"Scariest short story ever written"

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by whypeoplesuck, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whypeoplesuck

whypeoplesuck Member

Don't know if this has been posted before, but since there were some good paranormal (no ezac) threads in here, I'll post it.

Found this:
    Over 100,000 people have dared to try Thirteen. - What to do

And read up a bunch about one story in specific titled "The Magic". It's suppose to be the scariest story ever written.

Supposedly spooked a lot of people and it got the book banned in Italy.

I did some research for reviews and what people are saying about it, I found it's causing a big stir and those who've read it don't recommend it to anyone who isn't "ready" for it.

I downloaded the book on amazon kindle and read it. It's a short story (only two pages) and it's pretty fucking good. The writer does a great job at playing with the human mind and could leave you creeped out if you let it get to you. Mind you, it's only two pages but probably the creepiest thing I've read.

It's more of a "dare" than a story. Turn the lights down, have an open mind, and follow the instructions carefully.

So for those interested, I'd say look up some "reactions" see what people are saying and how people are taking it and then go into reading it. That's probably the best at least just to psyche yourself up for it.

Note to anyone who's going to read it: Don't go into it thinking "this is how I'm going to reply to this story on the forums after I'm done. *read a couple lines* "this is stupid and lame" *reads more and more* "okay I'm going to reply its not scary *read the end* Okay now I'm going to say how unscary it was.

Go into it without expecting what you're going to tell people how you felt after. Go into it for the scare in itself for yourself. Also I'd advise to not just go into it now. Wait until night time, when you're done with the internet/forums for best results.
    test
  2. Stock II

Stock II New Member

Post the link to where I can read this.

Now.
    test
  3. whypeoplesuck

whypeoplesuck Member

Searched the internet for an hour after finally giving in and shelling out 6 bucks for the e-book. Worth it though

It was free as a sample for a while ago from what I read, but they took it off.

"notorious short story 'The Magic' has been moved to the end of the work.

This is to protect people who may not be psychologically prepared to read 'The Magic'.

If you have purchased this work, please go to the final two pages to read 'The Magic'. If you have accessed it as part of the Amazon Kindle free trial, you can still read many of the other stories.

Thankyou for understanding."

within the first couple pages
    test
  4. Stock II

Stock II New Member

Man... i wanna read this really badly

I know one of you will have a free way to read this
    test
  5. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

Im really interested in reading this story myself, I see alot of people are saying they couldn't go through with the "final instruction" so now I am intrigued as to what this story is about....
    test
  6. whypeoplesuck

whypeoplesuck Member

yess, I opened my mind up, followed exactly what it said to do. Dark room, by myself, and just followed the story/instructions. At first you'll be like "wtf's the big deal"..

once i got to the final instruction..I paused and finally found out why people aren't able to do it.

Did the final instruction, but after reminding myself it's just a story with a writer and isn't anything more than that (although some will say it is)
    test
  7. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

god dammit

someone find a link lol
    test
  8. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

can someone just paste it here if its just 2 pages please lol

i got high standards when it comes to horror stories, esp short horror stories.

the whole "talking to the reader directly" and breaking the 4th wall to get them to do shit in real life to creep them out further has been done, a LOT if you read horror avidly.

notably in "Mister B Gone" by clive barker. but if its confined to just 2 pages and is overall a solid short story that has the same effect of barker's "Mister B Gone" novella then i will be impressed.
    test
  9. Stock II

Stock II New Member

Well I just kinda found out what the final instruction is via youtube comments

And no, i would not fucking do that.
    test
  10. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

the fact that not one person has posted this shit online for free makes me suspect all the people talking about how scary it is were paid to do so...

either that or the book is more than it seems...OP will know what I mean
    test
  11. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

i kinda woudl want to see how eyerate would react :funny:
    test
  12. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

the fact that they have a $1000 youtube contest for the best/scariest reaction to reading the story makes me realize how fucking clever their marketing ploy is. get as many people to post youtube videos about how scary it was. spreading out the opinion that its epically scary. clever.

fuck it, as a fan of the genre ill buy it for the fuck of it.
    test
  13. hewannabejigga

hewannabejigga New Member

I guess the final instruction is to invite the demon in your room or shit like that.
    test
  14. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

the final instruction better be scarier than what the villain in die hard 3 made john mcclaine do in harlem.
    test
  15. Stock II

Stock II New Member

lol, tell us how it goes 2bhummus
    test
  16. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Link, please.
    test
  17. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

That's what I was guessing. Nobody spoil it though - post a link to the ending if you want but don't give away the actual details in the thread.
    test
  18. Stock II

Stock II New Member

I dont have it man, if i did id be reading it right now.
    test
  19. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

lol shit is hardly scary. at all. its just hype that idiots bring to it.
    test
  20. Stock II

Stock II New Member

goddammit, i knew it.

*unsubscribes from thread*
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.