Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

awful film... simply awful. replaces waist deep as my personal worst movie of 2006 so far. and, that's not because i have a weak stomach and couldn't handle the gore. it was just bad filmmaking on so many levels, starting with the photographic direction. very poorly shot... there were so many intriguing visual possibilities that were squandered by ill-advised camera placement and movements, imo. although there was some good content and concepts in the script, a lot of the acting and dialogue came off laughably stilted.

to be fair, i went after 7 hours of softball playing, so i was a little sleepy and the muted color palette made it even harder to stay awake as it added to its dullness. i told the girl who i was sitting next to that i hadn't seen the first two saw's, so throughout the movie she kept tapping me on the shoulder telling me how what was on the screen related to the first two. that made it hard to concentrate at times, but since i'd decided early on it was a bad film anyway i didn't mind too much.

i'd say lowpro has it about right... 2/5, maybe 1.5
    test
  2. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I know exactly what your talking about, We call them mallrats.
    or mall annoyances. They're fucking loud and never doing anything productive. But My problem was the loud annoying black man behide me.

Dude, I'm like far from a racial person. But If the dude was black, I'm not afriad to say he was black!
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Brah, you have to see the first two.
    test
  4. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

no, i really don't

it will still be horrible... tying up loose-ends on details here and there won't help

it is just a bad piece of filmmaking
    test
  5. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i mean, i do want to see them to see how they are, but not to get any revelations on saw iii
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I would like to know what you do for a living?

Because that was a rush to judgement followed by a contradiction and correction.

Just see the other 2, though you might have ruined the first one for yourself.
    test
  7. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

not sure what this has to do with anything or why you want to go off on some tangent, but i don't do anything for a living right now

i'm a full-time student going towards a degree in finance
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Which has nothing to do with film making etc... you just proved my point faggot!

So Shut up you retard Bum and stop arguing your opinion like it matters to me. noone wants to read your blovating post that equivalent to dog shit.

propostion was boring bullshit.
    Don't believe me Rent it.
    test
  9. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

(1) there was a time when all filmmakers were not "a part of filmmaking" as you so ignorantly and limitedly describe, so no... you have made no point whatsoever

(2) so, what... if i were a grip's, make-up artist's, or set designer's lemming assistant, that would make me a part of filmmaking and my opinion somehow more worthy of attention and debate? hell, i could have been all those things for the proposition, sideways, and almost famous. according to your dumbass opinion about those films, i would still "not know film" or "what's good/bad"!

(3) we are all filmmakers... i already explained this in my fave films thread, which i see you are in the process of "replying" to. don't know why you're even wasting your time, because there's no way to come back to that. i surgically dissected your idiot thoughts powerdrill style (no pun intended).

(4) my opinion doesn't matter to you? i don't give a damn. no one's opinion in this forum period should really matter that deeply to you or anyone else, because we all have our own tastes and are here to discuss them... it so happens the members here who are knowledgeable and really into films like to discuss it with me and hear what i have to say and vice versa. why didn't you ignore me? why have gone on for so long? and, yes, your opinion matters to me, however ridiculous the reasoning and path you took to arrive at it.

(5) the proposition is a great film. don't believe me? several people who are a part of filmmaking, are a part of the film scholastic/critiquing community, have been a part of filmmaking, and will be a part of filmmaking are all saying it is. because, of course, their opinion "matters", right?
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Your opinion does not matter. You have not even studied film.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. I exposed how
    you argue Opinion verse opinion. And I don't give a FUCK about
    your movie opinion, though That does not mean you can't state your opinion.
    it just means I don't give a FUCK what you state.

that would make you a lacky, but you are not those things. You're a attention whore with a opinion not worth arguing because it does not matter. you're reasoning is argumentive stupidity, nothing you say is worth debate unless I care. But I don't care about your movie opinion.

And exactly! Either way you look at it you are fucked. If you are not a film critic with those titles but claim the proposition is the best movie you're a moron. Though If you were a film critic with those titles who claimed the Proposition is the best movie than are a gigantic Moron, who should find a different profession because your subjective idiocies are fucking up the film.

No you're not, I want you to post your degree? Oh thats right you don't have one. and the one you are going for is in finance. Come on reverse the naming calling like a five year old smart ass that you are. Come on stupid, you can do it.

And what is this "WE" shit? please tell me your not refering to those stupid fags that follow you around? Fuck their retarded opinion you've subjected to them. Just because you say you surgically dissected my argument does not make it true. What is a fact is you are a moron for caring about Movie opinions.

Bingo, Finally the light blub has gone off! You do give a dam, I don't give a dam on this matter That's just it. I'm not here to put my taste up against any bodies elses taste. I'm here to say whether I liked a movie or didn't like a movie. I'm here to see what moives are coming out. If I wanted a philosophical discussion I would make it about something that matters and my movie opinion especially to a Hack like yourself is not worthy of it. So in other words you are pointless and not worthy of my time, especially when I could be learning something more educational that actually matters.

I would consider them FAGS who don't know what a good movie is.
    So NO their subjective opinion doesn't matter because it's all subjective bullshit!

Rent the film, I encourage people to see it, then make up their own mind!

As for me, the movie was a horrid piece of shit and worse than watching & hearing the static on the television!

http://www.groupsrv.com/movies/about66051.html

I suggest you argue with the rest of these morons!
    test
  11. Avirex

Avirex New Member

i honestly was bored watching this movie.. the gore was great, but the whole plot lacked and i really didnt give a shit about knowing that the girl was helping him the whole time... i thought the 2nd one was better.
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I'm not a CUNT. But I do like a nice Cunt.

I would agree with that Lord Drama, only the first saw in the series was my favorite!
    test
  13. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

my opinion doesn't matter because i "haven't studied film"? i have studied film! everybody in here that has watched films has studied film. it may not be under the banner of a university film program, but it's still study nonetheless. quentin tarantino doesn't have a film degree. robert rodriguez doesn't have a film degree (grades weren't good enough at univ. of texas). they both were fanboys like i am before they started making their own work. i could name tons of filmmakers, past and present, who don't have film degrees. it's not even necessary.

and, you "don't give a fuck" about my movie opinion? well, why have you argued with me for so long? you've dedicated quite a bit of time to replying to me. obviously, you give a fuck one way or another. it's gone beyond mere acknowledgement.

i'm having a hard time even understanding what you say, because you're not very good at writing your thoughts out clearly

you say nothing i say is "worth debate unless you care", yet you've debated for quite some time... meaning you cared. and, then you say you don't care about my movie opinion. well, why is it debated???

majority of the population base over at imdb.com aren't paid film critics but are far from morons as they have quite a bit of knowledge and insight about cinema. they have the proposition sitting @ 7.5/10, which is very very good by imdb standards.

take a look at its tomatometer. it's succeeded with flying colors amongst most critics.

[funny] @ you calling us "morons" when you say saw iii deserves 4 out of 5 stars

i respect your opinion though, because if saw iii held your attention it held your attention... but, most people who are film savvy (i hate using the term "most people" anyway) would thoroughly disagree with the notion of saw iii being a better film than the proposition

[funny] @ the disparity you claim exists

saw iii = 4 out of 5 stars
    the proposition = garbage

*shakes head*

i am a filmmaker... go address what i said in my 100 fave films thread. i explained it out there. not going to do it again or even copy and paste.

"we" as in everyone on this planet. everybody has an inner filmmaker within. the only thing missing is the knowledge of how to operate film equipment.

anybody has the potential to make a film, even if it turns out to not be so good or well-received. the proposition was good (great, actually) and well-received, yet based on your dumbfuck opinion about it you'd say the filmmakers behind it still don't have credibility

good, bad, film, or no film... everyone is a filmmaker at heart. everyone has a story to tell and could easily do it with the time and concentration on making scenes as they play out in their head.

[funny] @ pointless and not "worthy of your time"

the irony...

yes, i give a damn about every movie opinion, especially when it's thrown in my face like this with such force and nothing substantial behind it

yeah, they should have given it 1 star while giving saw iii 4 stars

still [funny]'in @ that
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Look at you. you're agruing about NOTHING! NOTHING!
    You either red herring or persenting a straw man every argument.

look Now you've switched to arguing your a filmmaker because you watch movies.
    LOL Not the same thing. You would actually need to be involved with Filmmaking and actully have made a good film for your opinion on filmmaking to mean a thing to me. but you don't, you're just a stupid cunt talking shit about a movie you seen.

Birds and dragonflys both have wings to fly that does mean they are both from the same species. You are fucking retarded! You need your head smashed in for being such a retard. Honestly, I have never typed to someone as dumb as you.

HOW MANY TIME DO I HAVE TO STATE I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU?
    Listen moron just because I talk to you doesn't mean I'm taking you seriously. You're movie opinions are dreadful no amount of cheerleading you do is gonna change my mind about that. If I wanted your opinion I would read the back of the movie cover. YOU ARE RETARDED AND I LIKE FUCKING WITH YOUR RETARDATION! You're like the stupid kid in school who gets made fun of, but can't figure out he's getting made fun of. hilarious!

I'm not debating you I'm making fun of you. Having you come back to this thread and reply is the joke on you. You are actually taking it seriously. HAHAHA! Man you are the dumbest mother fucker I have ever seen on a message board. If I said that a raisin is better than a grape you're the type of moron to actually debate it. Like a borat skit the joke is on you.

I don't care what a website full of losers think! You just aren't getting the picture yet that is the point of the joke. I don't care about stupid motherfuckers like you. You don't know what the fuck your talking about ever! You're told to like a movie so you like it. You're belief system relies on rotten tomatos & the tomatometer!Fucking Loser!!! FUCKING HACK! FUCKING JOKE! LOL!

You're all morons. Propostion was horrible. I couldn't care what you think about saw 3. Just note that movie proposition was fucking Terrible and only mental hanidcaps like yourselves would find that movie totally awsome! LOL! you're a joke!

I never compared the movies, Stop the straw man, the subject is you're a moron!

And You are still not listening, I don't give a FUCK WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ANY MOVIE. I don't respect a fucking thing you have to say! With that said proposition was the worst fucking piece of trash i've ever popped into my HDDVD player. It was so bad even my Hddvd player diplayed a message warning me the movie was complete dog shit. I should have took the HDDVD PLAYERS advice.

It is obvious you take a critics good review of a movie you like and use it as your own review. Moreover, you're not a filmmaker. Show me your degree? You can't! Therefore FUCK WHAT YOU THINK!

You have neither ability!

Keep given a dam i'll keep fucking with you.

Can you tell I flat out don't give a shit? What can you do with a person who does not respect your opinion, thinks you're full of shit, and couldn't give a flying fuck whether you live or die?

What can you do with a person like that in real life?
    How would you handle a person like that?

Some might say the definition for insanity is doing the samething over and over.
    test
  15. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

the proposition is garbage & saw iii gets 4 stars!!!

r..... o..... t..... FFFFF!!!!! [funny][funny][funny][funny][funny]

i don't judge movies based on what critics tell me to think, dumbfuck... like with city of god, i saw this movie well before it had enough reviews written to represent the community's consensus

so happens that, again, i celebrated and championed a film that many people who are knowledgable about and previously participant in the art of filmmaking also found greatness in

r..... o..... t..... FFFFF!!!!! [funny][funny][funny][funny][funny]
    test
  16. Superman70

Superman70 edited

This actually is a series where you need to see the others first.
    It doesn't make sense to see this movie not having seen part one.

Anyway, this one wasn't that good, but it was still good for a horror/gore movie. Because they mostly suck.
    test
  17. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

perhaps in order to get a better grasp of the story and what's going on, but one wouldn't need to necessarily see the first two to judge the quality of this film

i was able to follow the concepts and developments reasonably well, and any further kinks being ironed out or revelations explained wouldn't have done much to change my opinion about the film as the acting, line delivery, and dialogue all came off annoyingly stilted

saying it "wasn't that good" is an understatement

it's a very bad piece of filmmaking
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I never gave Saw 3, four stars! But I'll give You're comprehension a zero and Two big thumbs down. [funny]

The premise to The Proposition was so atrocious it makes auschwitz look like Salute Your Shorts.

Nothing you say matters, Infact, you're anti-matter.

"celebrated and championed a film"....

That has got to be the gayest typed line anyone on this site has ever ever fucking said. develope a personality then get some friends, Stupid tool!

All the critics you provided are enough proof for me to know they shape your thinking. Like I said what you think doesn't matter, never did, never will, and never can.

What you think about saw 3 does not matter to me, it never did!
    You have nothing to argue because nothing you say to me matters.

This is purely for sport by now!
    test
  19. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Give it up, menaz... you're horrible at film critique, you're horrible at debating, and you're horrible at composing complete thoughts even
    test
  20. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

nope... i could provide you many instances where i've flat-out disagreed with the critical community. they don't "shape my thinking".

the purpose of providing those names was to show you that my opinion is backed by people who are either knowledgeable or previously participant in the art of filmmaking. and, i have foretold their consensus a number of times. it's not like i read a bunch of reviews beforehand and forced myself to like the film to get aligned with them.

r..... o..... t..... FFFFF!!!!! [funny][funny][funny]

this is purely sport for me now, too... you said earlier that "the definition for insanity is doing the samething over and over"

let's be insane together then!

the proposition is a great film... so hot, caliente, and scorching australian outback habanero fieriness [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.