---===[[[RWZ Cypher Battle League ]]]===---

Discussion in 'Cypher' started by JASON ANTHONY, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Then you won't battle.
    test
  2. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

You PM'd be twice yesterday. Am I special?
    test
  3. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

word that's whassup
    test
  4. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

Yeah, my bad. I'm down.
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

test
  6. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Jason going Hammond sh*t damn man. Alright I'll PM you
    test
  7. JASON ANTHONY

Well if LP actually does what I asked everyone to do, we have 5 so far.
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

haha i did PM honest u didn't get it?

check it now
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

Oh and i think once a month RBL should CHALLENGE RWZ members to a batttle on eachother home turf..
    test
  10. Slim Calhoun

Slim Calhoun Perfected Hustle

i like this idea..but i was telling lyricalpriest my twise to this idea..

ok WWE has 2 shows.. Raw and Smackdown..its the same company but different rosters..then for monthly PPVs it makes it more interesting by the shows rosters facing off against each other..

i would say make RWZ 2 divisions..Battle format, and topical format..and he's my ideas for each format

Battle format: 3 rounds of 10line verses.. matches posted on monday..1st round verses due tues at midnight(the mod or person runnin the league will pick a random person to be first)..2nd rnd the opposite person goes first and so one..rnd 2 verse due by wed at midnight..rd3 due thurs..then voting up til sunday at midnight..this will open it up like street battle like format..where as the battlers can use the previous rounds to play off each other, hence givin the opportunity for more punches and definately alot more personals..then the voters will vote each round in a best of 3 format..

topical format: basically the same except 3 topical 20 line verses, in which the battler cant use the same topic more than once..

then for Monthy PPV events and such as riot is tryin to implement into the RBL..you could do interleague battles..

person 1 vs person 2(RBL Format/rules) 1verse due by friday..on..
    person 3 vs person 4(rwz battle format/rules)
    person 5 vs person 6(rstl format/rules) 1 verse due by friday..and so on..
    person 7 vs person 8(rwz topical format/rules)

would make it funner, and i think it would bring more actions and people into all the leagues..say the rwz champs loses to and RBL battler on rwz format rules..then rbl has the rwz's title til the next event..whereas battlers would be battling for the title shot not to defend the title..and all championships would be helped on the champions homefront..so like say and RWZ member could be the RBL Heavyweight champ for a month til the next event where he'd have to defend his glory..
    test
  11. JASON ANTHONY

I'm almost certain there will be posters participating in both.
    test
  12. JASON ANTHONY

This would be pointless since there are already two separate leagues at this very moment, one for battle and one for topical. They're called the RBL and the RSTL.

The whole point of combining is to eventually have a more fast paced league.
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

i think slim had some super points..

how many is that now ja almost 10 heads.. much faster then RBL sign in's that where up for about a year.
    test
  14. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I like the idea of a strict requirement, having no more or no less of a pre established line count for both the topicals and battles. This will serve a lot of purposes and in the end make the league stand taller.

Biased on the pacing of this league, 10 lines for battles and 28 for tropicals should make it reasonable to meet the time demands week in and week out. Also it would give all heads the same frame work in which to build and construct there respected verses out of.

I'm not above having limited topics each week either, where one topical theme or idea is standard for that week in which each head has to write; making it a challenge for all and to give room for others to really contrast and stand out ...or fall back. Voting would become more efficient as you really could compare verses against all elements of writing that this league is about more honestly and reasonably. One head might take a direction opposite of the other and this can easily been seen and measured...and ultimately weighed.

Just some thoughts.
    test
  15. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

are you on crack? riot put up the sign in thread and had like 20 heads in two weeks.
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

that's not true... there was a sign in thread already from way back that was dead as fuck.. riot diidd re-post the thread and sticky it and it got hit's pretty quickly..

are u on cracc?
    test
  17. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Q posted it a while back. but that doesnt mean shit. once Riot did it got hit quickly.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

mmmm hmmm wigga...
    test
  19. JASON ANTHONY

I have 5 on my list so far.
    test
  20. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I love this so far.Slim made some great points too.Slim are you in? I know G-FORCE informed me that he's coming too...and I think maybe we should chop the rounds down to 2 rounds per battle.3 may be a little much to ask when we're just starting out.We can still rotate format as the mods wish...2 battle rounds with flips one week,one battle round one topical round another week,2 topicals on yet another week,etc.I think 10 lines for a battle is too few.I think the 16-48 bar count is right,because it requires each lyricist to put up enough material to reasonably include most if not all of the requirements in the voting guideline...and this bar count+guideline+knowledgeable voters+voting challenges+mod supervising will force us to get better lyrically in all areas,keep voting fair and even,kill bytching,constantly refine our knowledge of the categories of real quality lyricism (we're still missing 5 categories,btw) and allow us to smash on all those other leagues that lack the weaponry versatility depth and breadth that we will develope in the RWZ.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.