Saigon on Young Jeezy

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Mask2MyFace2, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

[youtube]G5cDyj5csvU[/youtube]

thoughts?
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

wow. Saigon you piece of shit. You're 10 times the MC that Jeezy is, and you're giving him props? How the fuck was Jeezy the creator of Ad-Libs? That shit isn't new at all! so he says YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH before, during and after every fucking verse. Who gives a shit? Why should this faggot be getting props for that? Fuck Jeezy, and just for saying this shit, Fuck saigon.
    test
  3. Mask2MyFace2

other opinions other than "fuck jeezy"?
    test
  4. adverse

adverse Active Member

g.o.a.t.
    test
  5. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

Mask do you really consider Jeezy a talented lyricist? I think you should enter reality and see that Jeezys lyrics are simple as all hell, I've never heard him drop a quotable verse..He has a catchy flow, ad libs, and great production, but don't get it fucked up, he is a horrible excuse of an MC..
    test
  6. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

lmao u mad aintcha
    test
  7. -Paper Chase-

No, hes right..just because we don't respect garbage rappers with no talent like Gucci Mane and Young Jeezy doesnt mean we're mad
    test
  8. Stez

Stez New Member

lol I dont give a fuck what Saigon says, its not gonna make me like Jeezy. Saigon is a great MC and ill bump him all day, but Jeezy is straight trash.
    test
  9. illustrate

illustrate watch my shoes

Gucci Mane and Young Jeezy fie nigga fuck u talkin bout

u sure as hell sound like u mad

cause one of your favorite rappers likes a nigga u hate

so u hate it

fuckin hater

lol nigga called Saigon a piece of shit for givin jeezy props

*shakes head*
    test
  10. Mask2MyFace2

yep, Jeezy is very talented but you don't have to take my word for it. I been saying he was hot since he came out with his first gangsta grillz which was Streetz Is Watchin. and that was like 2003 or 04. Andre 3000 & Mos Def are my favorite rappers but I believe Jeezy is extremely clever and he's also one of my favorites.

His flow is almost flawless, his mic presence is one of the best. Ad libs? whatever...doesn't really mean too much to me...as far as ATL goes you can trace that back to Pastor Troy. Production? he uses producers everybody uses. You say he is simple, and he may be, but simple doesn't equal wack and that's what people on this board don't understand. You can rhyme multi syllables all you want, drop your "knowledge" on me with your technique and still be wack as hell.

ya boy Saigon, the underground hero...Mr. My Album Is Better Than Illmatic, just stated that Jeezy was the best out right now, that's the reality and the point of the thread.

so with that said...what do you have to say about that? other than "fuck Jeezy" of course.
    test
  11. Mask2MyFace2

you are a fucking faggot. Last thread you were talking about intelligent rappers like Saigon don't get the props and should be played etc. and then two seconds later you switch like a bitch. Why did you switch? Cuz he said that he likes Jeezy? Go find yourself...bandwagoner, Tony Taylor

you mad as hell for no reason at all.
    test
  12. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I didn't diss saigon because he likes Young Jeezy. I dissed him because He claims that Jeezy made the ad-lib thing popular and called Jeezy an innovator because of it. There is nothing innovative about what Jeezy spits. Ad-libs have been around forever.

Yes, I respect saigon as an MC. Hes a great rapper, but that doesn't mean I'm going to agree with everything the guy says. And right here, I completely and totally disagree with everything he said in this interview.
    test
  13. -Paper Chase-

Saigon isn't one of my fave rappers..he barely cracks top 40..and theres no use in me argueing with you and Mask, I don't like rappers with simplistic ass verses..while Gucci and Jeezy's flow might be on point, they might have great mic presence, they have that charisma and swagger that you guys love, I still don't respect their lyrical ability.. I like more complex lyricists..Jay Z, Copywrite, Pharoahe Monch, Big Pun, Tonedeff, KRS One, thats just a glimpse of the type of MCs that are quality in my mind..and you cant tell me that lyrically Jeezy and Gucci Mane don't pale in comparison compared to MCs like this..its all a matter of taste, I'll fuck with Jeezy and Gucci Mane when Im drunk chillin with a bitch or something, but thats it..
    test
  14. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

It's not necessarily about technique. I've heard plenty of one syllable rhyme styles that are lyrically complex, like Illogic, Raekwon, or pretty much just about any golden age rapper. It's all about how you present what you're trying to say. Jeezy just comes out and says, I sell drugs and kill people, in every verse, no exceptions. There's no depth in his lyrics. His songs are one listen type songs, you listen to 'em once, and you'll get everything you possibly can out of it. Personally, I like songs that appreciate. I like to listen to song over and over again and get something new out of it every time. So I won't say Jeezy sucks, he IS a skilled emcee, he's got charisma, flow, a nack for picking out nice beats, but his lyrics are about as deep as a puddle...

P.S. Lyrics aren't everything, just because you prefer someone sacrafice fundamental rhythm and rhyme for the sake of lyricism doesn't make you better than the dude that prefers someone sacrafice lyricism for the sake of fundamental rhythm and rhyme (I think that's the longest single sentance I've ever constructed)...
    test
  15. illustrate

illustrate watch my shoes

you know what

i can respect that right there

your other post was on some bullshit

but least this one was real

i cant hate u for havin an opinion u feel me

if thats what u like aye fuck it dat wuzup

jay and pun some of my favorites 2

but Gucci and Jeezy couple of my favs too well Jeezy really

Gucci gettin there

and i can tell u they dont "pale in comparision"

cause to me lyrics aint jus bout multi's and rhymin 3 words in one bar

its bout what you say

and Gucci and Jeezy speak alotta shit i feel

so they lyrics fie' to me aint shit wrong wit em
    test
  16. I see his point...but Jeezy sucks...
    test
  17. -Paper Chase-

Word up..everyone got different taste, sometimes people on this forum forget about that..and multi's are dope, but I don't think you need to use multi's to be dope..I just really like when it seems like MCs really put their time and hard work into their lyrics..when some one drops a line and you're just like whaat how the hell did he think of that?! Ya know, the wow factor.. I've never heard Jeezy or Gucci drop anything remotely close to that, that's why I don't respect them as lyricists, but that's just my personal preference..what I look for in a rapper ain't the same as you guys, but I ain't mad haha..
    test
  18. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

i actually agree with you, think about the fukkin Wu-Tang ad libs from back in the day n shiit, he yells one word, and drags it out and that is something Saigon gives him props for? That ain't art, anyone can fukkin do that. And I mean absolutely anyone, i cringe when I see great artists like Saigon give props to lazy generic rappers that I can hardly even call artists.
    test
  19. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

Gospel
    test
  20. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

its always the square nigggas or the dudes who aint neva been on the block that claim jeezy aint sayin nothin

just like how dudes be hatin on plies but he be sayin a lotttttttta real shit..i heard some tracks on his cd today that made me feel like he was reading my mind

fuck what u heard, its ALWAYS some real shit in the street music that yall hate..

its gay how dudes can sit on they ass listening to copywrite talk about raping hitch hikers and stabbing em with toothpicks but they cant appreciate real hood music that speaks about the block and whats goin on out here

and they got the nerve to question OUR taste..fuck on with that shit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.