Rstl Mag : The Finals........

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by A.S.K, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

RSTL MAG
    Brought to you by Rapter2k and Talent

IN this weeks mag:
    INtro
    Beef or over-reaction?
    Top 10
    The retirement
    Who will reigh champion?
    Outro

Intro
    OKay so here is the mag. May not be as good as ever as it is me doing it and not vern. But i tryed to bring some slightly different articles so i aint copying. But thanks to talent as ever for the top 10 verses, we owe him so much. read and enjoy people.

Beef or over-reaction?

Okay so I thought I might add a change to the mag. Something which may strike nerves or set something off. We all know Tekneek, made the league but latelty seemes to have weird times. And we all know talent, for obvious skill reasons. But it seems these two have a beef, which talent doesn’t actually know about. Myself, and Omen, had a conversation with Tekneek which brought up the subject of talent. Apparently talent has it in for tekneek and constantly hates on him. Now im not too sure though I did sense some tension but Tek definelty thinks that Talent is his main opponenet in the league and the one who he dislikes the most. Wjhen I asked talent, he brushed it aside saying he didn’t know. So is this beef, or is this Tek going on about something in his old age. Or have I just turned the heat up a bit. Ohh well…………

TOP 10

10. Vember...
    ...he may not be a fan favorite, but Vember is a fairly skilled writer...this week, though his concept was exceptionally simplistic, simply writing a verse about despair, his actually writing was no where near as simplistic...he included some fairly complex metaphors and kept his word choice very much so on point throughout...and he used a variety of rhyme scheme techniques to keep his flow working..the end result was a well written verse on everything the word despair encompasses.

9. Anaphora...
    ...in my vote on Anaphora vs. Erykah Caine, i suggested that Anaphora is one of the strangest cases i've seen in the RSTL...the reason i would say such a thing is not to insult Ana, but to bring up a startling contrast that can be found in some of his verses...a few weeks ago, in the match he lost to Headless Verseman in the tournament, I said Anaphora had the most well written verse of the week...this week, though his concept was FAR stronger, he LACKED the polished writing he had shown to me before...however, this week he still kept his flow fluid enough and the storyline of the haunting father-nonfigure, and the theme of like father like son really worked for him...it was a GREAT concept...he's done better, but as far as concepts go, this was probably top 3 this week.

8. Vern Acular - Tournament Verse
    ...Vern says he underestimated 4Sight, and one might believe that when they see a Vern Acular verse as low as #8 in the top 10, however there was only one sign of this underestimating...i feel secure saying that had Vern not used the tasteless and cliche'd AIDS twist that dissappointed most of the voters so much, he would be the one advance...he had laid out a very enjoyable read, a story about a bum who lost his girlfriend with his luck, then when luck came back, she came back, only for luck to leave again...it was an interesting rise and fall story that was well told with a great flow and rhyme scheme, as we've come to expect from Vern, but it lacked the ending...still, the storytelling alone was good enough in an off week like last to garner a top 10 spot...it's sad to see a legend retire.

7. MC4Sight - Tournament Verse
    ...this is another case similar to Anaphora's...MC4Sight has proven time and time again that he knows how to write great, poetic pieces...but it seems like this week he came up with a great storyline and toned down his writing skills because of it...that's a no-no...however, 4Sight still wrote his story fairly well and he brought in a series of twists, while holding strong to a theme of the pitfalls of the self-absorbed...and although he kept his word choice simplistic, it was never poorly written, just a little lacking in imagery...in the end, 4Sight came out with a very nice verse with a great story.

6. Tekneek...
    ...though i just found out that he seems to think i don't like him, and that he doesn't like me for whatever reason, Tek's verse this week was nice...it was creative, actually far more creative than his normal verses, which usually lack most in that area...and it had a very nice theme...and i have to admit i didn't see the twist coming at all...i guess my only problem is that there were times when the wording was a little convoluded and hard to follow...still, it was an enjoyable read that brought a smile to my face when i was finished.

5. Harlequin...
    ...to call this the strangest verse of the week would be an understatement...Harle threw out some incredible imagery, combined it with an eeiry, dark plot, and capped it off with a little twisted humor...it was a very nice read...very nice...the only negative i saw with it was that it seemed a bit convoluded...but he pulled off this strange verse very well...the first stanza reads like a clinic on imagery...just a very well done verse.
    test
  2. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

4. Vern Acular...
    ...i don't understand why people feel the need to formally retire from a league...signing out is one thing, but retirement seems so permanent...and then when you comeback, there's going to be someone who says "didn't he retire"...still, if that's what Vern wants, fine...atleast he retires on a high note, as champion...the verse he dropped was not his best, but it was still DOPE...the concept was "IT Pt. 2," themed on the classic horror tale...he painted the clownface into my mind, deeply embedding images of mania and grasping me from the beginning with his imagery...it was a very original concept for a verse, and when he finally revealed the ending, it was geniusly done...the suspense was high and the storytelling was great...its odd to see Vern going out on a verse that did not have an incredible rhyme scheme, but i'm kinda glad he pushed aside his normal incredible multis for some great imagery...just a dope verse.

3. Namix - Tournament Verse
    ...entering the tournament, i can't imagine anyone picking Namix to win his bracket...i'm fairly confident that he entered just to prove to himself and others that he is more than a battler...and he has definitely proven that to us all...at first i had my doubts, but he has produced four very good, and two GREAT, verses in a row...namix has an ability to keep his writer's voice in tune with the story he is telling, which is the crucial element to tone...a lot of RSTL writers don't do this, and it hurts them...namix also throws around his wit, but he's not just a guy who can keep a story going well enough to throw in a few dope wordplays...he really dug deep into his character this week, and truly threatened Omen...he kept his story very somber in tone and mood, and just pulled the whole thing off to be a sincere story of love lost...i'm more than impressed, and hope he joins the league.

2. Awedishin...
    ...it's no secret that i hate mac flow...infact, the only person that hates him more than me is God...infact, i am looking forward to shutting him out this week...it should be an easy task if he writes a verse as incredible emotional and well told with such a great twist and tremendous concept as he did this week...especially if he keeps his flow smooth and his word choice on point with his tone and mood so well, like he did this week...in the end, it's obvious that he's the worst 3 time champion in the RSTL...i can't think of any reason why i'm giving him the #2 verse except that last week he wrote a masterpiece.

1. Omen - Tournament Verse
    ...is there anyone like this?...is there anyone who has set a standard of being verse of the week, and anything else is a dissappointment...this man is 39-3, and if he wins the tournament(thus having his tournament wins added to his record), he'll be 45-3 lifetime...i went into a lot of detail in my vote...and i love this piece...i'm just going to copy my vote..." i know people whom hold this impression that the reason you are so poetic is because you often will divulge into an enormous vocabulary to tell your stories...this was a perfect example of why that is not true...to call someone "poetic" or "lyrical" implies that their tone in writing is graceful, and smooth...this week, you pulled out one of the most poetic pieces i've ever read from you, and yet you seemed to simplify things a little in terms of your lexicon...the way you approached, especially the first five stanzas, were brilliantly undertoned and softspoken...you allowed your reader to step into the piece slowly, and then grasped them with the powerful metaphors and the overall content of the piece...it was a chart of the descent of mankind, and you portrayed it so well...just the overall creativity is what stood out to me, in the whole concept and the approach you took to get it across...very well worded, and the flow was so smooth...this is a vintage Omen piece."...that about sums it up...fantastic.

The retiring of a champ
    All things pass over. Though they may not want to, or some think it was long overdude they all pass. But this passing of a rule, a retirement is one which is on the the top of the game. I am talking of your RSTL mod, your 6-week defending champion and now best RSTL writer retired. Vern, having beaten many records, had decided to call it a day. He has defended his crown against a lot of the best at the moment and each week he has written an amazing verse, which many strive for.I cant even imagine how long he has been here for but that record is huge and not many are ever goning to get that credit or respect which Vern takes with him into retirement. AS many say he will come back, IV promising he will make him, but for now at least he is in retirement and has left himself with nothing to prove and everything to gain. So show some respect for your RSTL mod. Bye bye verny……..

The champions of champions: It is about to start

Well this tourney has definitely been one to remeber. From shocks to great battles this one has had it all. But that is insignificant now. For we have reached the finals, the great two clash. Those who hve battled their way to the end. First off is Omen, who I am damn amazed at. I cant express in words how good ths guy is in my view, yet he is still as humble as hell when u talk to him. He deserves to be here, and he is hungry to take this home. But in his way is MC4sight. This guy caused the upset of the tourney, beating Vern who was expected to win. He is hungry as hell and maybe that will carry you through. I urge everyone in the league to drop a vote on this and make it the best in history. Good luck to both, though only one will walk away the winner.​

Outro

Yeh that was it. Thanks to talent again, and i hope you are all going to go vote on that champion match. Good luck to all this week and as a side note the champion hall will be updated after this wekk​
    test
  3. Type Writer

Type Writer The Next RSTL Champ

test
  4. Dikembe Mutombo

Dikembe Mutombo New Member

word good ish...thanks Talent you bastid lol
    test
  5. Og Simmson

Og Simmson New Member

test
  6. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

test
  7. Khôi NguJin

Khôi NguJin faith.hope.love

nice, but...i still say that..

Tha Talent vs. Vern Acular

would be one for the ages once again. Vern, u should've stayed for one more week, it would've been the biggest bout IMO.
    test
  8. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

nice mag rapter you did a nice job.....

and good luck to omen....
    test
  9. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

i've battled Vern twice already.
    we are 1-1
    test
  10. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

dam vern lost in the tourney.. imma have to go read that shit..
    test
  11. Half 'n Half

Half 'n Half :.Street Ghetto Essence.:

Talent, that's what would've made it an insane match. most anticipated, but Vern had to go retire.
    test
  12. god_son

god_son Hollow Shellz

test
  13. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

Thanks Talent and for all the mentions...

Although Talent I don't really feel I should be there... there were several others who deserve that spot
    test
  14. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

good shit on getting the mag done....

thanks guys...
    test
  15. Illustrated

Illustrated F*ck it, and F*ck u

def nice mag, this should be fun
    test
  16. namix

namix u flip shit, i refine it

nice verse omen.. I just got back from vacation to find out i lost haha.. nice shit tho pawtna..

and nice mag guys.. thanks for the tourny ya'll.. i'll be back someday.. for now imma go get pist in the arby-L =)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.