Saint's Row - will this be FLOP or HOT??

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by V E R B, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

^THANK YOU

people be sayin EVERYTHING on the 360 is garbage graphics

i think they mad they cant afford it, and they just say shit
    test
  2. V E R B

V E R B Guest

remember, and always do...

ONLY the people who dont own one, talks shit about it.
    test
  3. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Exactly. You've got to be a complete moron to think a NEW console isnt gonna give you BETTER graphics. They're not gonna put this much money into it and give you the same shit as the last console.
    test
  4. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

And yes Saint's Row graphics are MORE than impressive. No sandbox game has looked this good, if you say otherwise you either havent played it, or need new goggles.
    test
  5. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I just got the demo, ill let yall know what I think.
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Im one of the people who talk shit, and I own one. I just dont think next gen systems made a significant leap in graphics.

Anyway, this game is good.

Only way to really look at it, is to compare it to GTA, since its a complete rip off.

Its much better.
    Better Graphics. Better maps (that guide you to locations).
    Better interior graphics.
    Completely destructable enviroments (hit gas pump and it blew up, along with car)
    Better hand to hand combat (first mission was me vs like 6 dudes hand to hand)
    The aiming is about the same, not great, but not worse.

Only downside is I havent noticed any motorcycles or any of the other novelty cars yet. I havent seen any really fun looking cars either. But I only have the demo.

Your character is FULLY customizable. Very very detailed create a player.

Game is more realistic. If you jack a car with 2 people in it, the 2nd person might stay in it til you crash or something. 1 Time the second person pulled a gun and started shooting at me.

Basically tho, its more of the same, same shit as GTA with the gang recruitment and everything. Just more realistic graphically and physically.
    test
  7. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i played the demo also, its definately not gonna be a flop considering how good GTA games do and this being better then what they've put out so far..

when you crash people come flyin out the car like they aint got seatbelts on, that shits hot, and like you said 2nd person pulled a gun on you, i like what ive seen so far
    i like the hand to hand fighting better, and is there an auto-aim button?? i didnt notice if so i was aiming on my own, i like it better that way i think it makes it harder and more fun

graphics of characters and enviroment is waaay better in my opinion

i can only imagine what gta4 will bring now, cause you know gameplay wise and enviroment wise they will step it up, especially with this game coming in with competition
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

In all honesty tho, while Saints Row seems fun at first glance, and while its definitely better than GTA in most aspects, I was tired of the game after playing the demo once. Its really just more of the same, and its SO similar to GTA, it was kind of a bore lol.

Yeah, no autoaim, shit is hitman style. I do prefer that style too, autoaim be flipping all over the place.

I dunno, it might be fun. I would say if you could still sit down and play GTA, youll love this game, but if GTA bores you to death, you might wanna, ironically wait for GTA4, when they truly innovate the franchise again.
    test
  9. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i dunno, demo was good to me for what i played, i think i could have the patience to play through the game once it drops, i got shit else to do with free time anymore lol
    test
  10. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

After playing the demo I'm not sure.

Yes many of the aspects of this game are a complete rip of GTA. I think while this game has more features (as it should new console and a higher price tag), I still feel GTA is the better game. Dialogue and collision detection thus far are better on GTA SA in my opinion. Will I get this game? most likely but I had hoped that this game would be a little more innovative and less what we experienced on a past console.
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Dialogue maybe, but GTA had the worst collision detection, ive possibly ever seen in a ps2 game.
    test
  12. Jabba-Jaw

Jabba-Jaw Custom User Title

downloaded the demo. the game is garbage.

too cartoony. i know the GTA series is kinda cartoony but this is ridiculous. i've never seen a white female gangbanger dressed like they in some fucking college. the only enjoyable aspects are what we've had already from GTA. graphics aren't brilliant.

another game, another embarrassing mockery of black street culture. in the words of what someone in the game would probably say, "this shit is straight up motherfuckin wack bitches y'all! wassup dawg let's get some gin n juice motherfucker yall bitches!"
    test
  13. Jabba-Jaw

Jabba-Jaw Custom User Title

plus in my experience certain games companies make shit games, i.e. electronic arts. THQ is one of them also
    test
  14. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

Right .. now the demo is available.
    I made my opinion based on video footage on a disc of an xbox360 mag (shot at E3) ... the video had a street brawl with the character hitting one guy cleanly and he didn't flinch whilst he swung 3 random punches and a guy behind him fell over .. that is dodgey collision detection in my eyes.
    The graphics (although lower res as it's a recording) really didn't inspire me.
    The gameplay .. as everyone has mentioned is just the same old GTA play.
    The whole plot and theme of the game doesn't do anything for me either.

As for this "you bash it cos you can't afford one" .. WTF? .. my gamer tag is in the sticky .. I have a 360 .. and no .. I'm not impressed to the point I want to ejaculate all over it like some people be doing .. I'm not even bashing the 360 .. it's a great console .. early games aren't going to be jaw dropping in visuals as the developers haven't got to grips with the hard/soft-ware .. wait til next year though .. that's when games will really start to show the 'next-gen look' ..

As for Saints Row .. I stand by what I said .. any gamer worth their salt (wanting originality and innovation) will avoid this title .. it won't flop in regards to sales because there's a big audience for this game (see earlier post for description).
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.