---===[[[RWZ Cypher Battle League ]]]===---

Discussion in 'Cypher' started by JASON ANTHONY, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

The RWZ Cypher Battle league

An idea was brought to me by a few posters for a faster paced battle league. Nothing against the RBL, but I decide to make a thread gauging the responses of other posters on this issue. This thread is to ask questions or make suggestions for this league. If it turns out no one likes it, cool. We’ll scrap it and think of something else. The following is what we have so far. Feel free to add things or ask questions.

A) It would be a 3 round format
    - 1 round battle
    - 1 round Open Mic
    - 1 round Topical
    16-48 bars per round. MCs match/agree on bar length.

Suggestions?

B) 10 categories to judge battles.
    - Flow
    - Word play/Name play
    - Rhyme scheme
    - Punches
    - Personals
    - Humor
    - Vocabulary
    - Flips (in 2 round battles)
    - Creativity
    - Structure (legibility)

All 10 categories will not be needed for votes to be valid, but we would prefer the list be copy/pasted for your vote with the poster’s names filled in for each category you think they won. 11 categories may be needed in case there is a tie. The voters may also write an explanation under each category explaining their vote.

Suggestions?

C).Anybody on RM can vote as long as they use the 10 category copy and paste vote guideline. Votes may be challenged if the poster is suspect. Mods will handle the process and reserve the right to overrule a poster’s challenge.

Suggestions?

D).RWZ will run for 8 weeks.
    - 2 week free for all
    - 2 week Quarterfinals
    - 2 week Semifinals
    - 2 week Championship rounds

Suggestions?

Please post your thoughts.​
    test
  2. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

This is a GREAT IDEA,JASON!! I like that the format appeals to every textcee style on site.I suppose the Topical will be like a RSTL type thing or any other topic you mods come up with? Will the Topical requirements change every week? Will there be like...a shifting format? Say 3 rounds where it's 1 round Battle,1 round Open Mic,1 round Topical one week and the other week 2 rounds Battle with flips and 1 round Topical or Open Mic) The Topical.Open-Mic thing would let purely Cypher heads drop and compete on a even basis.

That means guys like Genthegod and Bar Nigga would be BEASTS and can win this whole thing.

Dawg,I LOVE THIS IDEA.I'm in.This joint will definitely crown the best writer and lyricist on RM.If you can challenge votes? It stops people from complaining.If you got definitions on stuff? It shows people right off top whassup so we're all on the same page.And that copy and paste idea for voting is GOLD.It'll break voting down into a 1-2 minute exercise cuz we'll know what every category is,and all we gotta do is put in the name of the rapper we think won that category.

Do we leave a explanation at the end of the vote or after each category? I think it should be at the end of the vote.It'll make stuff go fast.I'm HELLA DOWN for this!
    test
  3. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Love the idea.
    test
  4. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

test
  5. DethStryque

You said that about the RBL.You're wrong here,too.
    test
  6. Konflikt

Konflikt ●○●○●○●○●○●

I like the idea of the voting categories ..
    test
  7. JASON ANTHONY

Of course.

I don't know what this means.

Please rephrase this.

This is true.
    test
  8. JASON ANTHONY

And it loves you.
    test
  9. JASON ANTHONY

May not even start. We'll need at least 8 people to even start something.
    test
  10. Tacky Jones

...no I didnt
    test
  11. JASON ANTHONY

Smitty would love this.
    test
  12. JASON ANTHONY

We will need at least 8 people signed up to do anything. I will leave this thread stickied for 2 weeks. At the end of that time I will make a sign up thread. If there aren't enough people interested, we're scrapping this idea... for now anyway.
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

seriously, deth, where did i say that about the rbl? post a link

by the way, this wont last.
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

what deth mean's on the shifting idea is, the format of the 3 rounds would be randomized, that means u could have a topic/topic/topic week or a battle/battle/battle/ week and any other combo in between.

that's what he was tryna describe when u asked him to rephrase..

@ jason anthony

and.. I'm IN!!! 8 people? really? i bet we have 8 people by the end of the week..
    test
  15. JASON ANTHONY

Okay, I got it.

TaC, you sure you don't wanna run this?
    test
  16. Tacky Jones

Lol. Thanks for the offer, but I'm straight
    test
  17. DethStryque

It will last,and I'm in.That's 2 maybe three people already.And yeah Konflikt the categories thing is GENIUS.And yeah L.Pree nailed exactly what I meant; sorry for the poor phrasing! Hectic week.Missed my RBL battle too dealing with some challengers in sparring rematches.10 dudes came,5 stepped up to spar to submission or TKO,eventually all 10 stepped up.30 matches in 35 minutes.I stormed them all.The superheavyweight fell on the video cam and jacked it,we're trying to rescue the film but when we do? I'll put it up on my youtube channel.

And I'm hella down with this RWZ Cypher Battle League thing.Give it 2 weeks,we'll have enough lyricists and stuff.

Hey...this Open Mic thing...does this include Spoken Word? Like Poetry? So even poets could get in it? Or is it like...writing a song? Hooks and leave a link for music that we gotta write to? Or do you mods decide which it will be at the beginning of the week? And the Topical...yeah one week where it's like the RSTL will make it off the hinges.If the format shifts every week,then it'll always be fresh and unpredictable.It'll always be fun.Jason,that's a GREAT idea you got!!
    test
  18. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

If the open mic is posting you performing it, I'm fucked <__< I only have an iPod mic and a northern England accent, which if I try to change I sound like Canibus with down syndrome.
    test
  19. DethStryque

Nah I think you can write a song in text with a link to beats so readers and voters can see if you can actually flow what you write.Lololol Canibus with down syndrome.Lolololol.
    test
  20. JASON ANTHONY

I don't know... The open mic idea is kind of a hard one. I think the topical round would probably accomplish the same as the Open Mic round which would writing a verse to a topic and voting who did it best. We're not going to compare random verses. As far as poetry... Leave that shit in the poetry realm. Pretty please.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.