Salvia Divinorum.....!

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by -LikeWise-, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -LikeWise-

-LikeWise- Is the Name...

it's a legal plant, that you smoke.... its supposed to be like a weed and coke kind of trip...

Anyone ever do it?

Also, where can you buy this shi.t? at a smoke shop?
    test
  2. -LikeWise-

-LikeWise- Is the Name...

Soon after he ingested Salvia, "the world became a dark and oppressive place," said Gary, an Ohio State student, who asked that his last name not be used.

"Things had energy and personality," Gary said. "I don't recommend it to people. It's not a party drug at all. The number of people who would get a positive experience out of it is relatively low."

Salvia comes from the leaves of a Mexican plant and can produce hallucinogenic effects. It is currently legal in Ohio. However Salvia is becoming more popular and could become illegal in the future.

Also known as "ska Maria Pastora" or "Shepherdess's Herb," Salvia divinorum is a plant that can reach six feet tall and has barbed, dark green leaves and blue or white flowers. The plant belongs to the genus Salvia, better known as sage. Although sage can be found in grocery stores and gardens, Salvia is a specific species indigenous to Oaxaca, Mexico. There, shamans of the Mazatec Indian tribe use Salvia to aid in ritual trances that allow them to discover ways to cure their patients.

According to the Drug Enforcement Administration Newark Division, "There has been a recent interest among young adults and adolescents to rediscover ethnobotanical plants that can induce changes in perception, hallucinations or other psychologically induced changes. Since Salvia divinorum, or any of its active ingredients are not specifically listed in the Controlled Substances Act, some online botanical companies and drug promotional sites have advertised Salvia as a legal alternative to other plant hallucinogens like mescaline."

According to the Drug Enforcement Administration Newark Division, "There has been a recent interest among young adults and adolescents to rediscover ethnobotanical plants that can induce changes in perception, hallucinations or other psychologically induced changes. Since Salvia divinorum, or any of its active ingredients are not specifically listed in the Controlled Substances Act, some online botanical companies and drug promotional sites have advertised Salvia as a legal alternative to other plant hallucinogens like mescaline."

Currently the U.S. federal government does not regulate the growth, distribution or possession of Salvia. Many states have passed legislation to add Salvia to the list of controlled substances including Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Delaware and Maine. However, Ohio has no such legislation. House Bill 215 was introduced in May 2007, but has not yet passed.

There are many other reasons for the renewed interest.

Because of its chemical structure, Salvia does not give a positive reaction on urine tests for opiates or other alkaloid drugs, according to salvia.net. Also, it activates the vision-producing receptors of the brain without activating the addiction-producing receptors.

Availability is also an influence in the popularity of Salvia.

Salvia is sold in head shops and online. Through an online retailer such as gnc.com, a one-fluid-ounce bottle of the liquid form costs about $12.

"I actually did it for the first time in the Dream Merchant head shop on 13th Avenue and High Street with the owner of the store," said Kyle Nowak, 23, an OSU graduate. "He packed a little bowl piece and we each took maybe four or five hits."

On its Web site, Dream Merchant advertises Salvia extract.

Nowak is not a frequent drug user, but said he was enticed to try Salvia because it is less expensive than marijuana.

The duration of a Salvia trip varies depending on many factors such as body weight, sensitivity, dose taken and method of ingestion. Salvia's side effects can include loss of physical coordination, alterations in vision and perception and uncontrollable laughter. The effects are also known to wear off quickly.

"It was kind of harsh, not smooth by any means. I wouldn't try it again," Nowak said.

Gary did not seem enthusiastic about his experiences with Salvia either.

"It never did much and when it did, it was generally creepy," he said.

oh word. well, hey it's an interesting at least.
    test
  3. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

I think their making it illegal very soon. I never done it, but I've been meaning to try it for a while
    test
  4. .SOBE.

.SOBE. hell no

man have u seen people trip on that shit?? it's fuckin weird
    test
  5. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

uuummm, dont listen to the article, i kno tons of ppl whove tried no one said they had a bad experience, all of em would do it again.

i tried it once but i was hosed so i dont remember it. i have it on tape tho all i did was stare at the ceiling, figet with the pipe and ask for a boat. ppl talked to me and i tried to talk back but i cant understand what i was tryna say. all i remember is swearinga bunch when i was coming down and i was concious of the world around me but hollucinating too much to see it
    test
  6. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

I'd love to try Salvia. Even though my boy did it and said its no fun at all
    test
  7. liquid`acid

u got the spirit, dont listen to him. ima try it again sober so i can remember i gotta buy more tho cuz i forgot the half gram i had back home when i went on a road trip :(
    test
  8. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

that shit is fuckin crazy. too expensive and the high only lasts about 10-15 minutes. i'd rather just get some bud.
    test
  9. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

yeah. it being so expensive turns me off onto ever trying it until i have thousands upon thousands to my name...

...which will be very soon.
    test
  10. Troy

Troy New Member

it is pricey, but that's only if you look at it like weed, it's like 30 dollars a gram but a gram will give you tons of trips. you need very little to feel the effects.
    test
  11. liquid`acid

^exactly, i got a half gram and smoked less then a third of it and got fucked up, and thats just the leaf not the extract

lol tho next time i wanna try blazen the whole half gram in one hit thru the bong even tho dude who sold it to me says a half gram should be 4-5 hits
    test
  12. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

yea he's right. really what you want to do is put about .2 in a bong and use a butane lighter (salvia is supposed to be burned at a higher temperature). hold it in as long as possible and a half a minute or so afterwards it just hits you like a freight train.
    test
  13. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

everyone i know who has done it says its not worth it and probably wouldnt have done it if they could go back. its just not supposed to be very fun
    test
  14. liquid`acid

^i think it depends on how you deal with intense hollucinations, personaly i love hollucinating, but someone who has trouble letting go of reality wouldnt enjoy somthing like salvia or dmt

and no things like that arnt usually supposed to be fun, they are supposed to be done for the experience. maybe the ppl you kno jsut arnt that connect to themselves or some other hippy shit like that, but everytime ive gone on a crazy over the top hollucinogenic journey ive come away having learned somthing about myself or my surroundings and thus grow as a human being from the experience.

but ive noticed a lot of my friends who dont get as much out of it dont enjoy goin on "journeys to other worlds" as much as i do.

lol n when they do they cant handle it as well as i can.

heh, i didnt kno about the butane thing idol, ima remember that for next time.
    test
  15. Troy

Troy New Member

^ you said it for me. i think it's a control thing, when you take things like this you lose control of your reality and i think it's that fact alone that makes people trip out on it like they do on youtube.
    test
  16. liquid`acid

yeah man, once you realise youve lost reality one of two things usualy happens either you ride the flow of yer trip or you drown in it.

except when you forget who you are n what yer name is . . . those moments are hard to predict . . . an they are very hard on yer mental stability

king, you ever try salvia? or are ya one of those ppl thats gotta hang onto reality like its yer life line offa the titanic
    test
  17. Troy

Troy New Member

yeah i've done it a couple times, still got a gram on my desk right now.
    test
  18. liquid`acid

ah right on

ive got a half gram stashed at my parents crib back at ye old home town

headen back there soon, wanna get some of my old frends to try it
    test
  19. HOLLOW 55

HOLLOW 55 You niggas cant trap here

Nope.

I'll take bud.

I'm not fucking with this shit.
    test
  20. Kai Is Lazarus

Kai Is Lazarus Shits on rappers for fun

man its alright, but experiences vary.
    one time me and all my friends passed around a small bong packed full of it wit a butane, and all tripped out about a misplaced painting on the wall. there was no fucking painting. 8 minutes of the hardest laughter ever.

another time, i was in a car wit a friend, he was smokin bud, i hit the salvia. i made that motherfucker fly down a dark ass curvy road cuz the trees were doin the whole "lord of the rings thing" and trying to fucking read my mind and shit. tripped the fuck out ,and not in a good way.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.