sampled beats vs composed beats...?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by KWICBOYZ, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KWICBOYZ

KWICBOYZ New Member

yea breathe is 2 ill

get em daddy ill

the DIPSET RNB on myspace.com/justebeats :)(shameless i kno)

and also who came 1st chicken or egg..

composing obviously..
    test
  2. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

m NOT SAYN COMPOSING DDNT COME 1ST. U misunderstood m sayn they depend on each other. Keepin the balance man.
    test
  3. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

But you're wrong. Unless you sample industrial or worldy sounds, something that isn't already a composition... then composition comes first.

Composing doesn't depend on samples, it depends on what is available as an instrument.
    test
  4. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

1st and foremost everyone should just stick to what they're GOOD AT...sampled or composed....this is why u don't see premo releasing crunk beats...his mind doesn't work like lil jon's does.

2nd..it doesn't matter what u do as long as the final product is good....U ARENT GOING TO BE THE ONE BUYING YOUR OWN SHIT...make something that u think most people will feel...if u make music for urself then that's good but don't get mad when the majority won't fuck with it.

3rd..samplers recognize the genious of composing...hence why we (the real samplers who actually cop records) spend hours flipping through records and listening for dope shit...we realize that people spend their WHOLE LIVES practicing to get to the level they are on and that it is simply impossible for 1 person to be that good at playing bass, drums, and every other instrument we hear.

4th it is all a matter of opinion...so who really gives a fuck u ain't changin nobodies mind...but to me sampled beats sound hotter....just remember yall mafuckas bashing sampling will nut when just blaze makes another banger...smh...plus sampling created hiphop (yes we know samples come from composed shit but if noone chopped it up and created a beat from it u wouldn't be here complaining cuz u wouldn't know hiphop cuz it wouldnt even EXIST)

blah blah blah...nobodies opinions changed cuz of this thread...not 1 bit...so its pointless to argue back n forth...and I compose to I just prefer to sample..so don't come with anything about that plz

thats how I see it....and ain't NOBODY gonna stop me from sampling fuck that
    test
  5. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

Jesus man m sayn u cant come up with ur own note. A c note will always be a c note. Dats just like sampling u can sample a c note or play it. Ofcoarse most of u dont sample in here so u wudnt understand wat m sayn and opt 2 twist my words around just to be asses. There is more to sampling than the cliche looping of a chunk of a song.
    test
  6. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

isnt sampling jacking a composed beat?
    test
  7. KWICBOYZ

KWICBOYZ New Member

really?
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

actually most of the people here at one time or now sample and a good portion of them loop
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

basically but theres a lot of things u can do with it
    test
  10. Sean "G"

Sean "G" New Member

did someone say Still D.R.E. was sampled? I coulda sworn i read somewhere that it was composed, but i like sampling and composing, i prefer sampling though way more, but hey, if my composed beats came out as hard as my sampled beats i guess i would do a lot more composing, but what does it matter, if a beat comes out hard then that shit is hard, enough said
    test
  11. M1 Productions

M1 Productions jetlaggin

^Still D.R.E. ain't a sample, and word the process ain't as important as the product, if it's hot it's hot
    test
  12. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

Check out the now disbanded "The Tea Party". Together that group of 3 plays something like 70 instruments.
    test
  13. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

The main piano loop from still dre was composed inspired by some jazz record. They used the same concept, but stil dre has a violin sample in the background slip on ur headfones and listen hard ul hear it.

And no sampling is not just jacking a composed beat or jacking a good chunk of a song.

Like i was sayn I can sample the same notes u played out.....lol
    test
  14. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

LOL its been quite entertaining to watch this exact debate continue in perpetuity since I first ever posted here in June 2001..
    test
  15. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

omg @ this arguement again.
    test
  16. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^and its always the same things too o well i can just use ur notes or why dont u learn to play lol
    test
  17. prophicey

prophicey New Member

i'll put it this way .. i love sampling , i thinks sampling is a supreme art that only few master and a chosen few become the greatest , i think composing a beat is marvelous ..its really comes down to how you want to grow musially ..but i'm pretty sure if came up with the beat for Nas on "Streets Desiple" (the one that was named after his father) i'd be more proud than if i came up with Kanye West "I Get Down"
    test
  18. M1 Productions

M1 Productions jetlaggin

What record?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.