RSTL TRIBUNE :: The ReBirth... Check It Out Now

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Omen, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

WELCOME

TO

THE

RSTL

TRIBUNE

OPENING STATEMENT

Now it’s been a long time since I have been on RM for any reason. Yes I had to take a little hiatus from the site in order to get several things done outside of RM. Now first things first, I must apologize for leaving the RSTL the way I did. Due to uncontrollable circumstances I had no other choice. But now that I am given a second chance to help run the RSTL I plan to make several contributions once more. My first contribution is this Magazine. From what I am told this has not been a regular thing since I left, well ladies and gents its back and ready for action. So without further ado here it is the :
    RSTL TRIBUNE
    RSTL TOURNEY
    (Written By: L Dogg)

Excitement was definitely in the air pollution soaring around the text boards when
    word got out about their being a RSTL Tourney for 2003.. Last’s Tourney had great turn outs
    despite the few no shows occurring. the overall of it ended with some great reads and winner by
    the name of Claushouse. THIS year would be realistically same as far as the Turn outs
    went. With Tekneek creating a web page to put the results of last years action, the hype for this years grew even stronger. The first weeks matches went smoothly. Everyone who was predicted to win basically did while the underdogs gave it there all but left with their head down. now as the weeks continued things wouldn’t be as peachy as the previous. The Tourney started witnessing Vass amounts of no shows by some of predictions top competitors, turning the feeling more on whether how genuine wining the #1 position was or really wasn't.. people such as IV started
    Criticizing the competitors and saying this years tourney wasn't legitimate seeing how a lot of top
    competitors no showed. an although this could be seen as true from others such as the ones who
    probably no showed, I for one still give an gave credit to all the remaining competitors.
    the way i see it its not our fault our opponents cant follow deadlines responsibly. It wouldn't
    be right to criticize one when your to be criticized yourself for the immaturity of joining a
    league and not even following through with your commitment to it. Anyway, IV then made an attempt to recreate his own tourney and try an down size the RSTL one by replying to the people who were still in the rstl tourney and pursuing them to leave it since it wasn’t "legitimate anymore" not to mention his 100 dollar reward for the winner. but folks, that tourney has yet to go down and its pretty clear IV's tourney was biased on his frustrations with no showing in the rstl one. I never asked things to happen how they did; I just went with the flow of it. and although people could say i would have lost to IV, underdog, or dahlohner if they would have showed...they didn’t and i played my part an moved on. I Give credit for dahlohner for posting a better story then me in the final 4.. but rules are rules an he didn’t post his urls.. so if I win this week in the championship ill give that man my praise. Talent really proved he is ready for challenging anyone in heavyweight status with his big win over Richard Corey in the final 4. both were great verses an i don’t see how anyone can pick a winner when its writing as nice as both of them came. both deserve the utmost respect for getting as far as they did. Overall i was quiet satisfied with how the tourney went. i mean, the stories were real hot to read all through the journey to the top. BUT... TEKNEEK should have put MUCH more effort into the tourney then he did. he got real distant as soon as he was belittled by IV trying to take the tourney out commission for his own. I mean the championship this week isn’t even that hyped..no picture of the chart in our thread or anything.. at least last week we had the chart.. but I’m really disappointed with his effort.. ALSO THE VOTING WAS GHOSTLY... hardly anyone was voting towards the end an best parts of this tourney.. something to definitely look to change for next years if there are plans for such event. and with that said i would like to Thank Everybody for participating in this years RSTL Tourney and TO sign up for the League and help make it better than ever! With the Tribune being back everyone has a chance to get Noticed Again so good luck and ill see you at the Top
    test
  2. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

TOP 10 VERSES
    (Written By: Storm Bringa)

10. Sin2
    This verse started out very nicely. Good imagery, nice explanation of the character's thoughts as well as the events in the story. Not insanely gripping, but kept my interest. While all began nicely, the verse quickly declined about halfway through. I found myself trying to rush to the end as it began to bore me. A good read, but noticeably flawed.
    9. Patriarch
    Not the most compelling peice I read this week, but nice nonetheless. The imagery used in this piece was pretty decent, not as good as the others in the top 10 (and even some out of it), but still pretty good. What caught me was the prayer section that was in there. That is what gave me the most reason to continue on with the reading. The little bit of humor at the end seemed out of place at first, but seemed to lighten the mood of the piece, which helped it out a bit.
    8. Den-S
    The imagery in the intro and outro were very good. The actual story portions of the verse were it's weakness though. While very well stated, they needed a lil more fleshing out. They easily got the point accross, but could have used more details to grip the reader. Very technically sound, but it needed that extra touch to push it up the ranks.
    7. Peepers
    This verse had great potential to make it to the top 5, but the two plot twists at the end insanely weakened the effect of the verse. They could easily be seen coming. Yet, up to that point, the explanation of thoughts, imagery, and straight up lyricism were top notch, turning it into a very gripping tale, but alas, the last 8 lines of the story all but ruined an otherwise near-perfect verse.
    6. HighPawtheCyst
    The imagery in the set up of this verse was fantastic. It kept my interest locked on the verse with ease. The only objection I had to this verse was the insane amount of time it took to get to what is actually stated in the topic. Luckily while it moved rather slowly, it didnt drag, which saved this verse from being just a step above piss.
    5. LiquidLife
    The way this story was composed was great. Almost the entire verse was imagery and explanation of the situation. It was done very well, but I found myself thinking "get to the point. Get to the point." What made this verse top 5 material is that when you finally did get to the point, it just appeared out of nowhere and shocked me. I expected this whole visual explanation of how the bullet would exit the chamber and move along it's trajectory to end some poor sap's life, but Liq jus snapped it in there and instantly turned what was expected to be a run-of-the-mill homicide into a slightly Shakespearean suicide. Well done.
    4. Wisdom
    As far as actual stories go, this was one of the best I've read on here in a good minute. The beginning of it was great. The building of the events were almost of literary status. I like the little sprinkling of foreshadowing, it added even more of that english book essence. The imagery in the sex scene in the middle was great. So much so that I got a lil horny (no lie.) What stifled this verse was the ending. It was nothing out of the ordinary. While very well stated, it took away from the anticipation of something grand and unexpected. It was pretty much a standard response.
    3.Tha Talent
    Only one word to describe this verse: fire. This verse was riddled with beautiful imagery almost reminicent to those romance novels with Fabio on the cover that my mother likes to read, just without the over-the-top cheesiness. This was a very gripping and lyrical description of something that is seen every day, yet rarely spoken of, especially in this society in which we call Hip Hop. The only downside to this was the lack of any background to the goings on or any true "story" nor was it truly a topical verse. It was merely the description of an image and the statement of what that image was. Despite this major shortcoming, an excellent verse.
    2. Prophetional
    WHOOOOOOO!!! This is something one wouldn't be suprised to come across in a college poetry textbook. Very, very gripping story. The usage of metaphor and personification were insane. Imagery was woven in there tighter than the cornrows I used to sport. The only thing sapping my enjoyment of this verse was the length (or lack thereof.) Another 16 bars and this may have snatched the number 1. While very hard to touch it was, it still was.
    1. Richard Corey
    This verse was easily the number 1 pick. (Not very easily, but easily.) The verse was absolutely flawless. From the imagery to the apparent emotion that was felt by reading it. What drove this verse over the top though, was the way RC twisted the topic into a more abstract piece, interpreting it in a way that wouldnt normally be thought of. Excellent read.
    The only thing that separated the number one and two slots was the sheer enjoyment I got out of reading the verses. Both were technically perfect, but it all came down to what gave my imagination a boner, so to speak. Lol
    test
  3. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

INTERVIEW OF THE WEEK
    (The Talent)

Ladies and Gents Welcome to this weeks Interview. Today we are sitting down with The Talent. Welcome to the show.
    whats up?
    So its seems that you have been in the RSTL for some time now and have yet to get to one of these interviews. How's it feel to finally be in the spotlight?
    well, i really never put much effort into the RSTL before this, so its understandable that i wasn't in the spotlight before but i'm glad i am now
    Understandable. So it seems at the present moment you are on a path to possibly win the RSTL title and the RSTL Tournament. What thoughts do you have on those situations?
    its a shame that i was in a little block over the last few days, looks like i may lose both battles.
    i'll just work my way back, i'm out of my block
    Well its good to hear your out of your block. Yes those can't be difficult at times. Now, do you feel the league is suffering from anything right now?
    suffering? - no.
    the league isn't at its best state by any means, but it has been worse i mean, the champ right now is Richard Corey, there was a time when TEKNEEK was champ hah
    So you feel TekNeek wasn't a very good champ and that the levels between him and RC are different?
    does that need to be said?
    lol...it seems that a lot of old talent has left the league do for whatever reasons is there anyone you would like to see return?
    hmm, Vern is still here, Truth might come back soon, same with Warren and Jowelz - i would like to see Black Jesus, TaLi, Peril, and Fracture come back, along with others, but those four in particular oh, and Mac Flow
    Yes it would be nice to have them all back. Would make for some stellar matches. But what do you think could be done to help improve the state of the league right now?
    Antagon or Black Jesus doing topics that's the main problem right now, i think.. but there is no point in focusing on weaknesses
    Yes I noticed that not a lot of people drop any ideas. But you seem to be able to come up with a creative story out of any plain topic. What seems to be your motivation?
    read a topic with an open mind, and don't use topics that tell you half the story.. if you can do that, you will be creative
    Good advice. Do you feel you have grown as a writer since joining the league?
    perhaps, but more from reading verses than from comments and critism
    you think reading others is more beneficial?
    yes - if you want to be a good writer you have to read good writing...i suggest that more storytellers read NOVELS and POETRY as well as RSTL verses. and the other thing is, most people in the RSTL don't give good critism.
    True, very few do that. And its hard to convince them to start. Do you feel some people favor others solely on a name basis and not skill?
    of course - that's unavoidable...
    True, but it would be nice if it stopped. But what type of things or what people have inspired you over the years?
    not to sound like some drugged out crackhead slam poet from the mid 90s, but anything can be an inspiration.. it takes an open mind.. i'd say though, tradgedy inspires me cos i'm a sadistic bitch
    Well you show a lot of creativity in your verses, do you put a lot of thought in when writing?
    no.. i don't think about plot until i've started writing.. and i write quickly.. makes the story flow more
    Any plans for the future in the RSTL?
    winning a title.. God, its taken long enough
    Do you think they're any people who have been champs that don't deserve it
    how long can the list be?.. hah - nah...but there are a few cases
    lol.. Seems you show some bitterness towards a few people. not bitterness, just i think certain people are overrated.
    Care to name a few?
    nope.. 'm sure some know who they are though
    ok thats understandable I won't push. I know you were gonna say me... *tear*. But I have to ask this. Who do you think is gonna win the World Series?
    the Yankees.. and you know i wasn't going to say you
    You my friend are now Champ.. bypass everything for agreeing the Yanks will win... lol.. But we are running out of time. So do you have any final comments you would like to say to the people of the RSTL?
    crack is bad... and Pedro sucks
    Yes he does.
    Well thanks I wish the best and am sure you will be champ in no time.

word up.. peace homie
    RSTL TOP 10
    (Written By: IllWeeMan & Pretty Missez)

9. Dahlohner 33-12 vs. 10. Patriarch 15-3
    This was an topical battle that could have been something real special, but it ended up being yet another disappiontment in the RSTL Top 10. Dahlohner played around really leaving the rest of the topical heads wondering what the hell is going on. Patriarch,being the good sport he is, still posted a nice topical even though it was clear Dahlohner was not posting. Patriarch showed class, maturity, and dedication this week in the RSTL.
    7. Wisdom 8-2 vs. 8. Propetional 9-2
    This battle came with both deepness and crude humor. Propetional did a “stray bullet” topical in which he went through how he killed or puntured his victims. Wisdom dropped a topical that was nice as well,with the girl leaving the note after their one night stand. Wisdom broke his verse up which made it both easy to read and enjoyable. This battle keeped me interested the wholetime, keep it up both of you.
    5. Stony 11-6 vs. 6. Mr. RSTL 4-0
    Well this RSTL battle had a lot of potential, but do to a no show it was deflated quickly. Stony did his thing in this topical with nice wordplay, metas, and a nice overall flow. Stony choosed a very interesting topic this week with, “you’re a raper, who do you rape and why…”. Stony’s verse was very descriptive throughout the whole piece, and should make the top 10 topicals this week…just a shame it was wasted.
    #1 Contendership Match:
    ]3. Liquid Life vs. 4. Muti

Muti, being in the RSTL for a while now, hasn't made it to this spot in RSTL Battle, and now that he has, he was determined to win this. He blew it. He posted a no show verse because he got his times mixed up, and Liquid Life came in and took advantage of the situation. LL came in and posted a not so long verse, but it got the job done with his imagery, his flow, and storyline being untouchable in this case. He's a man on a mission. What mission is this? To be a 2x RSTL Champion. #1 Contender - Liquid life (Do it Fam!)
    RSTL Championship Match:
    Champ: Richard Corey vs. 2. Tha Talent

This was a battle of two of the biggest heads in the up-to-date RSTL competition, and what a battle this was for the championship. Richard Corey, Champion, came out with the win and remained the champ of the RSTL, but it wasn't that easy. It was an even matchup many thought, but RC was thought out to have the edge due to his unscarred flow in his verse. Coming with a great story, structured perfectly, and overall a better thought out verse, RC gets the win and remains champ. Tha Talent, however, wasn't giving up. He came in with a very polished flow, and an overall verse that seemed to be "fire" - According to Prophetional. Overall, this was a hardfought battle. Next time, let's try to get more than 3 votes in a Championship Match, idiots! Great shit.Remaining Champ - Richard Corey ... Great job by both, though.
    test
  4. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

TOP 5 STANZAS
    (Written By: Patriarch)

Note: This is not how this section will look everytime. My computer pretty much
    died and I had to re-format and lost everything. I had to set this all back up again
    today and I just didnt really feel like writing it all over, plus I didnt have
    the time. So this is a very rough copy of what it will be, the next and continuous
    editions will be a lot more in depth with explanation, sorry. Thanks.
    This section of the magazine is dedicated to those segments in contestant's pieces
    that stand out and make a serious impact in the verse. Basically consisting of
    flow, message, staying on topic, and impact.
    These TOP 5 are in my own personal opinion, and my picks are
    of my own and not aided by anyone else that writes for the magazine.
    5: Wisdom
    The sky burned a crimson red, there was nothing lacking
    I knew tonight would be it, we would make love with undying passion
    We stayed laughin that night, not once did I see a frown
    Got dinner out on the RiverLady, and spent some time uptown
    There was no need to slow down, everything was moving at good pace
    We would get a couple drinks, and then rest back at my place
    But in that case, the night was young and was far from bland
    Walked hand and hand on the beach, our toes sunk into the sand
    I jumped at her command, carressed her body and rubbed her face
    Locked our lips together, as Im loving the way she taste
    We would head back to my place, I put the music on a soft tone
    Started kissing each other, felt the chill down my backbone
    We were finally alone, the moment I've been waiting for
    She was the one of my dreams, the girl Id love and adore
    As she tore my shirt off, she was quick to jump on top
    Ran her finger nails down my chest, until she reached my cock
    I kissed her non stop, understood her needs by the notion
    I even held her hand tight, as we progressed with every motion
    The bed rippled like oceans, and we were heading into high-tide
    I busted while inside, grabbed her and hugged her so tight
    Spoke the words I love you, while I kissed her goodnight...
    4: Tha Talent
    and the river must have grazed his thin, pinkish lips
    the lips that once would spring a quip now must think and sit
    and now are sputtered with a trickle of blood thicker than mud
    that was playing follow the leader, from his nose with rippling thuds
    down the golden ladder of his grimace, scooping down his molded chin
    wrinkled from the pain of the pain to hold it in
    3: Richard Corey
    There's no discrimination between violence and intimidation
    eventually, it's something every governmental system faces
    The threat of anarchy topples hiearchies: a town's paranoia
    can soil and destroy a monarchy once fear's allowed to loiter.
    Un-caring gory, horrifying, terrorism's my territory
    Images of Muslim scrimages, sharing stories of Arab's warring...
    2: Prophetional
    fitted cap. so he prayed to the god of his wrath
    retaliation was the motivation more then a tad.
    seen the sucker, so he fucked her. had my mom in his pants.
    fingered her a lil more, and 9 seconds had passed.
    like 9 months, term, fire broke, litter of 6.
    three older brothers. me. baby brother and sis.
    our adolescence hissed, pissed, my oldest brother had missed,
    the next two hit violently one right in the lips.
    1: HighPawTheCyst
    no medicine was achieved, but anthrax failed unexpected
    we almost got em, they were shocked when we used the mail as a weapon
    we hailed for a second, and i know we failed but depression
    impales their intestines yearly as the date sails the eleventh
    the tales aren't too pleasant, yet, they're not supposed to be
    we played around with the black out, and left the coast asleep
    everyone is back to normal except for the ocean breeze
    of cane isa an act of violence that wasn't controled by me
    test
  5. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

RSTL OVERVIEW
    (Written By: N. Nebzer)

The RSTL, Well what can you say about it? Within the last few weeks the league has taken a turn in the right direction, Competition isn’t at a high peek, But with the likes of the Top Ten and some emerging talent in the lower half. The league is in good hands when it comes to talent. Now that the Tourney is completed, which was a very good one I might add, Cinderella’s, powerhouses, underdogs, and favorites all these components made this tourney exciting and interesting. People are now on the look out for the tag team tourney, this will bring some tense rivalries into the RSTL, and there is rumors of RSTL legends teaming up to form an unstoppable force, But all this will be played out in due time. Overall the RSTL is reaching the top of its game, like it or not. The RSTL as a whole is exciting hands down.
    CLOSING STATEMENT
    Yes people here it is the RSTL Tribune back and ready for action. Yes and its going back o the people. Now as for the matches they have all been moved back to where they have always been, in both forums. While this magazine is probably not what it uses to be like I am hoping that it will grow and continue to get better? And once again become what it was in the past. This can only happen with the help of all you people. So as this week’s Mag is done we begin production on next weeks. So if you wish to contribute to the Mag than just let me know so that I can get at you. Oh and if I want to interview you I will hit you up. Thanks for reading this week’s Mag and I hope its to your liking and thanks to all of those who helped contribute to this weeks production.
    test
  6. Spy2

Spy2 BlahBlahBlah -MostRappers

Awww... I thought my verse was pretty good this time too. :( 's all good nice to see the tribune's back...
    test
  7. Exit Eight

Exit Eight Turn Here

*Reads interview*

*Sees Tek-Bashing*

Ahahaha

Tek is coming for you
    test
  8. prophetional

prophetional hokey muh-fuckin' pokey

top 5 stanza's... mine was actually a repeat of richard corey's... damnit, i wanted to know which stanza of mine made the list... then i read it and said to myself, i didn't write that? what the f.....?
    test
  9. ..::Peepers::..

..::Peepers::.. New Member

excellent job omen, a very good read

lol it's odd how my verse was ranked higher than my opponents in the top 10, yet i lost the matchup to him.....

hhmm
    test
  10. NAX

NAX Bring the Pain.

i hate when kids no show so noone bothers to look at those verses. boo.

jk. but seriously ... look at my shit next time. pce.
    test
  11. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

THA TALENT - ur beef is mine punk...

Im comin for yo ass....
    test
  12. Den-S

Den-S .:.The Chosen One.:.

wow...top 10 verse...

appreciate the nod...

nice to see the Tribune back too...
    test
  13. 0u+k@$+

0u+k@$+ J Budden=G.O.A.T & Im Gay

soon....i will be mentioned.... :/
    test
  14. Spy2

Spy2 BlahBlahBlah -MostRappers

Trap: I'm in the same boat with mine last time
    test
  15. Gummo

Gummo New Member

Should be updated shortly Proph.. sorry about that.
    test
  16. stony

stony ladies sit on grampas lap

my thoughts exactly.
    test
  17. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

good stuff guys.
    test
  18. Dah Alpha Male

Dah Alpha Male New Member

nice....

I like that top 5 stanza Idea. pretty original....
    test
  19. P i n n a c l e

P i n n a c l e sucks frog penis

test
  20. Gummo

Gummo New Member

thanks JP :)

Itll be much more complete next week.

This was just a test to see if people like the idea.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.