RSTL Tribune Time...Final Four and New Champ

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tha Talent, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

RSTL Mag
    Tournament and League overview

Intro
    drop some topics immediately after reading this mag.

Soapbox
    to be honest, i was disappointed with the quality of verses last week...kick it up a notch guys...the league is back to full size and we've got some serious competitors...especially dissatisfied with the efforts tournament members...as for the tournament, we've got the final four...you can read more about that in Mac's indepth analysis...good luck to the other three competitors...remember, the winner of this tournament participates in a three way with Richard Corey and Omen for a nice cash prize and incredible RSTL glory, because it will obviously take a lot to beat those two...the tournament really turned out great...i'm very proud of running this...topics are getting to be a serious issue...you all better drop them or you will seriously only get five next week...i want to see a lot of topics in that thread...anyway, stop shit talking Tek...and Tek, stop acting all arogant and "man-on-a-mission"...no one likes the act...also, Noib has been banned temporarily, but he will still show up to his match...and did you hear about the need for topics?...true...as for Trap retiring, we'll see...thinks he can mock me in the chat and then quit the league i run...yeah right...anyway, i love you all and i love the RSTL...enjoy this mag.

Man of the Hour
    Ed Lake aka Vadik now defends his first title and tries to make the tournament championship

As I'm sure anyone who has talked to Vadik recently knows, he just won his first title. I'm going to keep this relatively short, but I give him a lot of credit. Vadik was always one of the most articulate and well worded writers in the RSTL. He actually reminds me a lot of Anaphora. All of the RSTL's best held him in high regards, even though he never got that final push over the finish line. Not for a lack of effort though. He just ran against some tough ass competition. His first title match ever was a memorable four way between Peril, Truth, Antagon, and him. Now he's got that championship, and it should be interesting to see how long he holds it. Good luck to him also in the tournament, as he's made final four. Big week for Vadik again this week, as he gets a chance to defend his title and make the tournament championship. Holding the league title while winning a tournament title would be a big deal, and we shall see.

We Got Next
    What does the future of the RSTL look like?

The RSTL has been, for a very long time, dominated by the same faces. Whether it be Jowelz, Vern Acular, or Mac Flow, these guys demand the attention and respect. But fall seems to be a time where RSTL legends come to full bloom. Last fall we saw the names Tha Talent, Richard Corey, and L-Dogg all become RSTL house-hold names. Specifically myself and Corey, as we have gone through 2004 so far as two of the more dominant members of the league (not to sound cocky by any means).
    So who are the faces of the fall this year? Who will make an impact in the following year, after being almost an anonymous face in the crowd. Some newcomers are making strong cases. 6ft Deep is a board veteran, who seems to be enjoying his so far short stay in the RSTL. He clearly has enough skill to win a championship or two.
    But what about the relative unknowns of the group. Dicenyaeye reminds me a lot of DMeTRiUS in terms of what he's done in the league. He had a long and unexpected undefeated streak to the top, and despite losing to Dah, he's bounced back. Which is more than I can say for DM (wink). Status Qu0 is 7-1 now, and he brings a more abstract and topical look to the table. But don't overlook him, he's a very skilled writer. And Nique was the shocker of the tournament, making the Elite 8 and in the process knocking off to venerable RSTL vets in Mac Flow and Ssenlli.
    As far as the even newer heads, there is some skill to be seen in writers such as BusterHymen, Shadow's Edge, and Ace Boogie. All are skilled and you should watch out.
    Finally, who will be the vet that steps up and out of the shadows? The guy that everyone knows, but hasn't done anything special yet. Someone like Formal Logic is well known around the boards, but often overlooked. He hasn't found himself as a writer yet, but he's got the skills. Should he find that niche, he could be a great presence.
    This year should be very interesting, but I can make one prediction. 2005 will be another year of great RSTL matches and competative spirits. We will survive, like Aretha and cockroaches.​
    test
  2. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

Appocalypse NOW!
    Mac Flow's full final four analysis..

From 64 heads in 4 regions, to the final four, what a road these competitors have traveled. One could say each one of these 4 makes his own case for being the odds-on favorite. I say, fuck the odds, let's just call em how we see em. Besides, being one of the proven weakest tournament links in the RSTL hall of fame, I can say that.

Did You Know...

MC4Sight and Infinite Truth have never faced each other in an RSTL match? Inf no showed the one time they were supposed to.

Tha Talent and Vadik/Ed Lake have never faced each other in an RSTL match?

Tha Talent, however, is 3-0 vs 4Sight(1-0) and Infinite Truth(2-0)...hmmm...food for though, Arsenio Hall style (points to temple)

MC4SIGHT vs. INFINITE TRUTH
    Holy dog shit. 2 of the RSTL's most "poetic" writers (I really hate that term). 4Sight has been known to take such a simple, plain topic and turn that into such a contrast of reality, an abstract piece of utter beauty and intelligence, it's incredible. Granted, I've seen him use some of the less vague topics and do those well, I believe that 4Sight does his best work when you leave him 4 million avenues for creativity's entrance. His scheme has been contraversial at times, some say it's not good, some say it's amazing. I say it kicks ass. It took me a couple of his verses to get really used to it (and damn him if he ever switches it up again) and once I did it was butter. I guess with text people expect the end of each written line to rhyme, but that's not the case for a lot of heads anymore, and 4Sight does it really well. I think it makes the verse more fun to read when you have to actually induce your own intellect to understand and follow it. He's a literary genius in my opinion, just waiting for his shell to completely hatch. This is his chance. Remember, this is the guy who made it to the very final match of the last RSTL tournament, only to lose to arguably the RSTL's best ever, Author NYSE aka Omen, in a very tight match. He's got as much as shot as any. His path to the Final Four : Beat -Troublesome- first round, Beat Retulen Reactus 2nd round, Formal Logic no showed against him 3rd round, beat Anaphora 4th round.

Infinite Truth is one hell of an artist. I've recently heard some of his audios, and he's different, but I like it. Inf never ceases to amaze me. I would say his style is more "poetic" (again, gay ass term) than 4Sight's. Infinite Truth is another master of the abstract art of storytelling. Another writer that requires deep thought to follow his verses. Another personal favorite. This guy has been around a long time, the original longest win streak holder, when he sticks around for some weeks and shows, he's virtually unstoppable. I think he'd have several more titles by now if he only had time to bless us with that presence every week. Nonetheless, I believe he's truly armed and dangerous against anyone in storytelling, and I believe that he WILL give 4Sight his money's worth this week. Infinite Truth's path to the Final Four : Beat UrbanAKA in a no show first round, beat Atreyu in 2nd round, beat Kaybi and Cereal Killer in a three way 3rd round match, and won by a no show of Headless Verseman in the 4th round.

EDWARD LAKE vs. THA TALENT

Ed Lake/Vadik...oh my my how long did you really hide your alias? lol. Several of us knew right away, simply because you told several of us. Others just figured it out, asked around, etc. The newest (finally) champ of the RSTL League, you've got your work cut out this week my friend. I always said Vadik was one of those guys who really should have been RSTL champ a long time ago, but he was also one of those come-and-go guys for a long time. The RSTL is a league where you need to be a constant competitor week in and week out for a couple of months ( at least) before you can really get a shot at being the champ. Ed Lake has been here now, constantly, week in and week out, and now he's proving my point. I like Ed's style, he's more of a straight forward, raw storytelling kind of guy who's got some very deep metaphorical pieces and he thrives on incredible endings that'll make you go "oh shit, for real?". Somewhat like Jowelz, he's got a very very natural knack for putting a story down that's so butter smooth and easy to read, simple yet so complex. I think Mr. Lake can win this thing, Mr. Lake thinks he can win this thing, and I'm sure Tha Talent has something to say about that, he always has had something to say...Ed Lake's path to the Final Four : Beat Foxley King first round, beat L Dogg in a very hyped up 2nd Round, another hyped up beating of Tekneek in the 3rd round, and then Nique in the 4th round.

Tha Talent is one of the long standing vets of the RSTL. He's been in countless championship matches, tournaments, he's been doing top 10 verses forever, and now as the main mod of the league, he has virtually done it all. Now he needs to win the tournament. One of the most versatile, (he showed true versatility in a comedy verse written a couple of months back in the league) Talent can get it done from all angles, with any topic, at anytime. I don't think he's ever told me he had writer's block. Think about that. All those verses, all those wins, all that time, and he keeps on writing, beautiful perfectionists' pieces. Of the remaining competitors, if a survey was taken I'd say Talent would be a slight favorite to win this thing, and he honestly should be. This guy is one of the most mature, experienced writers I've ever met, and his stories, somewhat like Ed's, contain a metaphorical genius about them that only very few can pull off. Somewhat of a mentor, I've looked up to Talent for a long time and have done nothing but respected his opinions and works over time. He will come raw, believe me. Talent's path to the Final Four : Beat VinnieT in the first round, TIED dicenyaeye 2nd round, beat Busterhymen and dicenyaeye 3rd round, and beat Ashen Horse in the 4th round.

Final Analysis:

These 4 have all proven themselves over time. They've put in millions upon millions of lines, letters, words that have all equated to be some of the best pieces we've ever seen. No doubt about it, each one will have his own place in the RSTL Hall of Fame in time. My personal favorite here is Tha Talent, he's got the most experience, the most depth and versatility, and I know he wants it. He's so humble and subtle he won't show the hype, but he has the hype. If he does make one mistake though, just the slightest slipup, it's anyone's ballgame with Ed, Inf and 4Sight on his heels. All three of these guys are hungry, clearly hungry, and all three have their own motive. Ed's recent Title win would be so sweet to back up with a tourney win so soon. Inf's contraversial "bullshit poetic" (coined by some haters) style could be the proverbial "nanny nanny boo boo" in your faces if he pulls this off. 4Sight, well, after losing to one of the very best of all time in the last tourney, he's not taking no for an answer and not laying down. Ohh....it's so sweet *rubs hands together*...let's get it on.​
    test
  3. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

Talent's Top Ten

this is shorter than normal...refer to the first line of the Soapbox...

10. Edward Lake...
    ...eddy was good, not great for his league championship against trap...his writing was strong, and though his topic could have used a little more development, i still enjoyed it.

9. Nique - Tournament Verse
    ...nique didn't attack her topic quite as well this week as last...but she did show a strong effort and managed to display some good ideas on politics and such...good job.

8. BusterHymen...
    ...buster dropped a strong verse...it was very RSTL oriented, but it was good...it held a metaphor of a writers pen speaking, and yet he never made it corny and wrote it well.

7. L-Dogg...
    ...i thought L beat Noib pretty easily, but that's just me...L came with a good topical and wrote it fairly well...though he has written better, i liked the concept he worked with and he laid his verse out well.

6. Anaphora - Tournament Verse
    ...my only complaint about ana's verse was the vagueness of it all...there is a difference between being vague and being subtle...still, good story and well written...actually bordered on trippy moreso than subtle.

5. Infinite Truth - Tournament Verse
    ...truth's verse was somewhat creative...and it was very well written...my problem came that i didn't like the take on the topic and there were some rough edges that needed to patched up...still, very strong showing.

4. MC4Sight - Tournament Verse
    ...though he too came with a somewhat vague verse, 4sight pulled it off with a great sense of imagery and direction in his verse...he pulled off the combining of topics well and made a very enjoyable read...once again though, he can do better.

3. dicenyaeye...
    ...dicenyaeye can be a nasty guy, and this verse proved it...some sex talk and he freaked it, literally...very funny moments and it reminded me a lot of Jowelzy's storytelling...had that cockiness to it...good job.

2. Status Qu0...
    ...to put a marker on this week, this verse is NEVER this high on a normal week...however, Stat did write well and he conveyed his thoughts in a strong manner...well laid out and very well written, esp. in the second half...good job.

1. Edward Lake - Tournament Verse
    ...ed makes this list a second time with his tournament effort, which was a very good story about a girl...the more i read it, the more i like it...this is the third time...very good verse, though not really a verse of the week, no matter what the number says.

An Eye on the Future
    MC4Sight is on the hot seat with Ed Lake Interviewing

Edward Lake: Aight. Welcome folks to another RSTL interview brought to you by your new champ. Today's featured writer is MC4SIGHT. what's up? Have you ever been interviewed for the mag before?
    MC4Sight: what's up....i'm just sitting here selling everything i don't want anymore on ebay....and nope this will be my first interview for the mag yet..
    Edward Lake: Oh I remember the feeling, first time always hurts, heh... Tell the readers a bit about yourself, cause you're the type of guy that drops the hot shit but still manages to fly under the radar... How old are you, how long have you been writing... etc.
    MC4Sight: word....yeah i tend to keep quiet you could say....while i just turned 18 earlier this month.....old enough to vote for kerry now which is good......i've been writing since i was around 7 years old, i used to come up with these short stories.....i started rapping when i was 14 though, and came across the rstl in 2002...before i joined the rstl i had been 24-3 on smaller boards doing topicals
    Edward Lake: Aight, I won't go into the politics thing because Navara is watching my ass, no homo. You're doing pretty damn well in the tournament...did you expect to go this far?
    MC4Sight: i had a good feeling about it....i felt if i could get past corey i would pretty much get a final four spot locked, so when he no showed i knew i would just have to write some decent verses to get to final 4....also coming off making the finals in the last tourny and losing to my biggest rival Omen i felt i had some good tournament experiance. but i'll tell you the other 3 guys left in this tourny are going to be my biggest challenge yet
    Edward Lake: Omen luh da 4 tho. Who do you see taking it all?
    MC4Sight: well if i can't get the job done i'd like to see inf. truth he's one of my favorite writers in the league plus if he beats me i'd like to see him take it all....but he's gotta look out for talent i think he's the next biggest threat
    Edward Lake: *coughs*. I think Talent will win it all by the way. Will you sign back into the league once the tourney is done?
    MC4Sight: i'm not sure yet....see i own my own label plus work a part time job and go to school while i'm not on RM. i think it will play a part on how i do the rest of the tourny. I definetely will be back though this year if not right after....i'm still hungry for that title
    Edward Lake: Title? What title? Oh wait...MY title...just playing. I've always wondered how you came up with the name 4sight... There's gotta be a story behind that.
    MC4Sight: oh well of course that's why i might wait....i'd hate to take the trophy out of your hands lol.....and the name 4sight came from just like a characteristic of myself....i've always been the type of person to plan stuff out a little bit too much or just overall think about the future too much...so i thought that the name fit me well.....and i guess someone else thought so too that's why on RM it's mc4sight. even though i personally hate the mc in front it sounds wack to me lol
    Edward Lake: Okay, last question. Top 10 people in RSTL of all time...list em.
    MC4Sight: ohhh let me think....
    MC4Sight: in no particular order, Omen, Vern, Talent, Inf. Truth, WW3, Jowelz, RC, dahloner, mac, and peril..... but my favorite three personally go omen, truth, and then RC
    Edward Lake: Aight... thanks for this short interview. Hope to see you in the league soon and good luck in your tourney match.
    MC4Sight: Thanks for interviewing me. and good luck in the tourny as well.

Outro
    drop some topics, or i'll kill you all...piece.​
    test
  4. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

word @ drop some topics or I'll kill you all hahahhaha

dope fucking mag y'all

good work
    test
  5. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

AMAZING MAG. damn i've never been mentioned so much in one mag lolol i like it....good luck to everyone in the final four may the best man win. i agree talent last weeks verse want nearly my best thanks for the #4 spot this week though. Expect me to at least attempt writing my best verse ever this week lol...

pz thanks for the mentions
    test
  6. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

"AMAZING!!!ITS SO AMAZING...CUZ I WAS MENTIONED"

of course its gonna be fuckin amazing if youre mentioned.
    test
  7. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

Atreyu is still so bitter...
    test
  8. Status Qu0

Status Qu0 Hammer Time

it was good.

i don't really care about being in the mag, it's cool and all, but a verse is a verse.

i'm here to write, not brag.
    test
  9. Khôi NguJin

Khôi NguJin faith.hope.love

lol, nice shit guys.
    test
  10. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

test
  11. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

*Hopes to find his niche*
    test
  12. General Concrete

General Concrete the infamous

atreyu is a fag

this was a nice mag, props!
    test
  13. Wow. That's a lot of talking about me.. I like it.
    test
  14. Ace Boogie

Ace Boogie New Member

Thanks for the mentions guys

Its appreciated
    test
  15. space nerd 2039

space nerd 2039 New Member

i was sadly forgotten lol
    test
  16. GammoN

GammoN Sole Survivor of the DOJO

I'm gonna try to get up in the mag soon..
    test
  17. dicnyaeye

dicnyaeye Guest

you deserved it man, your verse was dope as fuck and had a metphorical approach that was well expressed and worded nicely

and I can appreciate that Status Quo, but I have to say I like tha attention especially by all the people I admire as writers in here. your verse was ranked 2nd with mine ranked at 3rd, does that make me the underdog? haha, let's get it on (and no, not Marvin Gaye style)

Loved the mag Talent and I wish Jowelz was still around now that everybody's comparing me to him and he's on everyone's top 10 rstl champs ever. I think I'll go back and read some of his work, then maybe I'll get it.

Thanks for the props Talent and Omen, welcome back to the US man. After all you've seen and heard, I'm sure you got some War stories for us and with your talent (no pun intended) I'm also sure you can tell those stories and entertain us all
    test
  18. furl

furl Keep Movin

Maybe if i lose to L dogg i'll get mentioned as a footnote
    test
  19. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

test
  20. Khôi NguJin

Khôi NguJin faith.hope.love

get used to it ed, or it might be wearing off.

cat's been on your dick ed.

i'm a fan of your writing though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.