Scribble Jam 2003 Finals audio, Fest vs Yo Mommas Pimp

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Okwerdz, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

^^^
    eh, everybody has a filler, right?
    test
  2. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

yeah but that was eyedea's filler and now everyone uses it, make up your own filler.
    test
  3. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

^^^
    Yea, that is a good point.
    I don't know, I try my hardest to never use fillers in battles. I use to just pause, but now I'm tryin to just spit some average rhymes after punchlines (if that makes any sense).
    test
  4. icebergg

icebergg New Member

fillers

I heard "on the microphone" back in like 86 with Jab Rocks of the "we funk crew" out of NY. What Eyedea was like wut, 5 years old? Learn your battle history. My first fuckin battle was in 1985. I done heard it all, and battling is something we used to do if we didn't get picked up on a game and shit. Don't get me wrong. White boys put it back on the map, but damn how many mama jokes are you gonna think of. It's all recycled. Thats what hip-hop is. That's the one thing that never changes. When is the shakers coming back into beats? When is the Triplets coming back? When is the 4/5 verses that Dela spit coming back?

So give the kid a break, it's a fuckin filler. The kid who won it sounded like he was pullin out writtens at one point.

One of the illest battlers that I heard was a kid who said "yeah, yeah...yeah....punchline" then he kilt you.

I ain't gonna lie to you I like Black Pegasus and I'm a fan of their music, cause I live in the Denver area, so maybe I'm biased.

Ice Bergg
    test
  5. Full Clip

Full Clip New Member

Yall are rediculious

There both dope MC's and it was a good final battle so cut the crap. Jesus, How many times did you listen to the battle to figure out his filler. You battle computer freak.

test
  6. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

man, you missed my point iceburg. It doesn't matter if some dude said it in 85, eyedea popularized that battle cadence "yo, I grab the microphone and..." as well as that phrase, and I've put on 6 battles this past year, in at least 2, maybe 3 of the battles, kids used the "I'm the reason you sister is half ____(ehtnicity here)" and I don't think it's just coincidental that one of the most famous battles in recent history (in the final round, or semifinals) that line was used, broadcast on HBO, reaching millions. just a point to consider. I rarely battle/freestyle, but when I do, I find myself using that played out battle cadence and that line, which is lame.
    test
  7. Rusty

Rusty New Member

All emcees have crutches. A lotta cats say "...and I don't give a fuck." or "My name is...and..." If u listen to damn near any battle emcee, they all do it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.