sampled beats vs composed beats...?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by KWICBOYZ, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

I like to sample, if i come across something thats HOT. I just have to flip it.

but i dont sample for the sake of sampling... becuase i dont like wack or ordinary samples.

And composing - i wanna do alot more, becuase it seems that artists like to buy those...

And it gets more of ME out of it...when i compose

but dont get it twisted i still and will always wreck the sample game.
    test
  2. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

its this simple...

without composing...samples wouldnt exist...

sampling is a great extension of music but its dependant on composing....while composing is completely independant...
    test
  3. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

true

@ embassy

but for now i like sampling alot better than composing

or even composing over samples

i mean u listen to somethin off aftermath they might have this nice lil piano sample an the intro or outro is one some epic orchestrated string jump off that they added an it sounds beautiful

but i jus dont do it. i prolly should tho.
    test
  4. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

shut the fuck up sampler
    test
  5. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

lol u jus called some one a sampler

like its a bad thing.

wow.
    test
  6. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

plt has to be one of the stupidest mufuckas on this site. every producer in the game does/has sampled. so go up to there 10 million dollar mansion and point your finger right at em, and call them a "sampler". right before the security beats the shit out of your stupid foreign ass.
    test
  7. Civilian2004

Civilian2004 New Member

what's easier to make? for me, sampled beats but thats because i started off using samples. but i dont feel that 1 is better than the other. if the beat is clean, it's clean....simple as that.
    test
  8. SuperPlex

SuperPlex SuperPlanet

damn, I just made my first composed beat in a long time, and I have to say I enjoyed the process of composing more than sampling, but I will always opt to sample simply because I'm not that good at composing yet.
    test
  9. I-ki

I-ki New Member

LOL ...
    test
  10. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

based on ur beats it sounds like u cant compose either so i guess u can suck a dick too
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

hah.......many of those arent interpolated........

ESPECIALLY next episode........
    test
  12. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

man i go away for like a month and the same threads have repeated themselves, i swear there's like 1 or 2 people changing names every few months to keep on draggin up the same old shit
    test
  13. KWICBOYZ

KWICBOYZ New Member

ok... now how did this improve ur life?^
    test
  14. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

I started composing, and most of my album that's comin out is composed but I have two tracks where I used straight samples that I chopped and stuck in. Now that I am gettin into sampling and don't see much of a challenge in composing, I'm slowly turnin to samples. It's all good though, a good producer can do both.

Pz
    test
  15. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

PlT u are a miracle whip faced fag so shut up boy. U probably listern to 50 cent and think those beats are composed u bastard. U deserve 2 be sent 2 st quinten so u can get gased with feces and urine and raped fag.
    test
  16. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

I thought it was simple too... samples just don't fall off of trees for people to use. People have to compose them. Personally I don't like to sample myself, but I love a lot of the end results that other people get from sampling, so.....

I'm well versed in synthesis, so for me, making a new patch gives me the same feeling as a sampler finding a sample that they get excited and can't wait to flip.
    test
  17. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

well for one this thread made me give up crack.

thankyou jesus!
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

and this is why many of yall fuckers are just beatmakers....

cause yall dont understand the difference between a finished product that sounds good...and your own ill-informed prejudice......
    test
  19. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

Lol @ samples not falling of tree. Dats very tru man ppl think u buy any record or downloaded any song and u stamble on a gem. Sampling can be incoporated as a composition wen you are choping a sample (solo) or replayn a part/mood (melody or bass line) of a song. So we can ague all day about how its the same and we wil go on and on.
    Say I sampled some notes from a piano solo and tweaked em and a composer played em out, we gonna end up with the same thing. No 1 is gonna look at you and say u stole my notes.

Now I have a problem with both composers and samplers. I dont think samplers shud hate on composers and composers shud not hate on samplers coz the whole evolution of composing in hip hop came from samplers. Golden rule. Then we also end up with the question "which came 1st?" the chicken or the egg! So its the same thing.

I started off composing by ear no musical training but for the past yr I been sampling coz I cant play those melodies they got in old records and I got a wack sound bank, so i just loop or chop em. Compose a lil bit here and there.
    test
  20. M1 Productions

M1 Productions jetlaggin

There's always an exception once in a while but sampled beats are always hotter imo, it's not even debatable in my mind. All my favorite kind of beats like 1-900-HUSTLER, I Really Mean It, Breathe, etc., there's no keyboard beats touchin those.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.