and interpreting... its so ironic that i wasnt this way at all but now its just showing appreciation to every aspect of ur verse... which i did.... but... i do have to say... millz totally aroused us with inteerst, wit, comedy and great utilization of words.... in all honesty millz did something out of the ordinary to put ur pull into check... and i think most felt this way... i appreciate baron for doing his own thing and goin for his own.. much respect... my vote likens to millz... a great strategy and smart move in attracting reads to look otherwise... ... real real good..
    test
  4. Urizen

Urizen I hate humans

vote - baron

Baron - I liked the whole I draw to speak my emotions approach
    I liked the whole finding the blackness as the final touch thing
    but other than that it left me kinda wanting more
    it wasnt as detailed as your other pieces leave me be
    but I was loving the new thing you was trying cant to many people do that
    and still make it flow but you pulled it off nicely

Millz - this was a nice thing man I liked how you made sure white was in
    all the lines and you rhymed on and off was nicely pulled of 2
    but after seeing that many whites it kinda became irriating but still a nice piece
    I liked how you made such a easy concept into your own

this was dope it was black versus white
    but I just feel like barons piece read away a litle better and
    eventhough it wasnt his best piece it still came of better than millz
    by a slight margin but this was a nice battle tho
    test
  5. _millz_

_millz_ New Member

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?p=14388482&posted=1#post14388482

theres my fourth link....good luck to you baron in the future buddy
    test
  6. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

This was a cool battle I enjoyed both pieces.

Baron - This was really deep piece, I like where you were going with it, it was just hard to get into with a rhyme flow to it. I kind of agree with what Tali said above about how you would have won this if it was written in rhyme form, yet it just felt like it was missing just that.

Millz - This reminded me of that dude on PR that was in that tourney and won, cant remember his name right now, but he did a piece on black, and htis was very similar. I was Brock Ali in that tourney and we went at it in the end as well. Good verse man I liked it.

Vote - Millz
    test
  7. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

vote millz....

im sorry but I like a rhyme scheme hands down......not taking away from baron b/c he is an excellent writer one of my fav's but i just couldn't get into your piece, i read it but i just could get into it, on the other hand millz had a hot verse, never read him before unless it's an alias and i dont know but, i like the verse better hands down
    test
  8. _millz_

_millz_ New Member

yea it was benn grimm......and the topic was black beauty which i ironically posted...i forgot all about that till just now..lol

and no vern i am not a alias...lol
    test
  9. ConstantFlows

ConstantFlows New Member

Not what I was expecting...I give props to millz for not being a bastard and posting a rhyming verse which would've made the vote easier (for me at least) however I have a major problem with millz' verse I'll get into later

Baron -- this was pretty nice, tho I think you're wack as fuck for going al PR on me...nice utilization of language and strong imagery, I felt a nice connection to the character, not overwhelming strong. Writers voice hit the mood well enough, overall it was decent but even as a poem it lacked that powerful punch I expect from it

Millz -- I think you tried to hard to make it white....I felt racist reading that verse to be honest... I mean what are white blues? Sky blue? Cyan maybe? It felt forced, some aspects were provided to keep up with ur motif instead of evolving your story. The funny thing is baron did a poem focusing on black and u did one focusing on white, so in essence its really easy to judge the 2.. I think your biggest problem was your utilization of language, for a poem it should pack a powerful punch, you tried to gimmick yourself through it (how I see it). MY MAJOR PROBLEM with this though, the one I formentioned in the begginning of my vote is that I swear I've read this before, recycled or bitten I swear I have seen this before

I am not calling u a biter, but if I had a computer instead of using my fone I know I would fin this piece somewhere, 98%

Other than that everything I said above

So vote - baron, for better development/language utilization but seriously, next person to write a poem gets dq'd
    test
  10. _millz_

_millz_ New Member

first off...the whole purpose of the piece was to set a narrow minded racist view...everything in the mans life was white...there was no diversity...white collared job..in a white neighbor hood...etc....and he couldnt cope with teh change...if you dont understand the concept of white blues then thats really something i cant help...this whole piece was supposed to show racial issues....and i promise you that i did not bite this or recycle this from anybody....it got wrote in about 20 minutes before i went to work on saturday....thank you for voting tho
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.