RSTL MAG Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Suggestion: Talk about me a lot. :funny:

but do your thing fellas
    test
  2. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

yoooo,

if you have any ideas to make the mag improve, drop your ideas here

right now here is the formula

rstl countdown - iv

week i n review - patrown

interviewer - i can do it... but id like someone with a different approach then myself for this at this time

for the power rankings im thinking of letting everyone vote in a top 10 every week, kind of like a coaches poll... then discuss about each artist featured... just an idea

id like to have one article each week, on a crucial rstl topic... If someone wants to do this ( for the sake of this magazine not being centered around my opinion) step up... ill play editor for you, and give u an assignment on sunday night, and you gotta write on it and have it turned in by tuesday night...

id also like a person who can focus on all new sign ins and predict which one he thinks will make it the farthest...

it might add to the pressure newbies have to sign in cuz then they can be the rookie of the week...

i have plenty of ideas, however i need a reliable cast to set this drama into action...

holla
    test
  3. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

Ya'll should have a Defcon appreciation section lol j/k..but u could add in a small section for voter of the week. like the person that gave the best breakdowns of the verses and a great description of why they voted for who they voted for
    test
  4. Insanevillian

if you want that... than you can do it

:)

you got the job if u want it....
    test
  5. patrown

patrown student for life

I see great potential in all your ideas,
    but I'm not sure what you mean by "a crucial rstl topic."
    do you mean each weeks pictures/topics/story lines?
    or something more broad?
    test
  6. patrown

patrown student for life

.. that's a damn good idea.
    test
  7. Insanevillian

for example...

this week i woulda sent these "headlines" and you could pick one and write on it

"No Show in RSTL's First Title match..."

"IV pushes his way... barely... to the title match..."

"Why do people wait till the last second to vote"

"What the RSTL needs to do to increase numbers"

Kuja : Mysterious Ireland Native is now champ....

there are plenty of things to write about.... :) ... just need writers... of course i dont think we will have that many articles in one paper... ill be happy with just one of those...
    test
  8. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

They all sound good except the voting idea cause goons will vote for themselves n ruin the whole thing..
    test
  9. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Dont know if you think this is a shit idea but... When i wrote a mag last year,
    I did something called the peoples rankings, which was based upon the amount
    of times the battle recieved views, example.

LyricalPreist Vs Coup recieved 310 views (so Lp & Coup both get 310 points)

LyricalPreist Vs InsaneVillian Recieved 342 (so both get 342 points putting lp on 652)

Depends if you like this idea or not, the theory is obviously, better the match up, better
    the views. Maybe this might encourage voting more frequent too, i dunno, just wanted to throw it out there tho.
    test
  10. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Example

Viewers Rankings

InsaneVillian - 1549
    LyricalPriest - 1363
    J.Keeper - 1346
    Kuja - 1311
    ShadowWarriorfs - 1172
    Breathless - 1152
    Omega Man - 1069
    Cereal Killer - 919
    Pent Up - 861
    Tekneek - 790
    TAC - 702
    Defcon - 472
    Pestilence - 206

Aight this is just an example up to week 4 & using only those who are still signed in from week 4. This is not a reflextion on skill or writing caliber, its just merely an idea for a bit of fun. so yea, if you like the idea then you can use it or if not by all means tell me its shit haha.

Ps. yes thats all the views added up for each person up to week 4 in there match-ups, yes some people have had less battles than others and so forth.
    test
  11. patrown

patrown student for life

I don't mean to be rude or completely say it's bad idea. it did interest me.
    but a guy with two no shows against a well known person on a losing streak will jump up the list on the merit of his opponent.. that is the only flaw I see in doing that.
    but it's not exactly a small one considering the objective.

... I really didn't want to have to see it in writing like that. I remember knowing I had to do it but not being able to move far enough out of bed to copy and paste between two windows.
    test
  12. patrown

patrown student for life

tbh i do like the idea but the way people are placed on top of each other is important and the math is flawed.
    test
  13. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Yea was just an idea, but like i said its only ment to be a fun kind of thing, therefore doesnt really matter who is on top as it has no refelection on the acual rstl rankings
    test
  14. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

i like your idea KU..

its just a little insentive to stay in and remain as the most viewed writer..
    test
  15. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

And straight up IV you need help send me what you want me to do..

anything..
    test
  16. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

test
  17. patrown

patrown student for life

I think you'd do this really well CK..
    well, any part of the mag including what I called real early.

If you want to do a verse by verse breakdown in place of me, I will humbly step aside after IV gives the nod...
    test
  18. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

NAh dude we can both right for it.. make a super mag each week..
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

I like the fact that you want to include us in the makin of the mag, and that might be an option the mods should consider, it's just in my experience it never works people might do a good mag article one week but then they dnt follow up.. dnt get me wrong writing the mag and voting and participating in the league is a full time job. its burnt me out after a couple of weeks.. but the problem is you have to be participating to be able to write the mag, we couldnt have an outsider write it for us. it never works that way...

I suggest that people just keep the mag easy, spice it up with as much as you can, and when people contribute indepth articles we will have our little extra suprise each week.. this way people aren't forced and can contribute at a level they are comfortable with..
    test
  20. patrown

patrown student for life

or if anybody with more experience can fill the empty space coup left us with..

cough.. lp.. cough.. speak up. im not pretendin i think im best for it i just spoke up quick, hope that's clear.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.