"Rules" for the First Date

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by M-theory, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I don't know if there has ever been a thread about this. Chances are that there probably has. Hopefully I can add a different spin on the subject.

No, this isn't a corny guide full of techniques aimed at giving women/men an upperhand at becoming the object of one's affection, though I think it would definitely be a bundle of help in that department. Actually, I want to get some of your opinions and your additions to the "rule set" as well. I'm doubt that I'm going to make a big list here (actually, I'll only start with 2), because I would like this thread to be as interactive as possible, and let the rules come as we get 'em... and we can debate 'em too. Plus I want that immediate satisfaction of having responses... how needy of me. I might as use the finger's length rule. That doesn't mean you can sleep with me though.

1. Even though I authorize the idea of debate for this thread... I definitely don't think that much good can ever come of having a pen-to-the-throat debate on the first date. I think it should be kept as minimal as possible, even to the fourth date (if you make it that far)... and yeah, most likely even further, haha... you know... I appreciate a good old fashioned debate every once in a while, but seriously... the only battle I'd like to have on the first date is a battle of wits. Yeah, so... you're a highly intelligent person, so you know a lot more than I do... you got 13 degrees... I don't really give a fuck.

2. You know the old take it easy, don't be afraid to speak, don't be nervous routine, and if you don't know it in the dating world, you sure should know it when you walk into a job interview... you seem to like to equate your first date to the equivalent of a job interview... it's only the first step, and hey... there are other jobs out there... but why in the hell must you ask so many questions? It's a date... you want to have fun... you want to have a good time.... can't you find something more interesting to have a conversation about than how you feel on a certain subject? This is how debates get started.
    Now, on one hand... some of these questions can be used as great tests by mostly women (oh OK... I did give the impression there wouldn't be any tidbits for either side.... my bad... actually you women already know this one and use it religiously, don't you? so here's a tidbit for the men).... on the other hand, guys... if you're the one asking these questions, you know how boring the conversation is going to be... you're destined to fail. You can't solve every conundrum thrown at you buy a woman, so why even try to... especially if you have no real answer to the question... don't act smooth and try to live up to it... instead, be smooth, and don't live up to it...
    I say, why must we rush into getting to know one another so soon, if in the end we don't know how fun the person could actually be? Quality conversation separates the real from the fake. It's at your discretion to decide what quality really is.

Remember: There are no "real" rules.
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

By the way, can I get some points for being so slick? Oh, you're slicker than I? Yeah, welll.... your mom's so slick, when she had you in the hospital, the doctor looked at you and your dad and whispered in her ear "He does know this baby isn't his, right?"
    test
  3. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

(3.) stir your dates drink with your finger
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.