SCENARIO: You're a rapper signed to a major label, and u just got your advance...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by (( Ozone )), Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

2 Dilla tracks
    1 Hi Tek
    3 Battlecat
    2 Dj Quik
    1 Denaun Porter(single)
    1 Raphael Saadiq
    1 Dre(single)
    1 Warren G
    test
  2. Holl@chaBoi

Holl@chaBoi New Member

No excuses because I have more aliases on soundclick than you have aliases on RM.com. Cats who cop from me are passing through soundclick, directed to soundclick through street talk through me or word of mouth. As far as who?, I've been on the road from FL to IL and some in between.
    Your guaranteed to show more shit on the NET?, right simply because you ain't bagging no sells, not my fault. As of surfacing, yea someone should be real glad that you gave them a freebie through AIM; of coarse they'll throw your name in the credits, but I've yet to hear/read about anything worth mentioning.

gargamel looking troll; lol very funny. You might just suceed from those cornbread jokes we all sop our smiles up with. But I can vouch I get more frequent ass than you. SMH!! Don't be upset because you look like a street fighter character with the pushed back hairline; blame your parents for your stressful life, don't get mad at me.

You'll get there,
    Silence
    test
  3. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

From what I've heard Diddy tends to pay small time producers and take credit for a beat himself. If you tell someone how to sing, you're a vocal instructor man. When it comes to music, Diddy is WHACK, as a business man, he's a genius. But yo, I don't like him, you do its all good you know.

I just think Diddy is a lil shady the way he does things. If you think about it, every artist after Biggie and Mase, he used them to catapult himself as the best artist on Bad Boy Records, when you know like I know he doesn't write his own lyrics and he can't write lyrics if his life depended on it.

About artists singing a certain way, some of them usually get it on their own, and if they don't its usually the producer of the beat who puts the most input because they have a preset way of how they'd like the final product to sound.

Pz
    test
  4. ThaReAL nALedge

ThaReAL nALedge New Member

I see there's a whole lot of nut ryding in here, which is all good cuz my boys nutz need to be ridin anyways! "FM Tha Truth Homie"

1. Alchemist
    2. The Beatnuts
    3. Jelly Roll
    4. Rick Rock (First Single)
    5. Tha Doctor DRE Collab wit Scott Storch (Second Single)
    6. Havoc
    7. Mike Dean
    8. Dj Paul & Juicy J
    9. knowledge (third single) Id be stupid not too
    10. Kanye (Fourth Single) Just too see whut he would come up with
    11. Wattz (unknown producer)

Throw a Intro and a couple skits in there and this 11 would be enough!
    test
  5. WillieK

WillieK New Member

track 1 - Jimmy 'JT' Thomas
    track 2 - E 40
    track 3 - Hi Tek
    track 4 - Cooley C
    track 5 - Just Blaze
    track 6 - Kanye West
    track 7 - Red Spyda (lol same as Ozone)
    track 8 - Soletrenity
    track 9 - Dr. Dre
    track 10 - Jazze Pha
    track 11 - Dj Quik
    track 12 - Chops (from the Mountain brothers)
    test
  6. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

1st Track Cool And Dre (1st single)
    2-3-4 track- Dre and Scott Storch collabo
    5 Track - Havoc
    6-Track BattleCat
    7-Track Lil Jon
    8- Ant Banks and Rick Roc collabo
    9- Swiss Beats
    10- Hi Tek
    11- Focus
    12- Rza
    test
  7. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

You should call Dre wack too....he does the same thing....you think he came up with those beats...no...... The job of a producer is to producer.... a lot of people we call producers are just beatmakers....most people on here are beatmakers not producers....I am a beatmaker.... And diddy being shady.... He is business man... He can not help that he has ignorant artist...dont sign the contract... Everyone blams puff for his ignorant artist.... You see how Da Band signed those contracts without contacting a lawyer....then they were mad when the manager told them they are not going to make that much money. Whos fault is that? Ol'Girl was telling them let my lawyer look over it first...(the Wise one).. But they were so pressed to sign a deal thinking they are going to become rich that they made a bad decision.

And the reason why he compults hisself because right now he is to float the labell....if it was not for him...badboy would have died with biggie/mase leaving... He has to keep in front of the camera to keep his business striving.... Why do you think dame dash has Ultimate hustler....Its not because he just like teach people how to make money.... Its because he is trying to keep himself in front of the media/eyes while he is going through a transition period with all his business. Since him and jay-z slipt he been Cribs, Montel Williams, and always visting Rap city....

Everyone knows puffy dont make the beat....but he produces the song.... 2 separate thing... A production credit is not only a credit for the beat is a credit for the Song and it is not his fault that small producers sells the beat to him.....get a good lawyer or dont do the deal... Kanye sold beats to D-dot.... he said he had to do what he had to do... D-dot got the production credit... Even when M.JBlige came out with her last cd they included a dvd of the production process.... Diddy was not sitting there while someelse do the work.... Real/Top Producers like Dre and the Neptunes dont just give the artist the beat and say rap or the singer and say sing... They tell them...I want it like this...Try it like this, whatever works. Thats why everyone says Dr. Dre is hard on his artist in the studio....It has nothing to do with the beat....it has to do with him producing the song.
    test
  8. Lyrical AK

Lyrical AK New Member

Besides the obvious ones I'd have Denaun Porter/Kon Artis cos he's been puttin it down lately, and I doubt he's TOO expensive.

Gotta have big names on the singles, then just whoever's got the best beats on the rest of the album.
    test
  9. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

id do like dipset. rape all these up and comers by "giving them the honor, of putting a beat on my project". and don tpay them shit. and keep all my advance money and buy a 1million dollar chain that says StreetHeaters
    test
  10. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

1) Heatmakerz
    2) Agallah
    3) The Beatnuts
    4) Premo
    5) Dr. Period
    6) Erick Sermon
    7) Just Blaze
    8) Havoc
    9) Fredro Starr
    10) Trackmasters
    11) Rockwilder
    12) Alchemist
    *BONUS*
    13) Prince Paul
    14) RZA

shit would be so eastcoast
    test
  11. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

In all honesty, that aint a bad idea, especially when you gettin like 5-7 bucks a cd.
    test
  12. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

that would be a banging album, but you prolly wouldn't have to many sales.
    test
  13. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

No lie, Ii'd have to get one or two from Just Blaze and the Neptunes. Outside of those songs, if I was me, i'd come to this site. Theres talent here to where i'm only really going to the Neptunes and Just Blaze cuz I admire their work... not because I think their beat is really gonna be that much hotter than everyone else's.

I can pay $1000 on this site for a beat and that cat will be thankful as fuck and will prolly give me a crazy discount on the next one. He'll give me a heat rock, but if I goto some famous producer they might ask for $25K+ upfront and then they won't even show me their A level material since i'm not an already established act. Fuck that. I'd rather grab something from AudioCrack, Phoenix, Money Greene, Urban (though he's an asshole and the conversation would probally end before I actually got to hear the beats), SolE, etc... theres alot of em.
    test
  14. MC_Say

MC_Say http:// MC Say

3 beats from Soleternity
    3 FM Productions
    2 Timbaland
    1 Dre
    1 Neptunes
    2 Kanye

I make beats... my album is most of it produced by me... but well, u said i couldn't name myself...
    test
  15. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Dr. Dre may help or assist other producers to reach the final project but he doesn't buy a beat off of someone and sell it off as his own. Dre has come up with many beats and you denying that....is ....haha...utterly hilarious.
    There's a difference between a record label that is independent and fucks over their artists vs. Diddy, who has owns an established label and is capable of not only making himself more money but his artists money. Go learn business ethics. Sure, you have to exploit evrey situation you're given, and make the most out of your opportunities, but for Diddy to take advantage of a bunch of kids when he's already a millionaire and a made man, is purely pathetic. I am not familiar with how badly Da Band was fucked. They're whack just like the rest of Bad Boy.

So from what I understand from you, you're telling me that Dre, doesn't make beats, but he tells artists how to sing. So he told Pac how to rap and many other great rappers too. I don't know how long you've been doing whatever you're doing. But when I sell a beat to an artist or label, and they own the exclusive rights, they are free to do whatever they want with the beat. BUT, usually when they record the track, I am there to help out because they asked me for my input. I don't tell them how I want the song to sound. Shit....if I want the song to sound a certain way, I'll get in the booth and do it. If they are rapping a hook, or a singer is singing a tune, they'll ask me what I think, and ask me for ideas. You may have a lot of producers who have worked under Dre, and asked him what he thinks. He may tweak a certain sound, and the producer workin on it, likes it and insists on puttin Dre's name on it, because it would net him more cash or listens. So when you look at the credits, you see Dre's name and you forget the other dude.

I do tha same thing, if my boy adds three piano notes, I'll put his name right on there. Although he doesn't get paid for it, I do it as recognition and respect for helpin out or adding to the mix.

Whatever....I'm tired of arguin with Diddy Dick •••••• Inc.

Pz
    test
  16. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I never said dre did not make beats...... he obvious does....However many was St.Storch or the other guys orginal idea...and Dr. Dre received production credits because he PRODUCED the SONG.

And they screwed over themselves.... It was in writing right in front of them what they are going to get.... They need to learn basic business principles...do not sign nothing that you have not read....

And Dre... For example... Either on snoops 1st album or the chronic ... Snoop said dre told him how to say a hook, and at first he did not want to do it....but after it came out it became a hit.... That is what I saying when I say..telling someone how to rap.... 50 said Dre hear things that he does not.... Of course 50 comes up with it but Dre may say.... say it like this...Keep the same tone of voice, Say it a little bit softer/harder....etc...Thats a real producer...not a beatmaker that sells exclusive rights to artist.

And for that last long paragraph...That is why we come to Rapmusic.com producer section and dr dre and the neptunes dont... For the most part Your a beatmaker.... I have did the samething with exclusive rights....

Credits for Productions is for the "SONG(Beat and singing/rapping" not the "BEAT" only
    test
  17. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Example: Monica - Knock Knock

Kanye West - made the beat
    Missy - got coproduction credits

Did she make the beat? No
    However She recieved production credits because she "produced the song"

Missy was the Producer of the song

As puff is the Producer of many songs out of badboy...
    He does not have to make the beat to be a producer...
    If so...Rock Bands would not have Producers on each song.

My orginal argument is that Puff was a good Producer and That what he does is Produce...

And I have read that he comes in and tells them to add this and take this out in beats.
    test
  18. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

Mines the best , I'm the only one who named Cool & Dre, and Focus , and Battle Cat

y'all trippppppiiiinnnggggg
    test
  19. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

@j-a-bbar fag

plz shut the fuck up. the more you tlak the more ignorant you sound. producers produced the trakc you idiot. so yes they tell them how to do the song and all that shit. they dont just "give the artist the beat" and say do wat the hell you want. niga wtf is you thinking?
    test
  20. Non$en$e

Non$en$e The Truth

exactly, why lose all ya money picking beats from •••••s you know is gonna charge you a arm and a leg. I'd sweep the underground for some undiscovered talent, spend less money and ultimately come out with more money in the end.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.