Ryan Reynolds diet. (20lbs of muscle, cut to 3% bodyfat in 6 months)

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ed E Brock, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Watching Blade Trinity for the 3rd time or so last night I decided to try to find anything I could on Ryan Reynold's workout routine or diet to get in the shape he did considering he was my size not too long ago and I have a problem putting on weight.

Before & After pictures moved to next post.

So, since I'm a nice guy - i'll share: (i understand we all can't have personal trainers, but... this is certainly attainable)

Celebrity Muscle - Ryan Reynolds
    Ryan Reynolds shares the diet plan he used to slice his bodyfat to 3 percent

What if your boss told you to gain 20 pounds of muscle and lose a third of your body fat? Most of us would end up in the unemployment line, but Ryan Reynolds did as he was told to prepare for his role as a cut vampire killer in Blade: Trinity. Here are his tips for sculpting a six-pack--on a full stomach.
    Eat More
    "I attribute my results mostly to nutrition," Reynolds says. (See "What He Eats," below, for a sample menu.) He ate every 2 to 3 hours to burn more fat. "Your body doesn't need to store fat for energy if you're feeding it all the time," explains Bobby Strom, Reynolds's Los Angeles-based trainer.
    Mix It Up
    "I gained a lot more muscle mass when I went on creatine," says Reynolds. He also took L-glutamine, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), whey, and a multivitamin.

Go For Bulk
    Reynolds doesn't have a personal chef, so he cooks meals in advance. For instance, he'll make a large supply of Irish steel-cut oatmeal and freeze it. That way, the most important meal of the day requires the least work.
    Carve With Carbs
    "Never do any of that carve-starve crap," Reynolds says. Instead, watch the clock. He ate most of his carbohydrates postworkout, and none after 8 p.m.
    Think About Yourself
    "If you hate your workout, you're not going to do it," explains Reynolds. Customize your fitness plan to meet your needs. He found it "meditative" to do ab exercises first instead of last.

What He Eats

Breakfast 2 eggs, some "good" fat like a spoon of almond butter or slice of avocado, and 1 cup of oatmeal with applesauce

Midmorning snack protein bar

Lunch albacore tuna wrap or chicken and salad

Midafternoon snack protein shake (whey and water), protein bar, or apple and almonds

Dinner broiled fish or chicken, brown rice, vegetables, and salad

Evening Snack protein shake
    test
  2. Ed E Brock

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

from an interview:

RYAN REYNOLDS: It's ridiculous. “Muscle and Fitness” magazine was interviewing our trainer.

JESSICA BIEL: They wanted to do a story on our training. They said, “Well, we're really interested in Jessica but we're just not so sure about Ryan because of the ab implants.”

RYAN REYNOLDS: They thought it was just prosthetics on my stomach!

DAVID GOYER: He's got like an 18-pack instead of a 6-pack.

RYAN REYNOLDS: It's true. They didn't believe it.

JESSICA BIEL: They really thought he had ab implants.

RYAN REYNOLDS: Four months after we finished shooting, I'd been in New Orleans shooting another movie and my agent and I were having a bite to eat – actually in London – and he's sitting there and goes, “Wow, I just can't believe how ripped you are.” And I pulled up my [shirt] and my gut flopped over. And he just looked like he wanted to cry. “How?!”
    test
  3. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

dude was ripped in that movie.

good shit. that's pretty much what im going for...

just confused how much i should gain before i cut down....

do you know his stats? height, weight?
    test
  4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

That's not 3% dick.

At 3% you would stridations on his face and you can only mantrain that percentage for a couple of hours, at most.
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Rippy, do me a favor and put the pics in the second post. Thanks.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I maintain 6% body fat easily... without even trying to.

Ive had 6% body fat for like 7-8 years
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Thats the exact some Build I want!!!!

Props for the interview BROCK....I am dumb cause I had the magazine of MENS FITNESS with him on the cover before blade 3 came out! but I never read it I wish I should have kept it...

I have a hard time getting ripped and hard....maybe its my diet.

but you can tell that guy is pure lean muscle....
    test
  8. Ed E Brock

Oh. Well, I guess I SHOULD take your observation over a world famous personal trainer's words and knowlege....

dick.
    test
  9. Purple Haze

You should, I've seen 3% on a pro boybuilder. Stradiations out the ass and everything. You can't get lower than 3% without dying reason being that your internal organs are coated in fat a little bit to function.

He wouldn't have enough energy to act and h would dehydrated as fuck because at 3% you have to deplete your body of water which is why you can only hold it for so long.

He's at 6% in those phoos, mybe 5%.

Do your research.
    test
  10. LikeWise3001

yeah, he isnt 3% in those pictures...

he may have been for the movie though.... i dunno about dying
    test
  11. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

Pretty impressive. I don't think I could ever be that size. Even if I got really cut I'd be quite a bit bulkier. Any clue about what his workouts consisted of?

Oh...and he's hot too.
    test
  12. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

you are correct man...

body builders are at their weakest during contest time...because they cut out carbs and their strength goes they have to lower their body fat in order for the muscles to show so they are mainly skin an muscle and the face will look drained like a skeleton sometimes.

this is extremely unhealthy to be at 3 percent especially for women...right after contest time bodybuilders are required to go back to eating and drinking fluids to replensih themselves.

the dude is probally 6 or 7 percent bodyfat...the personal trainer fibbed a bit to build up the actor sometimes people do that.
    test
  13. Ed E Brock

"Celebrity Muscle - Ryan Reynolds
    Ryan Reynolds shares the diet plan he used to slice his bodyfat to 3 percent"

But again, I'm sure the world famous trainer or mens health...a magazine that's quite common with men's health don't know what they're talking about.

lol
    test
  14. LikeWise3001

dont believe everything you read....
    test
  15. Purple Haze

The word gulliable is not in the dictionary Rippy.
    test
  16. Ed E Brock

Random fact?

Yes, I know the word "gulliable" is not in the dictionary.

It's nothing personal fellas, but I'm naturally and logically inclined to take a Millionare that trains celebrities and athletes knowlege over a few kids that hit the gym 3 times a week and post on the internet 95% of the day.

Know what I mean?
    test
  17. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Yeah, I noticed he went from being weedy to a hench cunt out of no where.

That's pretty much what I'm aiming for. A bit bigger.
    test
  18. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Yeah that's a good size.
    test
  19. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

This man speaks the truth...i was gonna come in here and say something after reading the title...
    test
  20. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

Go ahead and continue being ignorant if you'd like. If you knew anything about bodybuilding, you would realize there is a lot of bullshit being published in those magazines. That is NOT 3%...yes, he has a nice build...if i were to guess, i would say 7%.

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.