Sam Salter

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by SimpleMinded, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

I dl'ed a buncha his ish from The Little Black Book (an unreleased album) and this guy has a tight voice. He did a version of Color of Love (see Full Circle by Boyz II Men) and definitely gave the Boyz a run for their money. His song Love Again is amazing, the guy just gets so much emotion into his music. Unfortunately, much in the same vein as Avant and TQ, the guy seems to think his future is set in up tempo songs which he does alright at but then, I've no interest in that ish.

Has anyone else heard of him? Anyone cop his released album? Why'd Little Black Book never get released? Where's he gone now? What you guys think of his stuff? Is his real album worth picking up?
    test
  2. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

He's from LA, used to be a gospel singer back in the gap, but he had his debut album It's On Tonight back in 97-produced by Babyface. On his album cover he looks kinda like mos def.

tracklisting for that album:

Your Face
    After 12, Before 6
    It's On Tonight
    Give Me My Baby
    There You Are
    I Love You Both <--say what lol
    Show You That I Care
    Every Time A Car Drives By
    Thinkin' & Trippin'
    It Took a Song
    On My Heart
    After 12, Before 6 (Ghetto Fabulous Remix)

I have heard of him, one his songs-There You Are, it played on the radio but it isn't new-still good. He's supposed to be dropping an album soon (than later I hope)

And yeah I know what you mean about the up-tempo songs. I seem not to like that with any r&b artist.
    -Much Love
    test
  3. Lupyman

Lupyman New Member

Wow....You mentioned two of my favorite and probably two of the most unknown/unrecognized singers around (TQ and Sam Salter), in the same post. I don't know too much about what's going on with Sam these days, but I read something a few months back that he's in the studio working on a new album. I don't know when it will be released, but probably sometime in 05. By the way, his version of Color of Love was the original version.
    test
  4. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

Niceee... he's putting a new one out? Finally'll give me a chance to pick up some of his stuff. Drives me nuts how I seem to catch on to artists when they've become has beens :-\. Do you know if Babyface'll be doing development on the new one at all? I'll run the internet, see if I find anything.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.