sampled beats vs composed beats...?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by KWICBOYZ, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KWICBOYZ

KWICBOYZ New Member

which one can you be more creative with?

for me sampled beats...becuz every sample is unique and so when u chop it it comes out in a diffrent way you know...

composed iono i dont have musical training so i cant just sit there and make insane melodies plus all composed shit i hear nowadays sounds just like everything else

808s bangin low synth lines /w hi pitched bells(e,c,d,e,c,d)

but just wonderin about u guys
    test
  2. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

For me personally, I can do a whole lot more with composed beats. I am not deeply advanced with theory, but I am more advanced than the average rap producer, so I can do a lot more with the notes and instruments. I feel limited when I work with samples, and I'm not that experienced in tweaking the samples to maximize the potential of what I'm workin with.
    test
  3. .KeyNote.

.KeyNote. Guest

well i don't do composed beats(i mean look at the user title)..

but i definetly respect those who put it down...

BUT...i get GEEKED whenever i hear a sample gutted perfectly on a beat..then go back and listen to the original like "wow this nigga did his thing"

i dunno...just me though
    test
  4. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

I like beats that incorporate both samples and composition.
    test
  5. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

^ I Totally Agree. Thats What I'm Gettin Deeper Into
    test
  6. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

The late great Jay Dee was a wizard at it.
    test
  7. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

composed rnb. thats wat i do.
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

yea those are the best and somewhat hard to do right
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Dr Dre is great at it also
    test
  10. I-ki

I-ki New Member

Im better in composing, my sampling game sucks...
    test
  11. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

it`s proven, musicians proved, everyone has proved, composed beats are 200% stronger then sampled, sampled beats r used by producers, haha i mena beatmixers that are can`t do a shit. I l`m selflearned composer and already did scores for films, beats which were made custom but samplers can suck my dick.. They sample, that`s all.. in my country composers sell bveats twice as more then samplers... Thats life, samplers can suck dicks, thats all, if they say that they are producers, u can put ya dick in their mouths cuz sampler can`t be a producer, producer should have skilss to compose the shit that artist wants but samplers can`t do that so samplers are beatmakers, can suck a dick... lol
    test
  12. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

fucking lame ass beatmakers... U should be a producer not beat fucking maker ahahaha... lame ass people
    test
  13. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

^ um

really producers can do both
    test
  14. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

mayn you live in latvia... whut ya'll know bout hip hop, ya'll some ex commie bastards mayn....

in order to be a good producer you gotta be versatile, gotta know how to put shit together... in order to be a good beat maker, you can do either... but you'll be the best beatmaker if you can do both, and even better if you can mix em nahmean...

some people think samplin some lame shit... yeah, if all you do is take a loop n add drums mayn... but if you chop dat shit, stretch parts, reverse parts... make that shit its own brand new melody... shits hot, takes knowledge of process mayn...

n in the end mayn... dun fuckin matter, cuz 85% of the worlds population dun even know whut "sampling" is, or whether a beats sampled or not... if that shit bumps, gets ya head noddin n sounds like fire... mayn its hot shit to them, they dun care whether a producer sample - looped a whole song or whether he played some symphony wit his balls... s'all in the end product mayn.

moral the story? be good at both, be good at combinin em... n make hot shiet mayn... fucka hater. rap was founded on samplin, anyone gotta problem wit samplin should go listen to country or emo or some shit cuz they some bitch made carapinocha muhfuckas... 1
    test
  15. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Dre seems to interpolate a lot more than samplin. Most of the songs I can think of from him are all re-played samples...such as Next Episode, XXplosive, Let's get high, Still D.R.E., Nothin but a G thang, What's my name, Gin n Juice, etc. etc. etc.
    test
  16. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

The level of creativity is solely dependant on the beat maker and not so much whether the beat maker sampled or made up everything. To say one is more creative than the other kinda says that YOU aren't creative when doing one vs. the other.
    test
  17. Nivek One

Nivek One Might Fall Out If He Crys

It Depends On What You Like. Composed beats You Could Make Faster Then Sampled Beats. Wirh Samples By The Time You Record Your Sample Time Strech It. Pick The Right Drums Add Bass lines And What Ever Else It Hader In My Eyes.

Then Agen With Composed beats If You Cant Play Keys Or Cant Come up With Any Good Shit......... Your Shit Out Of Luck.....

What Producers You Like Better The Ones That Sample Or The Ones That Come up With Composed Shit?/

HeatMakerz, Kanye West Vs Scott Storch, Timbo
    test
  18. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

its funny and sad that u think that. I personally do both and feel they are totally different skills. Sampling opens up many doors tho because a lot of people just don't like composed beats. I know people who don't fuck wit keyboard beats but will fuck wit samples and shit played live. Its more money imo Ima learn to play live shit eventually.
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

all the songs u have mentioned except for XXplosive were jacked right off wax.
    test
  20. KWICBOYZ

KWICBOYZ New Member

i mix sampling /w composing...but usually only to add elements i feel were "left out" of the sample...like if i think a string line would go perfect with the sample i put in or w/e...nun big....and of course i chop like crazy...

but i dont know keyboard beats i just been hearin the same stuff nothing OMG AMAZING..

i would like to hear ozone sample tho...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.