RSTL The Mag -Week 5-

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by NOBLE SOLDIER, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

Is Atheist in?? Got damn.
    test
  2. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

ok but u gotta realise theres also misdiagnosis, a dude i know was treated as a paranoid skitzophrenic but ended up just having social anxiety. alot of people do need them but there are other cases where they dont and pills are just handed off without any real testing. i had skitzo moments which werent part of my "condition" but i felt like the pills were inducing them. who knows either way im different now then then and i mmedicaytion free.
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Word, you guys should interview me every week, lol...
    test
  4. .:Pain:.

If you're feelin' good and you've been off meds for a while now then great. By all means continue bein' med free and severe symptom free. I think lifetime prevalence for bi-polar disorder is only around about 1-5%, depending on what kind you have. And yes, shrinks nowadays are WAYYYYY too quick to hand out meds, that we can agree on.

But just because a few misdiagnosed cases occurred, doesn't make the whole concept invalid. My ankle was misdiagnosed as a severe sprain (there was actually a bunch of partial tears and there's a lot of scar tissue there to this day), but if I bust it again, I'm not gonna be like, I'm not gonna get it treated, they misdiagnosed it before.

Misdiagnosis happens in all facets of the health industry, and is no reason to become jaded of it...
    test
  5. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

yes whether it be mental or physical u gotta be on the lookout
    test
  6. Joro

Joro New Member

T.a.C - What's going on here is Got Life is obsessed with my sexuality. Pain is demonstrating his confusion of the roles of psychologists and psychiatrists in the treatment of mental health. And me and Guttso are debating the validity of medication as a treatment method for mental health.

Guttso - "mental heath" issues are really spiritual issues, not biological ones. In Western civilization spiritual issues are not considered scientific and are ignored. But "anxiety" and "schizophrenia" are really issues of the soul, not the body. In addition, people are treated with the goal of making them "productive" members of society. That means holding down a job, paying taxes. But some people can't vibe with that being the central motivation of their existence and so feel a turbulence within themselves. They are then diagnosed with some mental illness and are drugged into a numbness of their spiritual perception. Becuz in this material-focused society the spiritual world is unacknowledged. They don't want people rebelling so they're either locked up in a ward, or drugged into a zombie-like state.

Pain - Your ideas are transparently stupid. The psychiatrist goes to college, gets a PhD, then goes to med school, becomes a doctor, then goes to school some more and specializes in psychiatry....and then he has to turn around and ask a psychologist how to treat his patients? All he has to do is sign off on prescriptions? Wtf was he studying all those years?
    test
  7. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

[funny] they dont wanna us to escape the matrix
    test
  8. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

-falls asleep-
    test
  9. Soull

Soull New Member

Wow @ half the league choosing the same quote.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

yea. i'm glad i exchanged quotes.
    test
  11. Soull

Soull New Member

Attendance was miles better than last week, pity that Blitz
    no showed though, was hoping for some feedback.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i'm still writing. should be finished today. i really don't feel like writing an RBL verse though.
    test
  13. .:Pain:.

Your level of comprehension is transparently stupid. I never said shrinks answer to psychs, psychs answer to shrinks. Shrinks run the show, and psychs do all the actual work. Shrinks just sit back a collect money basically, they might see a client for a 15 minutes to verify shit and write the script.

Once again, I must ask the question, are you retarded or illiterate?
    test
  14. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

Damn blitz no showed? If I woulda knew that, I woulda wrote a verse for him an gave it to nasty like uhhh... blitz wanted you to have this lmao
    test
  15. Soull

Soull New Member

haha I found it kinda ironic that he no showed seeing as he was
    the one talking about people no showing last week. But whatever,
    something probably came up.

Either way, it will be a interesting match next week...
    test
  16. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

I do believe that you asked for an extension, did you no? he still could show in the next few hours.
    test
  17. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

Pain, how are you gonna no-show me in your own damn league guy.

Pfft.
    test
  18. .:Pain:.

^You took an extension, then so did I.

I'm not gonna let moderating duties get in the way of me getting hammered on one of my best friend's b-days...
    test
  19. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

test
  20. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

i posted 3 days ago...
    only place i let an extension go down was here you nig.
    lol, get to postin.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.