---===[[[RWZ Cypher Battle League ]]]===---

Discussion in 'Cypher' started by JASON ANTHONY, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Gun bar round or trash can.

Kidding.

Or am I?
    test
  2. SkandalousWords

SkandalousWords New Member

hey Deth, i am here and ready to get back into the mix. I am down to participate. I would like to know what sort of time commitment is needed. I dont want to say I can then not be able to follow through ya know? and damnit someone on here has the name "skandal"
    test
  3. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Whaddup dawg! My manz SkandalousWords is amongst the Top 6 lyricists I have ever known.Been off awhile from the rap game? Scrape the rust off,dawg.Yeah the first post from the mods says this joint is like 8 weeks,and we'll be doing 3 rounds; like the IB old skool LGM battles.If it follows the old skool LGM battle approach? It's 24 hours for the first verse from each lyricist to be dropped,and 36 hours for all 3 verses to be dropped.Only 1 extension per month per lyricist is given and that extension is up to 24 hours.We oughtta be real comfy with this,although it'll require getting back into "prolific writing mode". The Topicals are likely to be decided by the mods,and the Topicals will be different for each battle (if it follows the old skool IB LGM rules).
    test
  4. DethStryque

Me too! Big selling point there!
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

TBH I like everything about this except the open mic bit.

I like the topicals a lot, this is my strength.

:popcorn:
    test
  6. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Open mic can be scrapped.

The reason for this thread was for everyone to ask questions and make suggestions. There's nothing wrong with doing either. It's wanted. If you'd like to see something else in the league, then voice it.
    test
  7. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

Im in. Sign me up.
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

i think that's 8 potential signee's already
    test
  9. DethStryque

Exactly.We can drop Open Mic if heads are not for it.If it's battle+topical? Cool with me.2 rounds battle with flips allowed,and 1 round topical.Maybe the week after that the mods flip it to 2 rounds topical,1 round battle.Mods can flip the format or keep the format however they see fit at the end/beginning of each week.They're the mods.Lol.But we gotta have at least more than one round in this tourney to differentiate it fully from the RBL.This idea has the potential to clearly crown the dopest overall lyricist onsite and give the once and for all Deth Stryque (ahem) to that stupid notion that lyricism is different from punching when punching is part of lyricism.The superior lyricist not only punches and does everything else too...the superior lyricist throws many TYPES AND STYLES of punches.Funny punches.Knowledge punches.Threats.The make you say DAAAYAMN punches.Slick punches based on smarts and wordplay and stuff****ep punches that touch your mind and heart.Etc.This league can feature those kinds of lyricists who are by definition superior to all others,but just as importantly? This tourney can birth and groom into powerhouses the kinds of knowledgeable voters who are also lyricists that can do will and show appreciation for the true skill it takes to show comprehensive ability in every category,and every regard.

Imho the material of too many verses are the same; they don't vary the subject matter or approach enough.The best way to show power versatility and lyricism is to have the option to show it.In battles where there's only 1 round blind drops,you're too limited to what the miniscule format demands.In 2and 3 round battles,we can MANDATE fairness versatility power and lyricism.Nobody can have the "advantage" of dropping first because you give up that "advantage" in the next round.Sooo say if me and LP battled? The order (should be mandatory) would be: DETH-LP-LP-DETH or vice versa.Nobody has an advantage then,as we each got to look at each other's verse and we each got a "blind drop" round too.And the 3rd round could be mandated to drop at a specific time of the mod's choosing (to prevent any ghost of cheating) or could be a mandatory reverse order of the preceding round,and even be of a different caliber than the preceding rounds.So if me and COUP battled 2 rounds of topical? The 3rd round would be a battle round and would feature the same order as round 1.Mods could make a battle-topical-battle or topical-battle-topical round,or 3 rounds battle or 3 rounds topical if they want.Point is? You lose any perceived advantage of going first or second. And if there's a question about an advantage as to who posts last in the 3rd round? The mods could mandate a specific time and date for the drops on round 3 ("All 3rd round drops must be submitted in 72 hrs from check in AT THE SAME TIME...9pm PST.If you can't make it at that time? Write your verse earlier and PM or email your verse to me,Mr. Mod.I'll post it for you.") or whatever.

We can stop heads from asking for extensions too often by saying you can only have an extension 1/month if the mod approves it.The RWZ is for real lyricists with real firepower and real material and real content and real creativity; we ain't down with that real bull$h!t that populates and contaminates too many other tourneys.
    test
  10. DethStryque

Word I think it is.Maybe Jason can suggest brackets for us to throw down in now?
    test
  11. JASON ANTHONY

[​IMG]

Everybody interested, please PM me so I can put you on the list!​

Once I have a good number of people, I will combine all our collective ideas and make a thread with rules, schedules, and match-ups.​

I will send out PM’s to posters who have signed up with me once I put the thread up.

Thank you.​
    test
  12. JASON ANTHONY

I spaced on your comment.

Yes, it will make voting a breeze and also satisfy the posters who don’t think every aspect of there drop was taken into consideration. I will stage the vote sheets at the beginning of each battle thread so posters can simply copy, paste, and make their choices. People who don’t use the format will simply have their posts moved to the trash bin.

I think the only aspect of the battle league I don’t like is the eventual clutter that will start to pile up on the first page. I’ll have to think of something…
    test
  13. JASON ANTHONY

Deth mentioned a news letter at one point.

Anybody interested in taking that on if the situation calls for it?
    test
  14. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

Possibly. Let me kno.
    test
  15. DethStryque

First? "I'll rape your pets" is a funny quote.Second...what clutter on the first page?
    test
  16. JASON ANTHONY

I mean this forum is a cypher forum first, and anything else 2nd. I don’t want my regular posters getting irritated at the mixture of open and closed battle threads and the normal cypher threads. I need to think of some way to have some method to the madness.
    test
  17. JASON ANTHONY

I haven't recieved a PM from you. Did you want me to put you on the list?
    test
  18. DethStryque

Makes sense.Why not sticky the battle threads in the area above the Cypher threads like you're doing with this League advertisement?
    test
  19. JASON ANTHONY

I'm thinking bigger.

I asked Jeff for a sub-forum.
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

this nigga just want me to PM him an shit

lol

no i wil not pm you
    test