RSTL Week 7 Mag

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by T.a.C, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

if you guys had left me on, i could've helped you with this. posting topics is easy. i don't see how this has lingered on for so long. its simple. post a thread with topics that the writers can choose while making sure those topics cover the general interests of all within the league.

like i said tac/ace, let me know if you ever need advice or help. i'm here. though i did specifically tell tac that i was against this, i also don't want to see you fail as a result of confusion or disgruntled participants. i have your backs.
    test
  2. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

this video collab shit is gay as fuck... i wish i had signed out... and btw i still cant see the video in my thread...
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

^double click it an it will open its youtube page in a new window
    test
  4. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

We could use the video collabs as an option in the future but right now there's way too many people that don't support them for me to think they're really gonna stay stable in this league.

Being that I am taking over topics, what I want to do is stick to Quotes, Pictures, Topics, and Titles. However, unlike in past leagues we will have only one of those per week (as we did these past few weeks). I don't like the idea of having all of them every week. Makes things too ordinary and boring. And quite frankly, it doesn't challenge you much when you can integrate a quote with a title and finish your piece off with a picture. Someone with very little talent can still write a good story/piece when he/she uses 3 different subjects. With just one of those subjects being chosen per week it'll challenge you more. I'll be sure to have enough of each though to have a good selection to choose from. I will explain more in the upcoming mag
    test
  5. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

agreed, if the topic(s) are too broad you can just write anything and then look thru the topics and choose which ones go with your piece

i practically do that already
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i don't agree. even if i did, forcing writers to choose only 1 topic would solve that issue. but do what you must.
    test
  7. Ace the Prophet

Choosing 1 topic is what I intend to do. Using just quotes or just pictures, for example, will test their skills more on how well one can use a quote or use a picture. I've got a few ideas too so we'll see what happens
    test
  8. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

id prefer multiple choices because there was only one quote and one pic i really felt like writing too both weeks... and i felt limited...
    test
  9. Ace the Prophet

I hear ya. I'll make sure the quotes are legit and that there's a broad choice of them. If you find some quotes you like be sure to submit them. Something I might try in the future is to add atleast one quote from each user that submitted one, given it's an appropriate quote. Same goes for pics, topics, etc. Things will go smoothly and problems will be resolved when they come along
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

no, i mean forcing the writer to choose only 1 topic as opposed to a picture, quote, and title. i don't mean to say that you force them to choose from only one type of topic.
    test
  11. Ace the Prophet

I hear ya. But for now that's what I'm planning on doing. And in the future I'll incorporate other ideas I have and see where they go. At this point I just feel that being able to choose from a wide variety of all topics at once is not as challenging as having to choose from a specific type, and I intend to make this league challenging so you can test you skills and get better while you compete. There will be twists down the road, but for the most part I'm going to test out one type of topic per week for a little and see how that works out as of now and make the appropriate changes from there
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol. whatever man. good luck with the test.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

on second glance, i am completely against video collabs.

^this should never win you a title. and i'm not downing the lyrics, but let's be real here. what has this league come to? it used to be a creative writing league. i'm not with the whole hip-hop being forced down the throats of everyone.

now, i do like the idea of an audio being given as a topic. maybe pain and guttso could've written verses to the entire audio track and not just a 16 bar verse of gibberish. the above quote is not "creative writing".
    test
  14. MC Guttso

MC Guttso Fingers in Pies

I think Ace will do a fine job, he hasn't had a chance to properly mod the league yet, let's see what happens...
    test
  15. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

You are for more elitest than Pent uP could ever dream of being, and I thought he was bad...
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol. i'm just saying. that shit is for another league. not the RSTL.
    test
  17. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

it would be fine mixed into the ring, but not bein just video collabs, an just one topic you cant choose from. i say keep the quotes, keep the pics, keep all that shit, but throw some video collabs in, an if someones feelin saucy theyll do a video collab, but if theyre really tryin hard to win, chances are theyre doin a 40 50 bar stephen king joint
    test
  18. .:Pain:.

By definition, I absolutely agree.

But the thing is, look at who we have in the league. Most of these guys don't wanna write like we used to week in and week out. So switching it up ain't really that big of deal, it encourages versatility, while still allowing the purist writers a chance to shine.

If we split up the league, there would be like 5 members in one, and like 3 in the other, and that situation helps nothing and no one...
    test
  19. .:Pain:.

And L Kross, it wouldn't work for what you already said. I don't care if it's fuckin' Rikoshay doin' the collab and the three weeks ago T.a.C. doin' the 50 bar verse, T.a.C. is gonna win....
    test
  20. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

I dont think tac could drop too much of a hotter verse than I had this week no matter how many bars he made it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.