Sacred name movement destoryed

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

So are the non factual claims u make in the op
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

They changed it to Jesus to honor Zues in 1611? You're kidding right?

I find it extremely hard to believe that the Greek Orthodox Church changed the name to honor Zues. I find it harder to believe that all of Christendom would follow suit.

On some level, you have to think logically about these "facts" and realize that the argument is taking water.
    test
  3. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

I agree with this. It just doesn't make sense and the evidence doesn't add up. There are people like Bart Ehrman that have dedicated their lives to Textual Criticism and wrote books like Misquoting Jesus and others to try and tear down Christianity. He is a Greek Scholar at UNC and he'd never make that Jesus = Zeus claim because he knows it doesn't hold water.

Thanks for the welcome Coup I haven't watched your video yet but I will. I was mostly commenting based off the original video posted. Yours is quite long so I'll need some time to really pay attention to it.
    test
  4. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i don't know, it makes sense to me that they would want to hide His real name and have it more closely represent something else other than His actual name

if it was Yeshua (Yahshua) same/similar pronunciation, why jesus? different sound entirely

gee zoos or ye/ya shoo ah

you mean ancient greeks never made those sounds? (ya, shoo or ah)
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Random, anytime bruh!

And I HIGHLY recommend that video "what's wrong with the name of Jesus"

It will bring a lot of common sense and shows a lot. Once you finish it I would like to know what you think about it!

The Father warns us of changing His name into baal (Lord) over and over.

IN scriptures I can think of 3 times where when wise Hebrews went into captivity or what not, the rulers of that nation changed their names to rep their idols. The new names literally had idols in them. It's not hard to fathom, because that is what happened!

and Jezeus is neither a translation or a transliteration. Rather a Hellenization.

Most the prophets and all Hebrew names mean something to do with our Father. IsaYAH, JerimiYAH, ELzkiel, etc..
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Whooo? What are you talking about. We have original copies. We know what it says. If u want to know how it got to jesus watch the video. Ur assuming based literally on nothing but coups word for it. He didnt study it, hes just quoting what the website told him.
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

The Hebrew Bible has yeshu‘a; when the Septuagint authors rendered this name in Greek, they rendered it as Іησους (I**ēsous, with no hint of yah at the beginning of the name); and the same can be said of the Peshitta translators when they rendered Yeshua’s name into Syriac (part of the Aramaic language family). All this is consistent and clear: The original form of the name Jesus is yeshu‘a, and there is no such name as yahshu‘a (or, yahushua or the like).

According to the late A. B. Traina in his Holy Name Bible, “The name of the Son, Yahshua, has been substituted by Jesus, Iesus, and Ea-Zeus (Healing Zeus).”

In this one short sentence, two complete myths are stated as fact: First, there is no such name as Yahshua (as we have just explained), and second, there is no connection of any kind between the Greek name I**ēsous (or the English name Jesus) and the name Zeus. Absolutely none! You might as well argue that Tiger Woods is the name of a tiger-infested jungle in India as try to connect the name Jesus to the pagan god Zeus. It is that absurd, and it is based on serious linguistic ignorance.

Although it is claimed that the Encyclopedia Britannica says that “the name Ieusus (Jesus) is a combination of 2 mythical deities, IEU and SUS (ZEUS, a Greek god)” it actually says no such thing. This is a complete fabrication, intentional or not. In short, as one Jewish believer once stated, “Jesus is as much related to Zeus as Moses is to mice.”

Unfortunately, some popular teachers continue to espouse the Jesus-Zeus connection, and many believers follow the pseudo-scholarship in these fringe, “new revelation” teachings. Not only are these teachings and practices filled with error, but they do not profit in the least. So, to every English-speaking believer I say: Do not be ashamed to use the name JESUS! That is the proper way to say his name in English—just as Michael is the correct English way to say the Hebrew name mi-kha-el and Moses is the correct English way to say the Hebrew name mo-sheh. Pray in Jesus’ name, worship in Jesus’ name, and witness in Jesus’ name. And for those who want to relate to our Messiah’s Jewishness, then refer to him by His original name Yeshua—not Yahshua and not Yahushua—remembering that the power of the name is not in its pronunciation but in the person to whom it refers, our Lord and Redeemer and King.
    test
  8. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

original copies of what? you know what what says?

how long is the video?
    test
  9. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

payback, how can you know how I know anything ?

It's from the Most High. All praise to Him. HalleluYAH
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Cus no one that studies ancient language would even entertain the idea cus its retarded. We know how we got the name jesus from joshua, from yeshua. Its not rocket science. There is no base to your claim.
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

if jesus name isn't jesus christ.. then

who is the anti-christ they speak of in the bible?
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

test
  13. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i think i gotta watch this video but i still don't see how the hell you get "jesus" from Yeshua

i mean it does not resemble it in any way whatsoever

not phonetically or nothing
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

Yeshua people are trying to build a case with no proof from the New Testament. Again, the New Testament was not written in Hebrew but rather in Greek and translated directly into English for our English speaking society to read. So Almighty God wanted the known Greek speaking inhabited world at that time of the first century to know the name of Messiah, which brings salvation, healing and power over demons, to be "Iesous" (or Jesus in English) and not "Yeshua." If God wanted the Jewish writers of the New Testament to use Yeshua they would have but they didn't. To say Yeshua means "salvation" is not a clear connection to the Savior from Nazareth. It doesn't identify the one who shed his blood on the cross of Calvary, rose from the dead and is coming back again, as the NT identifies Jesus of Nazareth.
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

I like to ask the Yeshua people the following: Would you please give us a Bible verse from the Hebrew Scriptures that tells us Messiah's name is Yeshua? None have ever done so or ever will since Yeshua is never found in the OT or NT in reference to Messiah. Messiah is never identified by name in the Hebrew Old Testament Scriptures.

Regarding the Jewish Messianic ministries, we have learned that some of them emphasize the word "Yeshua" to such a degree that they say this is the name in which salvation is found and not Jesus. (Furthermore, many of them also believe in the heresy of eternal security!)
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

To the millions of people that have been saved, healed and delivered from sin, sickness and demons because of the precious name of Jesus these aforementioned types of attacks on the Savior's name are most disturbing. I for one am no longer passive about this as I once was. At least many, if not all, Yeshua people are spreading amazing lies, fabrications and misinformation about the name that makes demons shudder and brings salvation and therefore they need to be corrected and opposed.
    For The Record

Jesus is not derived from the pagan source of Isus.
    Jesus is not a false name.
    Jesus is not of pagan origins.
    Jesus is not a false name for Messiah.
    Jesus is not a twice-removed translation of the name.
    Jesus is not merely a name used by boastful Christians who killed Jews.
    Jesus is not being used for the sake of (antitorah, antijewish) tradition.
    There is no emphasis in the Bible to restore to the Savior His Jewish identity.
    Jesus is the only name in which salvation is found (Acts 4:12).
    test
  17. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

what's your birth name, lyrical? if you don't mind sharing it
    test
  18. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

The name James is Diego in Spanish, those don't sound anything alike, either. Plus, iirc James is from Jacob, Yahkov or something similar. Names get butchered when translated across languages. Especially when those languages are not very closely related.

Y'all need to learn something, real talk.
    test
  19. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

This is one of the straws that broke the proverbial camel's back for me when I was stressing over this situation a few years ago. This was an outright lie on when that Encyclopedia supposedly said this and when I found out that it was never in there I was like now who is trying to deceive who? If the connection is true then why manufacture false evidence? It should be easily found.
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

Good thing we have hebrew, and greek lexicons.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.