Scandinavian Hip-Hop (Daily submission by Antilluminati)

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by antilluminati, Aug 18, 2013.

1. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Said I was making a thread like this. Worth checking out for anyone who wants to hear something new. I'll be posting a video every day for the people who'd be interested in checking it out.

1. VA - Scandalnavia (Prod. Tommy Tee)

Starting out with a possecut from 2000, "Scandalnavia" a collabo between Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway. The titletrack from the "Scandalnavia" Album featured Ayo, Ken, Petter, A.D.L., Eye N´I from Sweden, Tjes Boogie, Clemens, Mass from Denmark, Elastinen from Finland, N-Light-N, Diaz, Opaque, Tech-Rock, Jester, Jørg1 from Norway.

Video/Live:

Audio with better quality:
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. antilluminati

2. Looptroop - Zombies (prod. Embee)

Probably gon post a lot of Looptroop here, but I'm starting with the first track from the "Modern Day City Symphony" album from 2000. The sound instantly caught me and it's one of the most important scandinavian albums ever. The first track summed up a lot of the thoughts real heads had on the industry at the time and I'll post it as it's the first track I heard, quality though.

test
  3. antilluminati

3. Petter - Mikrofonkåt (Prod. Thomas Rusiak)

Swedish Petter proved that rappin in the mother tongue is possible while maintaining credibility and listenability. From 1998, "Mitt sjette sinne" is a scandinavian classic album and is solid throughout. My selection is "Mikrofonkåt", the second single:

test
  4. antilluminati

4. N-light-n - Dedication (Prod. Tommy Tee)

1997. This album was Tommy Tee and N-light-n's labour of love, no homo. In an era where people were trying to sound and act american, the son of light came out and made a fantastic record, proud to be himself and norwegian. This track especially catches that sentiment imo. I'll most likely be posting numerous tracks from all the albums posted here, so stay tuned for some awesome selections.

test
  5. antilluminati

5 - The Latin Kings - Borta i Tankar (1997)/Det e Knas (2000)

One cannot talk about swedish hip-hop without mentioning The Latin Kings, and I'm dropping a double post today to show you why. With roots hailing from the South Americas, their sound is definitely influenced by their native sound, or the east/west coast latinos of the US, but still, maintaining their swedish foundation both for lyrics and atmosphere. They were some of the first groups to rap in swedish, and in swedish immigrant slang from the suburbs. Check out the smokers anthem "Borta i Tankar" and their most well known song "Det e knas".

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    test
  6. antilluminati

6. N-Light-N feat. Opaque - Land of the Lost (Prod. Tommy Tee) / Opaque - The Mudstained Trubadour (Prod. Tommy Tee) / Opaque - Finally Here (Prod. Tommy Tee)

1998, first appearance of Opaque, the mudstained trubadour. This norwegian had a unique sound and style, a norwegian favourite, styling on each track. Including in this post dedicated to Opaque is his appearance from the Tee Productions album "Norske Byggeklosser" (2000) and the single from his debut album "Gourmet Garbage" (2001).

test
  7. antilluminati

7. ADL - Murder Competition (Prod. Colleone&Webb)

Released in 1998 and from the swedish compilation record ''Sidewalk Headliners Vol. 2''. ADL is an old school swedish mc and this track is a dark classic and hidden gem.

test
  8. antilluminati

Been away on a long holiday, Imma post a few to keep this thread alive. Imma start with my favourite Norwegian producers first solo album, and one of the tightest hip-hop albums I've heard, must you check this one out..

Tommy Tee ‎– Bonds, Beats & Beliefs (1998)

Sick production by Tommy Tee and ill features from New York and Norway. Tommy Tee (aka father blanco) is a legend, Norways hip-hop godfather and well known in NY, minus a couple songs I couldnt find on youtube,check out his debut album from 1998.

test
  9. antilluminati

test
  10. antilluminati

test
  11. antilluminati

test
  12. antilluminati