---===[[[RWZ Cypher Battle League ]]]===---

Discussion in 'Cypher' started by JASON ANTHONY, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

It won't happen.One of the other gigantic untruths is that there's a difference between text and audio other than vocal inflection,delivery,etc.The bars you write in a text league should be exactly the same bars that you spit live.No difference.The fact that some think there IS a legit difference is indicative of their failure to understand actual complete quality lyricism and the writing thereof,OR it's their inaccurate PREFERENCE,OR a combination of the two.The categories are an incredible help and aid.I've battled with categories for YEARS.Almost NEVER did the issues that you're concerned about arise,as everybody was on the same page from the gate.
    test
  2. G Force

G Force Member

Sorry to piss on your bonfire but i don't think this will happen. Heads will just see the amount of stuff written in this thread and think 'fuck it, can't be arsed'.
    test
  3. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

This thread was mostly for ideas. I'll have an official sign up thread later.
    test
  4. G Force

G Force Member

Ok cool - i like the idea of it just my only concern is.. what time constraints are you thinking of implementing in terms of how long your giving people to drop their verses(as there are more lines involved than say, your conventional comp verse)?
    test
  5. JASON ANTHONY

I'm not sure yet. I'm only a spokesman for this shit and I don't have a whole lot of experience. Hopefully TaC, Deth, or LP can touch on that.
    test
  6. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

tell me, Deth, how long have you been active on rm? i mean posting almost daily? how many leagues have you been apart of? how many have you helped run? how many have you ran? since i showed up in 2008, ive probably been the most active text head. dont tell me what isnt true about text. i was in the RBL when it was mostly talented heads, not this new wave of battlers who watch grindtime and try to emulate them. shit is different. in audio/live you can change the way words rhyme, you can break up the lines better. ive seen you, amongst other people write their verses in paragraph form and expect us to know where one line ends and the next begins. dont fuckin tell me shit about text.

i've ran the RSTL for over 80 weeks, how long have you ran a league?

jason, what i think you should do is jus have seperate tourneys.

have an 8 week battle tourney
    8 week topical
    8 week pic battles
    etc
    test
  7. JASON ANTHONY

Won't the amount of weeks depend on the turn out?
    test
  8. Tacky Jones

well yeah. i was jus throwing numbers out. could do double elimination though if the turn outs weak.
    test
  9. G Force

G Force Member

Deth does have a good feel for things. I've been in tourneys with him on other sites over the last 8 years including illbattle, Emcee Battle, LiveMicSociety and others. I was the mod of text battles on EmceeBattle for two years (so have a good idea how things run) and my main concerns for setting up a tourney with the scale of writting that has been mentioned are:

1. I have only ever seen a 3 round battle where each writter does an average of 48 bars per verse done on its own (not a tourney).
    2. Each of these battles with this many bars takes at least 2 weeks for all verses to be dropped (most take even longer).
    3. Due to the above facts the tournament will lose interest because battles will take for ever and then you have to wait for peeps to vote and there will be a high probability they won't coz they've totally fallen asleep by then.
    test
  10. Tacky Jones

48 bars for a battle verse? wow. thats overkill
    test
  11. G Force

G Force Member

yeah and THREE VERSES! I am doing a battle with Deth over the same length which is fine coz we've been planning that battle since Christmas but to have a tourney of that length for each battle, i reckon is mental.
    test
  12. Tacky Jones

seriously, most weeks i have trouble doing 12 lines. especially if i dont know the person well.
    test
  13. G Force

G Force Member

Yeah i get you..when i got drawn in to that three way battle with Jai-Z and Raz it took me longer than nomral to write against them coz i was new here and didn't know anyone.
    test
  14. JASON ANTHONY

Jeff said no more leagues. Sorry guys.
    test
  15. Tacky Jones

i hate to say it, but...
    test
  16. JASON ANTHONY

say it or gtfo