RSTL Week 6 Mag

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by T.a.C, May 11, 2009.

?

Are you guys feeling the league and how it's being ran so far?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

[​IMG]

Table Of Content

1. Introduction
    2. Mod Changes
    3. Top 10 Recap
    4. Battle of the Week
    5. No-Show Shine
    6. Predictions
    7. Interview
    8. Topic
    9. Outro

Introduction:

This was by far our best week yet. 10 battles, with only 2 no-shows. I’m happy with the turn out. Plus voting was up this week. Overall, I’m happy with how the league is going so far. This week I’m setting up a poll, I want everyone to drop a vote on if they are happy with how the league is going.​
    test
  2. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

Mod Changes:

An upcoming change in Moderation will be happening in the next couple weeks. NOBLE SOLDIER is stepping down due to a lack of time. Ace the Prophet will be taking over and writing our mags, starting soon. I just want to say welcome aboard Ace.
    test
  3. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

Top 10 Recap:​

C. MC Guttso vs 2. Ace the Prophet

A much anticipated match. Ace, the challenger, a former champion, and one of the superstars of the league. Verse MC Guttso, our league champion. A very tight match and a top contender for match of the week, Guttso ended up taking this battle 5-3 in the votes.

3. Blitz_kreig vs 4. Soull

Blitz no-showed. Thanks for dropping, Soull

5. Nu’MaaN vs 6. nom dillinger

A match of new verse old. Nu is pretty new to text, while nom is a former champion. Both showed why they are deserving of being contenders next week, but in the end nom won out 8-4 in an impressive battle. Nice showing guys.

7. Discreet vs 8. .:pain:.

Pain got creative with this verse. He took it to a level that would go over most peoples heads. It did mine, I’ll say that. Discreet came with a sick verse as well. Another potential match of the week, Pain took this one 6-4 in the votes.

9. The_K3 vs 10. T.a.C

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I’m gonna fall even further in the ranks. Nice verse K3.
    test
  4. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

Battle of the Week:​

Orange407County vs Eye-Rime

Vs

test
  5. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

No-Show Shine

test
  6. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

Predictions​

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    1. MC Guttso 5-0
    2. Soull 2-0

I’ve been impressed with Soull so far, but I think Guttso has this one.

CONTENDERSHIP MATCH
    3. nom dillinger. 2-0
    4. .:pain:. 4-1

This is going to be a sick match up. Both are 2 of the most talented writers in the league.

5. The_K3 3-2
    6. Joro 3-0

Both have been impressive. Even though Joro has the better record, K3 has lost to some sick writers. I think K3 has this one, but its going to be close.

7. L. Kross 1-1
    8. Got Life? 1-0

If this were audio, I’d like Lotus’s chances. Don’t get me wrong, Kross dropped a fire verse last week. But GL? May possibly be the best writer in the league. I’m going to have to go with him.

9. liquid' acid 1-0
    10. Orange407County 1-0

OC really showed me something last week, and I think liquid’s inexperience is going to be a deal breaker for him. I think OC will take this one.

11. Ace the Prophet 3-2
    12. Nu'MaaN 1-1

Nu is getting another tough match up. I’m going to have to go with Ace in this one though.

13. Discreet 1-1
    14. T.a.C 1-4

Good luck bro

15. Nick Names 0-1
    16. ShadowWarriorfs 0-1

Both of these 2 I consider to be pretty good friends, so this match up gets my dick hard. I really don’t know who to call in this one to be honest.

18. Xquisite 0-0
    19. Master Peace 0-0

This should be interesting. X is new to the RSTL and the story writing and whatnot. And Peace has been an advocate for video collabs. I’ve never seen him write to a pic, so I’m intrigued to see this. I’m going to give it to Peace off experience though.
    test
  7. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

Interview with our Champ:​

Ace: Alright. Give us the story behind guttso

Guttso: Well my second name is Gutteridge, my stomach is a beast and I’ve got gusto, so the name is quite fitting. I first signed into RM at 18/19 but didn’t join any leagues. I had a few battles but I was terrible.
    I joined the RSTL during Lucifa, TheReturn and Q’s reign and it was fucking awesome. I became instantly addicted, even though I must have lost each and every single battle apart from one I think. I can honestly say that I hadn’t had much writing experience at all. This site and the feedback from people have played a big influence in how I’ve developed as a writer.
    I don’t do audio and I don’t have any recording equipment although I’d love to give it a go. Closest I’ve been to actually performing to an audience is a quick two minute freestyle with Ugly Duckling when they toured in England, a few open-mic nights in some clubs and stuff for friends. That’s the story behind Guttso.

Ace: What's something that's made you who you are today?

Guttso: There are loads of things that have made me who I am today. I’m a big believer that we are products of our environment. I grew up being the oldest of two brothers and one sister – our father was extremely abusive so I’ve had a few black eyes in my time. A turning point was when I was 12 and after a big fight he told me I wasn’t his son. That cut deep. I moved in with my grandparents and I’m in touch with my real father now, and I have two additional brothers. Every cloud has a silver lining.
    My family life kind of made me a quiet and studious child that really concentrated in school. I worked really hard and I’m now a psychology graduate working as a trainee therapist for now, which is very intense but also very rewarding.
    University life definitely shaped who I am. All the parties, sex, drugs, and fun has seriously gone to my head I think. I had my first major relationship at University too which taught me a lot about romance and compromise.

Ace: What's the future have in store for you?

Guttso: I would like to think that my future includes moving up the career ladder in what I’m doing at the moment. A lot more money would be nice. And to have my own family….I’m easily pleased.

Music

Ace: Who are you favorite rappers?

Guttso: I’ve always liked Eminem and Immortal Technique.
    Chaka Malik from Orange 9mm is quality. Although the style is more funk and mental – reminds me of Rage Against Machine, it’s worth a listen to guys, especially with a ready rolled j.
    I like Dizzy Dustin and Andy Cooper from Ugly Duckling.
    Sun Zoo.
    Tim Dog is fucking hilarious, although I don’t think he means to be. He’s a hardcore bastard.

Ace: What's the rap scene like in England? Who's an MC from England that you'd want Americans to hear?

Guttso: The rap scene in England is pretty dead in my opinion. There’s not really much up and coming talent from what I see. An MC from England that you should ALL listen to from across the pond is Rodney Smith, more popularly known as Roots Manuva. N-Dubz & Dizzee Rascal are always a crowd favourite.

Ace: What got you listening to Hip Hop?

Guttso: In my younger days from about 13 to 17 I used to love drum and bass and English underground garage MCs. And that’s kind of what got me into rhyming and rapping. As I matured I realised that most of these artists are ridiculously shit, and I moved my interest over to the more mainstream RnB & hip-hop scene. Although my music taste is very varied.

Ace: What's something different about English rappers compared to American rappers?

Guttso: The difference is American rappers are better. It’s all in the accent. If you’ve got a good accent when your on the mic then your half way there. I mean if you had a cockney wide-boy from London rapping the lyrics to “In da club” by 50 cent , it would sound ridiculous. Although that has already been done I think. It’s called 50pence, hilarious! Youtube it or something.

Ace: Which album is your favorite album of all time?

Guttso: Outkast - Stankonia

Ace: If you can't listen to hip hop, what do you listen to?

Guttso: I can listen to Hip-Hop there’s no law passed against it. LOL. But I listen to all sorts of stuff. I like my funk, soul and jazz, even a bit of cheesy motown.

Ace: You have one artist to listen to for the rest of your life. Without explanation, who is it?

Guttso: Eminem

League

Ace: Now, with how you write you have obviously competed before, but I haven't heard of you til you signed up. What leagues have you been in and how have you fared in them?

Guttso: That’s hilarious. I’ve never competed in any other written league apart from the RSTL, but appreciate you making that assumption.

Ace: What are your thoughts on the RSTL this season?

Guttso: It’s good. Glad to see a lot more heads joining now. But I think it needs to be a little more structured.

Ace: Now, last season was based mainly off of the Video Collabs. This season it's more of a mix of topics and then video collabs. Do you like that idea? Which is your preference?

Guttso: Video Collabs are ok. But I think it’s kind of restrictive and limited. Each week you have to make the best of what video you get. I guess it tests your versatility as a writer though. I like the idea of a mix of topics and then video collabs – it’s all gravy.

Ace: Which type of topicals do you prefer? Topics, quotes, or pictures?

Guttso: Much love to the pictures. Pictures paint a 1000 words, and so it’s up to you as the author to spit them.

Ace: Who are the best writers in the league as of now?

Guttso: Pain is an outstanding writer – wins it with emotion and flow really.
    I’ve only read two verses from Discreet, but you can tell he’s a monster.
    You’re not bad yourself mate. Definitely liked your earlier stuff like Scars, and Past, Present, Future – those pieces were wicked.

Ace: Choose an underdog who people should watch out for

Guttso: From analysing the battles from this week: Orange407County had a good showing against Q. Probably will go far if feedback is listened to.

Ace: Have any ideas that would make the league a little fresher?

Guttso: Better weekly mags. Your interviews are obviously becoming a cult hit now. So you got to keep them. I liked the old mags which had video of the week, joke of the week, babe of the week.
    Should also ask GL? nicely to do his prediction breakdowns again but as harsh as possible, coz that stuff is funny.
    Also think we should have points for votes etc, and the no-show situation could be resolved by emphasising the alternate option.
    test
  8. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

Interview Cont.​

Finale

Ace: Haha, so last week I asked .:pain:. to show us all a pic of who he thought was the sexiest celebrity alive. My task for you this week is to show us the sexiest celebrity alive in England. Of course, a pic or two wouldn't hurt for the audience, haha

Guttso: Have some of that my friends…
    Classical musician as well – Mylene Klass

[​IMG]

Ace: And to wrap things up, give me a quote of some sort

Guttso: “He who is afraid to fall will never fly” – that’s my favourite quote. Don’t be afraid to try something because you think you might fail. Don’t run away from experiences because your life will be full of missed opportunities. You got to be in it to win it. That’s what I say. Just have faith in yourself people.

Ace: Good luck the rest of the way, Guttso

Guttso: Cheers mate, take it easy.
    test
  9. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

Topic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  10. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

Outro:​

Well, I’m glad to see the no-shows decrease, keep it up guys. Glad to see the voting too. Props to you guys for making the league continue to succeed. I have one announcement, and that is I would like to bring back the alternate option. For those of you who don’t know, if you declare alternate in your check-in, and your opponent no-shows, you will be matched up with another opponent, who’s opponent no-showed. If you don’t declare alternate you take the win via no-show. So keep that in mind when checking in.
    test
  11. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

fix the 1-1 thing.
    decent mag.
    breakdowns need a sever overhaul.

topics aren't great, but workable.

Pain Interview > Guttso Interview
    anyone in the UK got a personality they can lend that nig?
    test
  12. Soull

Soull New Member

Great mag... these topics look tough but lets see what happens....
    test
  13. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

guttso celebrity pic (possibly the most important pic in this thread j/k) isnt working
    test
  14. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

gets your dick hard? wow
    test
  16. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Good job guys.

Thanks GL? lol.

And I am going to bone this topic so hard this week.

Nom, for whatever reason, always seems to catch me on weeks like this...
    test
  17. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

hop on aim, i have a chunk of my verse done that i wanted to run by you.
    test
  18. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

Cool... I couildnt see Qs verse on my phone in our thread, but here I can for some reason, dope ass verse man
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

Eh@ the pics btw
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  20. Blitz_krieg

Blitz_krieg SAY WHA.........

my bad for no showing last week .. thats not really like me.. but i had to go to the frio river with my homies....
    nice verse soull...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.