School Shooting at VA Tech Today..

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by ThisMiss, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Nah, I'm poor and I wouldn't have thought to beat the fuck outta him. I probably would have been parylized. For real, rich or not. Doesn't change your reaction.
    test
  2. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

You typed that out after you realised you read it wrong. The fuck do you think I am? A fucking 5 year old? Fuck off you twat.

I don't give a flying fuck where you'd rather live, you missed the point of the remark, which means you've learnt nothing from your time abroad.

Why are you bringing up irrelivant sterotypes? Is that it? Is that all you fucking have? A lack of comprehension and short attention span?

Ow the fucking irony again. Every second post I make on this board is greeted with some ignorant shit about Britians or Europeans or ''where ever the fuck England is''

I rarely pop off at America at all. Even when I'm pushed too. You're all so fucking threatened by Jonny Forienger, EVERYTHING I say is taken out of context and as a threat.

I only called you on your passport because you're fucking idiot.

First and last post. You're a waste of time son. Stay in light hearted banter. You're a fucking nit wit.
    test
  3. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

It's a horrible thing, but I gotta be honest. Those guys are cowards. They weren't even concerned with protecting the females. They just hid under their desks.

What the fuck?

The media will never point that out, but men have changed.
    Our grandfathers would have died as a man rather than live as a coward.
    Our grandfathers would have ALL rushed him to protect the women.
    What the fuck is wrong with men today?
    test
  4. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

You are not a man.

No man huddles under a table and leaves women to fend for themselves.
    That's a coward. A man who does that, isn't a man at all.
    test
  5. Look im Gangsta

Right, so basically you went to google, pasted a section of the first result you got and now you're acting like you've facts?

You actually failed to highlight the only submissable 'fact' in the paragraph which is:

''while the murder rate in the United States has been going down as more and more states have allowed private citizens to carry concealed weapons -- and have begun locking up more criminals. ''

And that is little consolation when your country out guns, out kills war torn countries in Africa.

As for bugulary and a rise in gun crime, LOLZ. So now Britain is comparable to again, a country which competes with war torn countries?

You fucking idiot. Learn to research, adopt a sense of logic, common sense and above all, learn to fucking read, because that's what got you in the wrong place to start with.

Britains follow American affiars NON STOP, we analyse your country NON STOP. As do most foriegn countries. You paste a paragraph, take it out of context and now you're saying something? Now you're acquainted? LOLZ.

Once again, you've a long fucking way to go before you even get me remotely even wanting to waste my time replying to you again.

Ow son, I do own a passport, I have more stamps on it than yours and one of them's a US stamp.
    test
  6. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Other countries can have these gun laws because their societies are completely fucking different. They're already accustomed to not having guns around. You couldn't go into America TODAY and be like alright everyone, guns are now illegal. The end result would be completely fucked up. THATS WHAT PEOPLE ARE TYRING TO TELL YOU. Societies are not the same across the board, every country runs differently. The gun issue is one of America's problems, it's not unique to this country but it's a problem non the less. No one is saying guns are god's gift and we should all be walking around with one at all times. We're simply stating that with the way the country is NOW if you all of a sudden made them illegal people would get fucked over.

Taking away guns won't stop a robber from robbing and won't stop a killer from killing. Like Anida said, before taking away guns you should take away all the media driven violence that's thrown into childrens' faces on a daily basis. These are the things that give people the idea to kill. No one reads the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution and thinks...oh wow I can carry a gun, might as well go kill someone.

Just because people can get a gun doesn't mean they'll want one to kill. For every one person that goes on a killing rampage there are millions upon millions that have guns simply for protection and/or recreation. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And a shitload more people die a year from cigarette related cancers, alcohol related incidents, and driving accidents. Should we make all those illegal as well??
    test
  7. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Society is vastly different now than it was when our grandparents or even our parents were young. People used to have a more community based mentality but now people only care about their own necks. Same thing happens when you have a group a friends talking all this ride or die for each other shit and then when something serious pops up they all scramble and run. It's survival instincts.
    test
  8. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Wow I read a lot of interesting points.

Honestly, You gotta go with Azeus on this on quite a few points.

I live in Arizona, guns are everywhere.. shops everywhere. lots of people have/own guns, legally. lots of mexicans probaly have illegal guns. there's gangs in phoenix, shootings, etc. But we still have a REAL LOW comparative gun crime rate than all other states. why? people have control.

I'm more/less anti-gun. I dont feel the need to own one, but it would be so easy to get one from family. At least 2-3 relatives own guns in their homes, normal ass people, like the piece of mind safety. My aunt even used to keep one under her seat in her explorer.

my only argument here, is that having a loaded gun pointed at you is some fucked up shit when you are un-armed. It's not easy to react to that shit. IMO, unless yo'uve been in serious crime, military, or what not its hard to deal with that situation. SO maybe these students were seriously in shock by what was happening. Have you honestly ever charged someone with a loaded weapon pointing it at you? You must seriously think you are a super-hero or some shit.

Everyone has a valid point on this, and when it comes down to it, it's really the individual opinion on the subject. you dont NEED guns. I dont fear for someone to break into my home, so I dont feel the need to own a gun on that reasoning. I've shot lots of gun and can understand the perspective though.

Tons of things can contribute to this like Azeus said, movies, crime, etc. etc. and realstically you SHOULD be able to protect yourself from the government. But the fact that soceity feels the need for this added protection is rediculous. Ive been in some shitty areas, but dont live daily in a environment where I feel threatened to that extent, so I probably will not own a gun on that reasoning. But somthing like this really makes you think, students running around with guns to protect themselves at COLLEGE. c'mon. this is a tragedy, but not reason to to treat the US like the Wild Wild West. we aren't cowboys. we're supposed to be civilized. This kid was a fuck up and decided to fuck other peoples lives up.

I dont honestly look farther into an analysis than that.
    test
  9. Look im Gangsta

I'm not trying to say 'hey guys, Germany is a country full of peaceful docile pussies! If they can do it...''. I'm not about to preach about different societies and act like there's a blanket effect over them all. My point is when people are talking about intruders and this incredible argument for 'self defence', like it's an American problem...

...it's a retarded excuse. America is more than capable of taking a third of gun crime away, in a heart beat. It's not impossible at all. It's hard, but it's not impossible. America just doesn't want to.

This is kind of like the debate about quitting smoking. People make up a gang of excuses, but anyone who wants to, can. America doesn't want to. Which is fine, but don't place the blame at the wrong doorstep. The problem with gun crime in America isn't complex. It's simple. Citizens should have no legal rights to guns. Chaos would obviously ensue that, and illegal arms trades would flourish, but the sole reason Crack, Weed and Booze aren't ozzing from every orifice of every American is because they are controlled. When I was in Queens, I had a retarded conversation with some one about crack being more dangerous to be found on you than a gun (providing you aint shot no one with it).

That's alot to do with American sensitivity when it comes to guns. Violence in America is more of a taboo than shooting some one. In Britain, school yard fights are probably more common, more brutal and more accepted than 'gang beat downs'. Britain has always been a violent country. But if a gun is pulled out then no one knows what to do.

That's because we haven't been desensitised to finality of death that a gun offers yet. We stab, mame and rape, but murder is a whole 'nother thing. Banning guns would offer Americans more sensitivity (over a long period) which would benefit America far more from letting legalised weponary continue. They only way to combat people legally carrying guns and then using them guns to shoot their neighbour, is to arm the police to the teeth, and I'm sure I know how you feel about the police and guns.

You can bring the media into this and to an extent I agree whole heartedly. However, the media isn't 100% responsible for our upbringings. Parents are neglecting their role now more than ever to make their kids sensitive to these things. I mean, America isn't as mature and experienced. I'm not being patrionising, but it's been through major wars every step of the way. It hasn't socially learnt to coexsist with war yet. I don't know, I wont pretend like I know the effects of the media and war on society, but there are undoubtedly some clear points to pick out.

I disagree with the comparison to tobacco and alcohol for two big reasons.

1. The government is doing more to outlaw both than it is to outlaw guns. The most recent amendment the government made to the law, is that only one gun can be purchased per month. Yet smoking has been banned in whole cities. Alcohol has been banned completely in the past and now alcohol is being targeted again.

2. It's not the same death. Drinking yourself to death or smoking isn't the same as taking another persons life. Even drink drivers dont compare, because RTA's happen every second of every day, drink or no drink and again, the governments of the western and eastern worlds are investing billions into safer, cleaner transport.

It's like, at the same university a few months ago, a student (or a teacher?) was carrying a concealed weapon on a campus that banned guns, yet he did have a 'God given' right to carry that weapon that superseded the authority of the university.

You have to concede, that especially in todays climate, both in America and Britain, that, that is fucked up, to have a right to carry a gun on educational or work property, of all places.

Sorry about being a prick in my last post. It's a reflex.
    test
  10. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

hahahaha i smack you in the face with knowledge, they you just chalk it up to google searched information taken out of context. what the fuck kind of childish shit is that? haha what are you saying my information isn't good enough for you to believe it or some shit? hahaha your a fuckin clown. no, the facts in the paragraph was disputing your bullshit comment of americas torn down by guns but your country is actually the one with more burglary and things of that nature.. when u were saying people shouldnt be able to have guns to protect their home. and u have 2xs less the people! how the fuck can u ignore that?

did you just mention africa? WHAT? bitch bush has passed the millienium challenge account that donates 5 billion a year to africa in hopes of helping the aids epidemic. and thats not to mention what hes trying to do with getting political freedom and other shit.. (no, im not backing bush. i know hes a shitty president but he is doing SOME good so dont try and pull that card).

L M F A O. so your rebuttal to my prooving you to be a dumbass, is that their google searched facts and taken out of context? and that you study america? huh? hahaha. then somehow you brought africa into the equation, and i continued to make you look like a fool.

the entire way this started is because i was high, read az quoting you and couldnt note the s a r c a s m at the time because i just took it for what it was. you need to stop telling me how to read clown, and u need to start learning how to back up your ridiculous fact less comments. maybe the dumb cunts on this board will take what u say at face value, and find inteligence in it.

me on the other hand.. im just effortlessly showing how full of shit u are
    test
  11. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

are u fuckin really that dumb or are you just trying to piss me off? isnt that how the whole arguement started. comparing brittain to u.s.?

u are on wigger walter levels of retardation
    test
  12. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

See I can agree with a lot of what is said here.

I wasn't even trying to get the idea across that i'm pro-gun, cause i'm really not. I just feel that people are quick to point the blame at something without realizing there's more to the situation than what they're looking at. Making stricter gun control or making guns illegal to me isn't the end all be all solution to today's gun violence due to the way society already is. We need to attack whatever drives the intent of these killers. Whether it be the parents, media, or whatever. Cause at the end of the day a gun is simply a tool. It's a person's murderous intent that gets others killed.

Whenever people raise the issue of making guns illegal I always think of when I was really young living in the Bronx. When we lived there shit was very fucked up so my dad bought a gun to protect the family. Luckily he never had to use it but it was good to know we had at least some protection against all the shit happening around us. I just feel that there are a lot of people who live in scenarios like this that would get severely dicked over if we don't attack the gun problem carefully.
    test
  13. Make the guns illegal, yes i'm calling for a radical upheaval but it will sink in, largely due to the fact that if you get caught with a firearm you will probably goto prison.

the result, reduced gun crime and over time people will not carry a gun out of self defence because they will feel the threat is significantly reduced, a long with paranoia.

If I ran for president I would def get in, and promptly quash the archaic liberal and republican dichotomy.

malo would be secretary of defence, i'd call him up on the phone and be like "whats up machiavelli?"
    test
  14. double ML

double ML Guest

^^for once, i have to say that rectum-face made a good post.
    test
  15. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

I hate how when one of these kind've deals happen it automatically becomes a gun control issue. Some people are just fucking crazy and unfortunately tougher laws don't do shit to cure crazy.
    test
  16. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

That man should get props after this, but he won't.
    The only man who fought back (and tried to save others) was a 71 year old Holocaust surviver. He laid down his life to save others.

This man should get a statue at that campus.
    test
  17. Gotti23

Gotti23 Come 2 the darkness

Who cares about this shit U americans are so fuckin stupid cuz U think killing everyone is the solution to everything americans deserve this kind of shit. Until you guys get some brains I ain't feeling sorry 4 nobody.
    test
  18. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Shut the fuck up.

I can't even be hard on this kid, he's obviously too ignorant to realize what the fuck he just said.
    test
  19. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

I am ashamed of my fellow englishmen in this thread. They are suggesting that a fall in gun crime would follow tougher gun laws as if it was as obvious as the night following the day, this despite the exact opposite occuring in our own country.

Considering the sheer number of guns already in the US i'd expect illegalisation of gun ownership to see a surge of guns released onto the black market and actually increasing access to guns by those who intend to use them for criminal purposes.
    test
  20. Look im Gangsta

I agree whole heartedly with Az.

I know it's easy to say this not having experienced it, that people should have rushed him, but when he was so slow and vulnerable, it's hard to permit people having done nothing. Like some one said earlier, if you don't fight for your life, you don't deserve it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.