[-RSTL TOURNAMENT MAGAZINE-] (Round 2)

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Quriosity, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

RSTL TOURNAMENT MAGAZINE
    Countdown To A Champion

[- INTRODUCTION -]

First and foremost, on behalf of myself and the future of the Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League, I would like to thank all of those whom have actually participated in this tournament, and also those of you who intend on actually participating in the league. The ability to convey an interesting story based on a topic which you did not choose, accompanied by a flow which can be caught on by a readers' first glance is a true and special talent, in my opinion. Although it may be "just the internet", I respect those of you with true talent in this tournament and in this league, past and future.

[- THIS WEEK'S REVIEWS -]

EAST SIDE

Pestilence vs Brains

Decent match-up. Tough decision.

Brains, you honestly had a pretty decent text story telling verse, the story wasnt too creative but given the topic i'm sure you did the best you could, i must admit that the topics limited everyone's creativity this week, or vice versa and proved who was really creative and who wasn't, either way, decent storyline, the flow was choppy for the most part, off and on throughout the verse, the wording was bad in alot of areas, this verse could have been proofread and some lines could have been tweaked to flow better and it would have been a pretty solid verse imo, other than that, decent spit, the twist didnt jump out at me, i knew what was going on halfway there

Pest, on first look your shit was terrible, flow was chopped up like a mofo, story made absolutely no sense, and overall it sucked, but honestly, i read this about 3 times and then i even talked to you about it and after that, this was a very deep, poetic, and dope piece of work, the storyline was still rather basic and cutthroat yet it was conveyed in a much more mature, complex, and poetic format, once you caught on the flow and if you were smart at all, the story was pretty easy to catch on to, kinda seemed like a martyr for society's ways, all of these religious and respectable people that lead the masses yet defy their own religion, you hate everything that they represent, and yet in turn society begins to hate you, and so you would gladly be put in prison in order to not have to conform to society's evil natures, wow, dope piece and i enjoyed the read

So with that said, both flows in my opinion could have been a tad better, but on one end the flow was choppy to a normal story and on the other end the choppy flow fit the poetic format, i also enjoyed pestilence's story much more, it was on a much more mature level, i could have never written it and honestly i would have preferred to have heard him read it, i would like to see how it flowed in his mind, and i also i must say that i wish he had posted in a more acceptable format, not necessarily for me, but for the rest of the voters, im afraid some people wont quite catch on

My vote – Pestilence

Brains advances, due to lack of voting links on Pestilence’s behalf

---------------------------------------------

Jook vs Got Life?

Wow at jook's verse, dope match-up fellas

Got life, i dug your piece for the most part, flow was decent enough to follow the story, the only real compaint that i have is that your story was simple and very predictable, not much of a story really, i thought it was leading up to a twist in the first stanza, but the second part proved that you were just writing a story about what people already believed happened to dave chapelle, no twist whatsoever, it was like reading a tabloid with a rhymescheme to it, decent verse tho nonetheless, i enjoyed the read

Jook, wow, dope verse, best verse ive read so far this week due to you having a solid flow with a dope rhymescheme and at the same time conveying a dope story with an actual positive meaning to it, i enjoyed this read a lot, and you tied it altogether very nicely, flow was flawless, and the story was unpredictable, i really couldnt tell where you were going with it, i wouldnt call it a twist because it wasnt that type of story but it was definately a pleasant surprise, i think that was about as creative as a dave chapelle topic could get, kudos for you

My vote - Jook in a one sided, yet dope match-up

DaAlmightyDolla vs Alias2

Hmmm, last week you claimed that this was all some sort of test. That you already knew that Alias2 was going to lose, and that you were just practicing for the championship. Your verse speaks otherwise. Honestly, in my opinion, this was a mediocre verse. I really didn’t enjoy the continuation from last week’s verse. And I doubt I will enjoy next week’s continuation of this week’s verse. Nevertheless, your flow was off and on, good in some parts, could have been better in others. Your storyline was basic and just seemed to drag on. The whole verse seemed rather off topic, as if you’re writing to your own topic in your own head. No real Tales from the Crypt theme, besides someone dying. Maybe it’s just me, but I wasn’t that impressed. Decent verse nonetheless, an okay read.

My vote – DAD, due to Alias2 no showing

---------------------------------------------​
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

WEST SIDE

Infinite Truth vs Unavailable.

Simplistic. Un's verse read like a bad and uninteresting story that just happened to rhyme every now and then at the end of each line. I could imagine him telling me this story and me trying to tune him out to see The Backstreet Boys' new video. I really didn’t enjoy this read at all. Sorry Un, you're my homie but i just wasn't feeling it. Flow suffered tremendously, for the most part. Decent story. Twist was okay. Overall, twas a borderline, okayish verse in my book.

Nevertheless, vote – Unavailable, due to IF no showing.

Unavailabe & Infinite Truth advance

Cereal Killer vs .:pain:.

Good match up. I enjoyed both verses, surprisingly; the topic just seemed too cheesy for me to even imagine liking either verse.

Pain, I respect you a lot for this verse, you have a talent of actually telling a story, I swear I could picture us sitting on a couch and you just telling me that whole verse like it was something that actually happened, with that said, the flow was rather basic which made the rhyme scheme easy to catch, the story was straightforward and to the point, it also kept my attention the whole way through, one thing I didn’t understand was why you abbreviated the S in super Mario for the last stanza, either way, I dug the verse, good read

Ck, you displayed good techniques throughout the verse, the flow was on point, you chose words that rhymed to fit accordingly, good wordplay, a pretty good verse overall, however I felt the story was lacking, there was no real twist and I didn’t really understand the ending but from what I gathered, Aladdin was dating Cinderella, instead of jasmine, got jacked by robin hood, robin hood then slept with Cinderella, and Aladdin killed him, I may be off because I don’t know anything about the Queen of Hearts, but still the story was cliché to me, everyone played their role, robin hood jacking someone wasn’t too creative because that's what he does, and the whole Aladdin killed him for sleeping with Cinderella was cliché as well because that's what would happen in any scenario, whether it was Cinderella and Aladdin or dick and Jane, still a good read though, I would have liked more details and a less predictable storyline, and it could have been longer as well, story ended way to early

So, my vote goes to - Pain, in a dope match-up

Pain advances

Quriosity vs Storm Bringa

What a surprise. Storm, I wouldn’t say your verse was solid, due to technicalities; however your story was stupendous. I loved the imagery and the way you never swayed off topic. You covered your story magnificently. The flow, in my personal opinion, lacked in some cases, however your story never seemed to suffer. Storyline was simple and stuck to the script (or topic), however the way it read and the underlying message made for a great verse. Much respect homie.

My vote – Storm Bringa

Storm Bringa advances​
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[- HEADLINERS OF THE WEEK -]

BEST VERSE OVERALL
    Jook

2ND BEST VERSE OVERALL
    Storm Bringa

BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    Quriosity vs Storm Bringa

BEST OVERALL FLOW
    Jook

BEST OVERALL IMAGERY
    Storm Bringa

MOST CREATIVE STORYLINE
    Pestilence

BEST OVERALL CREATIVE TWIST TO A TOPIC
    Pestilence

MOST ABSTRACT VERSE OVERALL
    Pestilence

MOST LIKELY TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT
    Jook

2ND MOST LIKELY TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT
    Infinite Truth or Storm Bringa

WACKEST VERSE
    Unavailabe.

BITCH OF THE WEEK
    Brains

UPSET OF THE WEEK
    Infinite Truth advancing​
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[- INTERVIEW WITH STORM BRINGA -]

joeKRAQ (10:45:26 PM): yo
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:45:35 PM): whats good
    joeKRAQ (10:45:41 PM): you know what it is
    joeKRAQ (10:45:47 PM): you down for a quick interview?
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:45:54 PM): yep
    joeKRAQ (10:46:05 PM): first of all, just to put it out there
    joeKRAQ (10:46:09 PM): this tournament is trash
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:46:26 PM): text side is entirely dead
    joeKRAQ (10:46:27 PM): i only participated because i believe in the rstl and what it stands for
    joeKRAQ (10:46:42 PM): anyway, we'll start with some votes
    joeKRAQ (10:46:53 PM): i'll post something and you'll reply with your vote
    joeKRAQ (10:46:54 PM): okay?
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:46:59 PM): ighty
    joeKRAQ (10:47:11 PM): dont disclude yourself
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:47:19 PM): ok
    joeKRAQ (10:47:26 PM): BEST VERSE OVERALL?
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:47:55 PM): mmm...
    joeKRAQ (10:48:30 PM): .........
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:48:39 PM): Jook
    joeKRAQ (10:48:43 PM): 2ND BEST VERSE OVERALL
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:48:47 PM): me
    joeKRAQ (10:49:03 PM): BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:49:19 PM): ours
    joeKRAQ (10:49:26 PM): BEST OVERALL FLOW
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:49:39 PM): tough one
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:49:59 PM): jook
    joeKRAQ (10:50:11 PM): BEST OVERALL IMAGERY
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:50:16 PM): me
    joeKRAQ (10:50:36 PM): MOST CREATIVE STORYLINE
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:51:09 PM): with these topics? you must be kiddin
    joeKRAQ (10:51:17 PM): lol
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:51:30 PM): i'll still try to find an answer
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:52:08 PM): pest
    joeKRAQ (10:52:44 PM): BEST OVERALL CREATIVE TWIST TO A TOPIC
    joeKRAQ (10:52:52 PM): i guess that's the same category
    joeKRAQ (10:52:54 PM): lol
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:53:05 PM): yes it is
    joeKRAQ (10:53:16 PM): MOST ABSTRACT VERSE OVERALL
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:53:35 PM): pest
    joeKRAQ (10:53:44 PM): MOST LIKELY TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:54:26 PM): I honestly don't kno, so I'll say me jus so I get one vote
    joeKRAQ (10:54:29 PM): 2ND MOST LIKELY TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:55:12 PM): DAD
    joeKRAQ (10:55:31 PM): i swear, its so hard making this interesting cos this shit is wack, i agree with jook, we should just start the league already, this tourny is about as wack as the graphic for the brackets
    joeKRAQ (10:55:41 PM): one more
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:55:43 PM): lmmfao
    joeKRAQ (10:55:45 PM): ...WACKEST OF THE LEAGUE
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:55:54 PM): no shows
    joeKRAQ (10:56:02 PM): name an emcee fool
    joeKRAQ (10:56:07 PM): time to pull a card
    joeKRAQ (10:56:12 PM): who sucks the most?
    joeKRAQ (10:56:44 PM): wackest verse this week
    joeKRAQ (10:56:46 PM): how about that?
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:56:51 PM): CK
    joeKRAQ (10:56:58 PM): lmfao
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:57:11 PM): that shit was rough
    joeKRAQ (10:57:29 PM): okay, we just reiterated that this tourney is garbage
    joeKRAQ (10:57:35 PM): you basically voted for the same people i voted for
    joeKRAQ (10:57:39 PM): how exciting is that
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:57:50 PM): interesting indeed
    joeKRAQ (10:57:53 PM): so, what else can we talk about?
    joeKRAQ (10:58:08 PM): unavailabe or cereal killer?
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:58:25 PM): that was my thought on the wackest in the league
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:58:34 PM): one of those two
    joeKRAQ (10:58:35 PM): lol, my thoughts as well
    joeKRAQ (10:58:38 PM): i chose un
    joeKRAQ (10:58:45 PM): the only vote that we differed
    joeKRAQ (10:59:12 PM): so, how do you feel about cereal killer and the way he has been running the tournament?
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:59:25 PM): in a word, sloppy
    joeKRAQ (10:59:28 PM): isn't it a slap in the face that he lost his match
    joeKRAQ (10:59:30 PM): ?
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:59:31 PM): where the fuck is IV
    joeKRAQ (10:59:37 PM): ^exactly
    Tha Storm Bringa (10:59:43 PM): its funny as shit that he lost
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:00:11 PM): couldnt even call those votes hate votes, his verse was truly sad
    joeKRAQ (11:00:15 PM): IV and TEKNEEK are making love via cypher through aim
    joeKRAQ (11:00:25 PM): must suck having to call your own battle
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:00:35 PM): lmmfao
    joeKRAQ (11:00:36 PM): lol, CK loses 10-0
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:00:54 PM): that's mean
    joeKRAQ (11:01:09 PM): so, how do you feel about DAD claiming that he's going to win?
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:01:43 PM): all I can say is "we'll see"
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:01:56 PM): seein as though he claims to be seein me in the final
    joeKRAQ (11:02:07 PM): lol
    joeKRAQ (11:02:13 PM): nicely put
    joeKRAQ (11:02:25 PM): do you think that inf should have been able to advance?
    joeKRAQ (11:04:27 PM): ....
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:04:38 PM): yes and no. yes cuz CK jus went and moved the deadline back in the middle of the tourney. if he moved it to a later time, that'd be coo, cuz I already had a prob with it bein so damn early. no cuz rules are rules, and homie no showed. the thread was up for a week, how you aint gon read what the shit says. he had to read it to get his topic didnt he?
    joeKRAQ (11:05:07 PM): i think if he had posted a late verse i wouldve let it slide
    joeKRAQ (11:05:21 PM): but seein as how he never posted, but continuosly made posts and threads ABOUT it
    joeKRAQ (11:05:27 PM): leads me to believe that he never wrote a verse
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:05:42 PM): exactly. homie jus pissed and moaned his way thru
    joeKRAQ (11:05:43 PM): so no, i dont think he shouldve advanced
    joeKRAQ (11:05:51 PM): but he would have definately won
    joeKRAQ (11:05:58 PM): ...here's a good question, what's the best aspect of the tournament right now (HINT: MY MAGAZINE)
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:05:59 PM): of course
    joeKRAQ (11:06:07 PM): lol
    joeKRAQ (11:06:17 PM): i guess that raps it up my nig
    joeKRAQ (11:06:36 PM): how much could we talk about when there's only like 3 active people in the tournament
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:06:41 PM): best aspect of the tourn is my winning
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:06:48 PM): lmao
    joeKRAQ (11:06:49 PM): and i was beaten
    joeKRAQ (11:07:00 PM): ima post this shit
    joeKRAQ (11:07:03 PM): you stay up my nig
    joeKRAQ (11:07:07 PM): im pushin for you
    joeKRAQ (11:07:11 PM): since you beat me
    Tha Storm Bringa (11:07:17 PM): thanks. be easi​
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[- ROUND THREE MATCH-UPS -]

[​IMG]

Pestilence VS Jook
    DaAlmightyDolla VS Brains
    Infinite Truth VS .:pain:.
    Storm Bringa VS Unavailable.

[- PREDICTIONS -]

Pestilence vs Jook

Should be the match of the tournament. Possibly better than the championship match. Should make this round very pleasing to read. Jook is a polished writer with clean and crisp ideas. He sacrifices nothing in order to convey his story, and yet it is always accompanied by a superb rhymescheme. Pestilence is one of my new favorite writers. I respect his willingness to step outside of the box. He is an abstract writer, always with a good meaning behind each story. His flow is shadowed by Jook's, but once you catch on to it, the story is a classic. Tough decision really, but assuming that both show, I've got Jook taking this one by an ass hair.

DaAlmightyDolla vs Brains

Another good match-up. Even. Both appear to be tip toeing around the same level of skill, imo. DAD has already stated that he is a favorite to win the tournament, through his eyes. He talks cocky, but to me, his verses are only mediocre. I never really enjoy the story, but besides that, I would say he has pretty good skills when it comes to the mechanics of writing a verse. My opinion on Brains is similar. His flow is pretty steady, and he is a pretty good writer as well. Assuming he actually delivers a good story, I've got Brains taking this one in another close match-up.

Infinite Truth vs .:pain:.

Two good writers. Wow, I did a good job of pitting emcees together. This will be another dope bout, and another close match as well. Infinite Truth is a polished writer with solid experience and solid clout. He has held his ground for years and will continue to do so in the future. Pain is a newcomer to me, I've never actually heard of him until now, but he his a pretty good writer. Pain is coming off an easy win over CK, and may not be ready for IT. However, IT is coming off a bye-week and may not be ready for anyone, or he may be ready for anyone. Half empty or half full, either way I've got Infinite Truth taking this match in a close one. This is assuming that he shows, instead of whining about no showing.

Storm Bringa vs Unavailable

Storm Bringa was a pleasant surprise last week, delivering one of my favorite verses of the tournament. He appears to have a creative mind and a pretty good bookbag of skills in order to get his thoughts on the blue screen. Unavailable, however, has yet to impress me in this tournament. He's made it this far through sheer luck of no shows. If Storm no shows, then my vote goes to Un. But assuming both show, I've got Storm taking this one in a heavily one sided battle... and I hope I'm wrong.

[- CONCLUSION -]

The tournament is sloppy and boring. Activity is dead. But I still believe in this league. Hopefully when the actual league starts, activity will rise and voting will be much better. But until then, we’ll just have to stay tuned.

And again, I appreciate those of you who are willing to continue to be active throughout the remainder of this tournament. I have chosen to reinstate both Infinite Truth and Pestilence to make the sides even and the tournament fair. Althought I personally believe that IF should have not been able to continue to compete, the decision was out of my hands. Besides, if he intends to show this week then more power to him. I will post battles in the EMCEE BATTLE FORUM I suppose, since Jeff has yet to respond. I will also post links to battles here in this thread. Rules will be in each battle. If everyone no shows then oh well, no love lost. I had free time and figured I would help out. But good luck and I hope you all continue to produce quality verses.

[- PS… BITCH MOVES OF THE WEEK -]

joeKRAQ (11:11:28 PM): yo
    cereal6killa (11:11:40 PM): howdy
    joeKRAQ (11:12:07 PM): ima send the mag ina sec
    joeKRAQ (11:12:20 PM): jus checkin ta see if this was your aim
    cereal6killa (11:12:21 PM): dude im outta the rstl
    cereal6killa (11:12:31 PM): i told jeff i want nothing to do wit it

----------------------------------------------

joeKRAQ (10:42:17 AM): so should i just end the rstl?
    tekneek2007 (10:42:32 AM): yeah man - its the people's fault
    joeKRAQ (10:42:40 AM): but why cant i post the threads in open mic
    joeKRAQ (10:42:47 AM): where's the rule?
    joeKRAQ (10:42:54 AM): i mean, its open mics that they're posting
    tekneek2007 (10:42:59 AM): OMF its not a league
    tekneek2007 (10:43:30 AM): no battle threads​
    test
  6. Alias2

Alias2 rumbrave.

good stuff
    test
  7. Alias2

Alias2 rumbrave.

so is there now no mods for it?
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

if jeff would ever hit me back, i said id take CK's spot for the time being

i have until sept 28th when school starts, but i can still help after that
    test
  9. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Great mag homie. I actually read the whole thing, and I can't remember the last time I did that. But I ain't no new comer doggy, I was champ at one point...
    test
  10. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

P.S., when are these verses due?
    test
  11. Storm Bringa

Storm Bringa Mad as Hell

word. I surely hope you mean NEXT sunday, cuz aint no way in hell Imma write a verse this weekend.
    test
  12. Storm Bringa

Storm Bringa Mad as Hell

and check your PM, Q
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i was honestly thinking this sunday, but i forgot about the labor day weekend

showing up is the most important thing, so when do you guys feel is a good deadline? definately not next sunday, that's far too long, but maybe sometime during the week, or next friday so we'll be back on schedule

and hopefully jeff gets in contact with me, so i can put this stuff in the rstl forum, if not... then we'll just finish the tournament and call it quits
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

oh, and pain... no hard feelings

but i wasnt around for about 3 years, so alot of people are newcomers to me
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

thanks on the feedback tho fellas
    test
  16. HellRzah

HellRzah PurE EviL

very nice mag
    test
  17. J o o k

J o o k Guest

dope magazine. i think i speak for everyone in the tourney when i say that we appreciate your effort.

i got best verse of the week again this week.

if time persists i will try to make history and be the first to get best verse every round.

q, i agree with you being mod, but i do think that jeff is getting fed up with the rstl, and really doesn't care too much about the text side of things.

q is the only mothafucka keeping this thing running.

so i will continue to support.
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

thanks jook

im jus tryin to help out, get in where i fit in

plus im bored, real talk

i work part time and school hasnt started yet and my job is usually dead, like now, im the only person here and ive been on the computer all day, off and on

and i usually dont come in until 1:30, so im home alone all morning cos my wife works fulltime, and im usually on the computer doing graphics anyway

so yea, in a nutshell
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

verses are due this WEDNESDAY, and votes are due this SATURDAY
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i will fix the threads as soon as i get home to reflect the new times
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.