RSTL The Mag -Week 5-

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by NOBLE SOLDIER, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

^looks like you cracked the case
    test
  2. Joro

Joro New Member

LOL.....ok I'm annoying.

You fruitcakes - as evidenced by your willful ignorance as to the real intention of that Introspectrum post - obviously want me to be gay. I don't even wanna speculate as to why.

And Pain .... nope. Medical doctors write prescriptions, not psychologists. Psychiatrists are medical doctors. You'll never be one. You'll never "advise" one on how to treat a patient.

Just keeping it real.

Keep talking shit if you want to... just like in your "raps".

You cats are jokers, consoling each other n shit. "We're cool! - Joro's not!"....fuck outta here. Kids.
    test
  3. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

Geez, you know that nobody gives a fuck about your sexual orientation or Pains field of profession, right? so every irrelievant comment you make is just another post to your count. good job, guy ive never heard of. way to... make a... post.
    test
  4. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

and seemingly a full blown queer with self loathing issues.
    test
  5. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

The bitching in here is the same as always.

Do things never fucking change?

Haha.

What's happening, kiddies?
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

atheist, always a good read.
    test
  7. Got Life?

oh shit...
    this nigga.
    test
  8. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Nobody wants you to be gay except you man. Just read that post I quoted.
    Are you retarded or illiterate? I said that Psychiatrists write scripts, not psychologists. And like I said, don't tell me how the human service industry works. That'd be like me telling you how to suck a dick.
    Says the guy that wrote a Mims song the first week and I Get Money the next.

You could ghostwrite for Cam'Ron, and no, that's definitely not a compliment...
    test
  9. .:Pain:.

Lmao, yea that's him in a nut shell...
    test
  10. Got Life?

i'm anticipating an "always strapped" remix from him this week.
    test
  11. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

fuck that shit im human i deal with my problems i got worse as they pumped me with more drugs
    test
  12. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

i think u got it twisted homie maybe its different where we live or just its different for different circumstances on how u get connected to that like some people say i feel like this and see a psychiatrist and they precribe, but i saw a psycholigist years before i went to the loony bin unrelated then they had some hospital dr. psychiatrist check me out like 5 minutes a day and he was the doctor who prescribed shit... psycholigist never reccomended it or that i take it i was on lockdown there, she and my family doctor say its ok if im off the pills since i forgot them once on a trip cause i thoguht my mom was gonna grab them i had been off them for a while... only one them for like 2 months so i wasnt to on them, also i had been cuttin my dose everyday by a bit.. that shit wasnt cool made me feel like a zombie.
    test
  13. Joro

Joro New Member

K3 - word. Medication for "mental illness" IS bullshit. It kills your spirit - I have first hand experience. Medication is designed to keep the patient in-check and passive so that they aren't a threat to society, rather than actually healing their mental health.

Good for you for standing up to the doctor (and probably you're parents' too) and refusing that shit.
    test
  14. .:Pain:.

Nah I said a couple of times that only Psychiatrists prescribe meds.

Psychologists are the ones that come up with the treatment options, then give the treatments options to the shrink and the client.

And word, if you don't like the side effects then fuck it. But certain people do need medication. You really think it's better for schizo's to be unmedicated?
    test
  15. Got Life?

lol @ Joro's standing up to parents plug cause he's trying to strike up the courage to climb out the closet.
    test
  16. MC Guttso

MC Guttso Fingers in Pies

Medication for mental illness is NOT bullshit.

Let me think of one or two examples -

1) Anxiety disorders cause a huge amount of stress to those who suffer from them. Many clients want to actively change their behaviour, so that fear does not take control of their lives. Therefore medication can prove beneficial by quelling the symptoms. I'm sure you've all heard of Valium and Xanax. Yes there can be side effects and withdrawal symptoms. But the client and therapist can create a cost-benefit analysis to weigh up whether taking a certain type of medication (with potential side effects) outweighs the benefit of relieving anxiety. Just a simple blanket arguement there, I know. More specifically Prozac works for panic disorder, but before I get critiscised the drug does not offer protection once a person discontinues them, so the best scenario would be to integrate drug treatment with quality therapy to address the root causes of the problems.

2) Schizophrenia is arguably the most serious of mental disorders, and there is a lot of stigma and inaccurate assumptions attached to it, including "schizo's are violent" or "most are in jail" I can tell you that the people I have met suffering from schizophrenia are probably more down to earth people than all of you. Antipsychotic medication/neuroleptics are almost essential in the treatment of schizophrenia, although it does depend on the stage of the illness. Basically when a patient is completely psychotic, psychological interventions are hardly going to be that successful, they're going to be distracted, and unable to concentrate on what a therapist is saying. Therefore drugs ARE needed. By all means the dosage can then be reduced as patients learn new ways to reduce and cope with the stress that schizophrenia brings.

So I'm 100% for: the wise use of drugs.

Also psychiatrists are devoted to the treatment of mental health and are authorised to prescribe. Psychology is a MUCH broader discipline and it is not just used to treat mental health. It's used in almost every aspect of society - improving intelligence and education in school, increasing the motivation of a workforce, constructing products in more efficient ways through to helping footballers increase their fitness on the pitch.

I've written too much here. I'll leave you with it.
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

damn gutt.
    test
  18. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

i got no idea whats going on here
    test
  19. MC Guttso

MC Guttso Fingers in Pies

^ I should've saved it for the Introspectrum.
    test
  20. Soull

Soull New Member

Its funny how that interview led to all of this.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.