Saints Row just finished the Demo! immma cop this.

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by VishTaphney, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I like it better then GTA big time its easier to control and it just seems like it has a overall better story...they put alot of effort into this.

i like how you can have homeys roll with you and shit and build up your rep...shit that gta doesnt have.

good game overall.
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Ummm GTA had all that shit plus more lol. Iunno, I gotta feeling anyone who gets the shit gonna be mad bored with it mad quick, unless the online play is fun, but given the shitty controls and weak aiming of them type of games, im sure it will be quite gay.
    test
  3. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

I know I'm going to buy it already, but realistically I dont see how this isn't a bite off the GTA series. Hell, even the getting a mission structure is the same (going into the glowing circle infront of a door, or in a parking lot). One thing I found in the game is if u tap sprint rather than hold it, it last twice as long just like in GTA....Thats something I thought was real strange obviously they could've written that out but they chose not too, hmmm.
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I have to agree with OZ.

I'm waiting for GODFATHER. GTA type of GAMES are PLAYED!
    test
  5. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

lol @ godfather not being a gta spin off, just with a movie storyline

every game in that genre can be considered a gta rip off, but yet every racing game dont get labeled, only this genre gets labeled as spin offs
    test
  6. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

who gives a heck of gta is the orignal...some people like mortal kombat,over street fighter ya know?

gta has always been way to tough for me to control and i hated some of there missions like those damn shooting while riding a car...some missions took me ages to beat...just like that ridiculous helicopter mission haha.

saints row seems legit i like the create a character.
    test
  7. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

It aint the fact that they are spin offs, that aint why I dislike it. I dislike it, cause its an exact replica. It feels like a game I been playing for years, when I was playing it for the first time. Bored the shit out me.
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I knew someone was gonna say that. I knew some lame dick-head would make that connection.

Big difference between... Saint rows and godfather.

So sick of using ghetto characters jailed prisoners... Time to bring some class to the killing. Or in godfathers case class to the family.

You can rough up people like the mafia does Unlike just beating up people for noreason... And the game has a great story line... Unlike GTA games and saint rows.

You can't make that connection to godfather... How else would you play the game? Or For that matter... scar face? They aren't GTA rip offs they are story-line games that should have been made long before pointless GTA.
    test
  9. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

of course i played godfather, what im saying is gameplay wise is basically the same
    i already beat godfather, i loved it, but im not gonna buy it again for 360 now thats pointless

scarface i will buy

and saints row is still a great game
    yes its very alike to the last GTA, but the storyline is different regardless, ill play it through

ps: GTA is a storyline game to lol.. its just not based on a movie
    test
  10. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

yup i been waiting for this game for about a year and a half...the multiplayer is gonna be crack
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I don't want that storyline... I want godfather storyline... WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I JUST HAVE THAT without you questioning how I percieve the differences?

Godfather in my mind should have been done along time ago... Which makes it unlike GTA and more like hitman. If I had to compare to a video game... It be hitman. Halo is like 007 game-playing-wise... But they aren't similar.

Get it? Fuck saint's row.
    test
  12. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

who the fuck said you had to want that storyline?
    better yet who the fuck cares?
    im not asking your personal opinion

you basically said GTA isnt a storyline game, and neither is saints row, but both are, godfather is just a movie storyline, which i might add is repetitive as fuck as a game, yes it was fun for the first 4-5 hours but thats it

scarface i will also cop, and will enjoy, i feel scarface will be better then the godfather one but we'll have to see

ps: godfather is the same type of shit, gangs.. just back when they were "families".. and you extort business, a new edition to that type of game

oh yeah and hitman is NOTHING like godfather.. not even close
    your better off comparing GTA and godfather
    test
  13. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Well actually the last 3 kinda were based on movies, they just didnt have liscenses to go overboard. GTA3=is Godfather/Goodfellas inspired with all the italian gangs. Vice City was quite blatantly Scarface inspired and San Andreas was Boyz in the Hood inspired.
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

GTA has a storyline, but its so cliche, poorly told and irrelevent to the games nobody gives a fuck about it.
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You questioned my opinion. FUCK THAT! Its a opinion not historical fact. No, GTA is a storyline just not the one I want, It is a rip off.cop scarface... GOOD FOR FUCKING YOU! Yeah well, in godfather you can tight-wire necks just like in hitman... And in the mafia you are considered a hitman, difference you're a Mob hitman! GTA is poorly done and godfather the movie was excellent so to exprience the game will be total zen for me.

I can't get the same feel for saint's row.
    test
  16. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

GTA is crack....

I just bought another copy of san andreas this weekend as a matter of fact...

I fucked with it since back on PS1 with the overhead cam....

Since that point there hasn't been a game like it prior to it's release... and the success formula is still being ripped off....

Anyone who says they don't like GTA that i have met said so because it was too hard for them...

My advice.....Use a code, theres about a hundred of them....

Only one of those games that will be crack is obviously Scarface...

Why....?

Because it's fuckin' scarface, but still nothing should ever be takin away from san andreas...

The motion capture and the voice go hand in hand and at times it looks like two niggaz i know havin' a conversation
    test
  17. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

lol@ gta bein hard..that shit is boring..and its dam near identical to GTA3...and the shooting is ass...u cant enter alot fo buildings..its just watever to me...and im sorry but 90% of games based on movies are mediocre at best...godfather is no different..and scarface will be no different..they just know a bunch of scareface/godfather fans will go out and buy it...just becuases its " scarface" ..which is exactly wat they want u to do...they dont even have to make a good game...cuz yall will buy that shit regardless...
    test
  18. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

^ haven't read a post of yours I don't agree with .. lol ..

anyways .. nah .. SR is not for me .. enjoy it though .. the multiplayer sounds good for fans of that genre ..
    test
  19. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i agree with your view on movie based games, thats to true

i know ill be one of them coppin scarface just because haha
    test
  20. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

its just a different in preference...

I only own a console for madden......period..

Anything else is a bonus to me....

I used to have subscriptions to gamepro and igm to keep up with whats comin' out but fuck it....that shit too expensive to keep up with when u get older and have real life shit like bills and things....

I just can't see how ma'fuckas don't like GTA...

I kno females that STILL play that and i ain't known a female to play any kind of video game..

I find that people that don't like GTA are them final fantasy, magic the gathering playin ass folks...

Can't enjoy a game a game unless someone from japan animated the characters and ma'fuckaz got pink, purple, and blue hair....

Those shits are pure garbage.....tell me whats fun about pausin' in the middle of a battle, going through nine menus, all to throw one punch...

now thas garbage..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.