"Scariest short story ever written"

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by whypeoplesuck, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

I had a dream that my shower was haunted, that was way scarier than this.
    test
  2. Stock II

Stock II New Member

ive been laughing for the past 5 minutes :funny:
    test
  3. MorgzyV8

MorgzyV8 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Lmao....reznick's ver >>
    test
  4. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

This was ehh....I could see it being scary if I tried this out in a log cabin out in the woods, but doing it in an apartment in the city dosen't really add much of a scare factor to it...Speaking of log cabins, does anyone remember the name of the scary story about the man who lived alone in a cabin, and he starts to hear noises, and as the night progresses the noise moves closer and closer from outside through his house, and into his bedroom
    test
  5. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

This blew.
    test
  6. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Even that YouTube video advertising this stupid book blows.

"Oh man, don't read it, you'll be like, wayyy too scared!"

Reminds me of those fucking Oatmeal Crisp commercials, nah'mean?
    test
  7. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

test
  8. Omnibus

Omnibus New Member

i cant fuckin go to 4chanarchive. too NSFW smfh
    test
  9. Diglett

Diglett New Member

do it at home TBH
    test
  10. Diglett

Diglett New Member

test
  11. Gwame

Every time you exhale, a little bit of your soul escapes. Luckily, you almost always inhale it back before anyone else gets to it. Almost.

Ever fogged up a mirror with your breath?

Don't do that.

---------------------------------

The next time you're alone in your room, turn down the lights. Think of something on your body that varies in length, such as hair. It must be clearly viewable from your perspective. Grab a ruler and, looking in the mirror, quickly grab a hair at random; you must confuse it. Hold it in position as best you can and note the length. Look down. Yours will be different.

Don't look back up.

Don't turn your back to that mirror ever again.

---------------------------------------

If you stand alone at the corner of Church St. and Market St. in Charleston, South Carolina at 3 AM, you see a man coming down Church St. wearing a black hat and black cape with stringy white hair and weathered skin. He'll stop at one of the two corners directly across from where you are standing and start to walk the corner directly opposite from where he is standing. When he reaches about halfway (dead center of the intersection) and nobody else has arrived, he'll stop, turn, and look directly at you.

If you do not blink for roughly 20-30 seconds he'll tip his hat to you and walk along his way, disappearing into the dark shadows of the trees that line the streets. Nobody knows what happens if you follow him.

If you do blink before he tips his hat, the very first thing you will see is the man standing directly in front of you. He'll grin maliciously at you and draw a blade hidden in the shaft of the cane and slash you across your throat, but you will not feel a thing. You will, however, pass out and remain in a comatose state until the sun rises over the horizon.

For the next six nights, you will have a recurring dream of the man walking down the street, appearing suddenly before you, and slashing your throat. On the seventh night, the events will replay the same up until he stops in the middle of the intersection. At this point, he'll say, "It's been fun playing with you, boy, but now it's time for you to go. Don't ever let me see you again." He'll then tip his hat and walk away before you wake up.

Nobody knows what happens if you visit the corner a second time.

---------------------------------------------

Thre was a couple from Texas who was planning a weekend trip across the Mexican border for a shopping spree. At the last minute, their baby-sitter canceled, so they had to bring along their two year old son with them. They had been across the border for an hour when the baby got free and ran around the corner. The mother tried to find him, but he disappeared. The mother found a police officer who told her to go to the gate and wait. Not really understanding the instructions, she did as she was told. About 45 minutes later, a man approached the border, carrying the boy. The mother ran to him, grateful that he had been found. When the man realized it was the boy's mother, he dropped him and ran. The police were waiting for him. The boy was dead, and in less than the 45 minutes he was missing, he was cut open, all of his organs removed, and was stuffed with cocaine. The man was going to carry him across the border as if he were asleep.

test
  12. Dunk

Dunk FROG JUMP LEAP

The pictures on the ED page for Creepypasta freaked me out more than any of the stories did tbh.
    test
  13. whypeoplesuck

whypeoplesuck Member

I have the creepypasta main website bookmarked and go to it all the time
    also go to this other site called ichorfalls that has some spooky stories as well.

Scary Paranormal Stories
    Ichor Falls - A Quiet Community

I'll post some memorable pasta that I've actually thought were good at the time I first read them
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE INTRUDER
    The Intruder is a silhouette and similar in shape to a Siamese cat. When sitting, it is about 7.5 feet tall. It has two overly large, slanted eyes, which glow a bright fluorescent green, and have no pupils. It blinks these eyes occasionally. Other than the eyes, it has no other discernible facial or body features.

Whenever you enter your home after dark, The Intruder is always watching. It sits about 10 feet away from you in plain view. It remains immobile and does not even try to conceal its presence. While outside, it can only be seen by one person at a time. If it were to be within the sight range of two people then the first person who sees The Intruder would remain being able to see it while it would remain completely invisible to others.

It emits no noises of its own. The only time it can be heard is when it is stretching its claws on a tree or your house siding. If you approach it then it will run away very quickly and violently, kicking up dirt and rocks. The sounds of the wind from The Intruder’s movements and flying debris from under The Intruder’s feet can be heard. If you were to throw an object toward it or discharge a firearm at it you would get the same effect. Once you turn back to the door to insert your key you will find that The Intruder has noiselessly returned to its previous position where it continues to watch you.

Some say that The Intruder listens to your key hit the lock. They say that The Intruder can eventually ascertain the shape of your key simply by hearing the pins of your lock moving. It is unknown how many times The Intruder must hear you unlock your door before it can determine the exact shape of your key.

You see, The Intruder wants to kill you, that is, if this creature is even capable of wanting anything. Perhaps it is better to say that it intends to kill you. However, The Intruder can only kill you inside your house, and may not force its way in. Furthermore, it cannot enter an empty house. You must already be at home in order for it to enter. If you were to run outside of your house once The Intruder enters, The Intruder will pursue you, drag you back inside, and then kill you.

If you ever hear a key hitting your door in the dead of night then it may be The Intruder trying out its key that it has made. The Intruder only tries to use its keys when it is close to perfecting them, so if you do hear it trying to unlock your door then you can be certain that it will have a proper working key within a few nights. If you enter your house through another means, for example a garage or screen door, then you may suddenly find it them inoperable from the outside, through both remote or attempted physical operation of the door. If you attempt to leave your door unlocked in order to prevent The Intruder from hearing the shape of your key, then you may be disappointed to find that the door has been locked by the time you arrive at home.

If you hear a key hit your lock it is advised that you turn off all of your lights and attempt to push on the door to try and prevent The Intruder from entering, although it likely outweighs you. Once The Intruder enters your house all light sources above that of a candle become blinding to all inhabitants other than The Intruder. If you have time to light a candle then it is suggested, as this will allow you to see the silhouette without becoming blinded. A very small advantage that you may have is that, once it is inside a home, all inhabitants are able to see The Intruder simultaneously.

The Intruder will kill every human inside of the house. It will only attack pets if the animal chooses to engage The Intruder. Most animals choose not to engage. The only time that the Intruder will make any noise of its own is during a killing strike. The Intruder will make a quick hissing sound during this strike, and will not make this noise again until it claims its next victim. The Intruder has never been known to kill anyone without hissing at the killing blow. It will usually try to completely disable its prey to the point where it cannot move before such an action is taken. It is thought that The Intruder prefers to disable its prey before a kill strike because the act of hissing may be the only time that it is vulnerable to damage. This is purely speculation however.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

THE PICTURE

A couple of months ago my friend's cousin (a single mother) had gotten a new cellphone. After a long day at work, she placed her new phone down on the counter and started watching T.V. when her son came in and asked her if he could play with the phone. She told him not to call anyone or mess with the text messaging and he agreed to do so. At around 11:20 pm when she began getting tired, she decided to tuck her son in and go to bed herself. She proceeded to his room to see that he wasn't there. She went to her room to find him sleeping in her bed with the phone in his hand. Browsing through her phone, she noticed only minor changes, such as a new background, banner, etc. and headed toward the picture section. She began deleting the pictures he took when she came upon the last one. When she first saw it, she couldn't believe it. It was her son, sleeping on her bed but it was as if the picture was taken by someone else above him. It shows the left half of what appears to be an elderly woman's face.

[​IMG]
    test
  14. reznick

reznick New Member

test
  15. whypeoplesuck

whypeoplesuck Member

THE BAD DREAM
    "Daddy, I had a bad dream."

You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness—it's 3:23. "Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?"

"No, Daddy."

The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter's pale form in the darkness of your room. "Why not sweetie?"

"Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy's skin sat up."

For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can't take your eyes off of your daughter. Then, the covers shift beside you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THE CABIN

There was a hunter in the woods, who, after a long day hunting, was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the 171045011 24078b191e.jpg
    MasartorioAdded by Masartorio
    increasingly oppressive foliage. After what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for the night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. The hunter flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning.

As he looked around the inside of the cabin, he was surprised to see the walls adorned by several portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception, they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred and malice. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, and exhausted, he fell into a restless sleep.

The next morning, the hunter awoke -- he turned, blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows.
    test
  16. reznick

reznick New Member

The covers behind you?

I got lost there

Dope setup though
    test
  17. whypeoplesuck

whypeoplesuck Member

you know, like the bed covers? bed sheets and shit
    test
  18. reznick

reznick New Member

Wouldnt it be under him?

Anyways I get it now

Obviously lost all of its punch

You should edit it though has mad potential
    test
  19. Gwame

I've seen all those before, except for the Intruder one.
    test
  20. Superman70

Superman70 edited

fuck!

@ that last pic
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.